ABL Report
Years ago

ABL - The race to Finals

The regular season is only a few rounds from done, and with the 5th place in the womens comp up for grabs, and the mens looking pretty well done, I will have a look at the remaining games left, for those teams in contention.

Womens:

Centrals - Currently 5th with 7 wins and 7 losses but a game behind the rest with a Norwood catch up game to be played round 17.

Run Home:
North. Loss
Forestville. Loss
Norwood. Loss
Woodville. Win

I would expect centrals to go 1 and 3 but if they play well they can go 2 and 2.

I predict Centrals to finish 8 wins 10 losses and to just miss out.

South - Currently in 6th spot with 7 wins and 8 losses. Great back half of the season but I would suggest all a bit too late.

Run Home:
Sturt. Loss
Norwood. Loss
Eastern. Win

I predict South to go 1 and 2, and finish the season at 8 wins and 10 losses, and to just miss out.

North - Currently sitting in 7th spot with 7 wins and 8 losses. Up and down season but a fee good late season wins sees them in a strong spot.

Run Home:
Centrals. Win
Southern. Win
Forestville. Loss

I predict North to do 2 and 1 with experience of the veterans pulling them through. Should finish the season with 9 wins and 9 losses and should snatch 5th spot.

Southern - Currently sitting in 8th spot with 7 wins and 8 losses. Mix bag this season and one would suggest underperforming after last seasons strong result. Some crucial losses along the way have really dented their chances of making the 5.

Run Home:
West. Loss
North. Loss
Sturt. Loss

I predict Southern to go 0 and 3 for the run home finishing with 7 wins and 11 losses.

This weekends game at the Plex holds huge ramifications for the Major rounds. If Centrals win this should see them through to the finals as they will hold both games on head to head. North win and this puts Centrals out of touch.

However

South have a tough road home and will need to upset either Sturt or Norwood to keep their chances alive. They they hold the head to head split over both North and Centrals, so if they can sneak an upset and finish at 9 and 9, they will just get into to the 5.

Southern have a very tough road home, and unless they play ball like they did last August, they will miss the 5. Crucial losses to South and Centrals the last 2 weeks has all but eliminated their Chances. If they beat North this week it helps their chances but both South and Centrals hold the head to head split, so they would either have to rely on an upset elsewhere, or pinching a game from West (which they can do) or Sturt.

I will look at Mens later

Topic #25903 | Report this topic

ABL Report  
Years ago

Sorry should read if Southrrn beat North next week.

Reply #324051 | Report this post

Chk Chk Boom  
Years ago

Didn't Jack already have a thread going on this?

Reply #324063 | Report this post

Mike Chuck  
Years ago

On the Panthers' form, they could upset Norwood. The Flames have been a bit off lately, and with the game being at Marion, South might just get home. Don't rule out North's chances of beating Forestville again, but don't underestimate Centrals at home v North this week. Exciting run home...

Reply #324166 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:16 am, Mon 13 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754