Isaac
Years ago

The Dome renamed Adelaide Arena

Found this in a QLD web designer's portfolio:

http://www.adelaidearena.com.au/

Previously known as the "Adelaide Dome" and renamed “Adelaide Arena” by it's new owners in 2010, this purpose built stadium is a state of the art Events and Sporting facility.

Topic #24982 | Report this topic

curious  
Years ago

I think that is a great new name!! (especially considering it never was a dome which used to bug me!)...horrible logo!! IMO

Reply #308366 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I like it, but is this officially official?

Reply #308367 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

"state of the art" I get the feeling the person who wrote this hasnt seen the scoreboard in action!!

Reply #308370 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Works for me, and while I don't want to disrespect Brett, reads better than the BMC (which sounds like a free sponsorship deal for Cadel Evan's team sponsor).

Reply #308376 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The court remains the Brett Maher Court.

Despite what Boti tried to portray the venue was never called the BMC or Brett Maher Court.

Reply #308381 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Coach K Court/Cameron Indoor

Reply #308385 | Report this post

Fizzle  
Years ago

Better, the dome was a terrible name.

Reply #308390 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Bah! It will always be the Powerhouse to me!

Reply #308392 | Report this post

TP  
Years ago

Tidy looking website too. Was there ever anything like this site set up when it was the Dome or the Powerhouse?

Reply #308396 | Report this post

ringlord  
Years ago

Love it,sounds good now lets pack it more often.

Reply #308397 | Report this post

Ushiro  
Years ago

Clipsal Powerhouse and Distinctive Homes Dome are as long lasting as AAMI Stadium - once the Naming Rights are finished, it officially moves back to what?

At least now with the centre court named BMC, there is always that defacto name, just as Football Park (Footy Park) always will be the defacto name of the West Lakes Stadium.

Reply #308402 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

TP, yes, there was and they had a few domains relating to it - dhdome, adelaidedome, etc.

Reply #308405 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Apollo for ever!

Reply #308406 | Report this post

illicit  
Years ago

i dont mind adelaide dome, but yeah im with skip its always the Powerhouse to me too

Reply #308409 | Report this post

Mix Master Wipe  
Years ago

Like the name and site also,no longer have to cringe when i hear the place called the dome.

Reply #308411 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Adelaide Dome reminds me of Phil Smyth's head...

Reply #308412 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Adelaide Arena is a 1000 times better than the Dome, but I'm old school like DB.

BMC is great and a keeper, but the building does need a better name and Adelaide Arena is it.

Reply #308414 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

I still refer to it as the Powerhouse and constantly correct myself.

Here's to the West End Foodland Eagle Blue Pura Milk Sprint Auto Farmers Union 36ers.

Reply #308422 | Report this post

dome rats  
Years ago

home sweet home !

Reply #308424 | Report this post

Peter  
Years ago

I'm with you Skip - the Powerhouse had a great ring to it and still does.

Reply #308431 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Yep, Powerhouse sounds awesome....

Adelaide Arena though..... are we actually getting an upgrade to the building anytime soon or are we still going to be living like it's 1992?

Reply #308448 | Report this post

KB3  
Years ago

when the owner is facing significant jail time one would think the Powerhouse/ Dome/ BMC / Arena upgrades would be a fair way down the priority list

Reply #308451 | Report this post

ANON12  
Years ago

Isaac,
Interesting website (very professional). However, your post states the new owner/s renamed the stadium in 2010. My understanding is Groves still owns the venue (or maybe the bank) and that SOS have first option on any purchase.

Reply #308472 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No new owner, new management company

Reply #308473 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

ANON12, I just copied that from their site. I think this renaming would've been news to just about everyone outside the management company until yesterday.

Reply #308477 | Report this post

Bubble Boy  
Years ago

What!!! the Powerhouse was renamed the Dome? When did that happen??????

Reply #308509 | Report this post

ANON12  
Years ago

Thaanks Isaac. I wonder who the new management company consists of, or is this another shell company for Groves?

Reply #308521 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I'd say Groves/co are still involved. The Dome is primarily/entirely run out of QLD now.

Reply #308523 | Report this post

dave-blocknorth  
Years ago

I guess 'Adelaide Arena' has a ring to it.
Remember when Flinders Park became Melbourne Park. I dont hear anyone refer to it as Flinders Park anymore. The name stuck and I reckon, force the issue as Adelaide Arena with the BMC

Reply #308607 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:42 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754