Satish Dogra
Years ago

More power to the HSA

Hey Isaac,

Great job with the HSA stuff, it makes for very informative viewing.

I particularly like that players can get negative HSA rankings, like (for example) Burdon did for North against Centrals. Does this mean that players who get a negative HSA were better off staying on the bench and not checking in? And who has the worst HSA ranking for an individual game so far this year?

My other question is: how are the MVPs judged on the box scores kept on the site? It appears it's from the HSA ranking, if Gower getting the game MVP in the Forestville game is any guide.

There were at least two other players higher than Gower as the game MVP: Forman was clearly the best player on the court and nearly won it for Sturt by himself; and Dix was more than serviceable.

This is not meant to be a bitch, as I think the HSA stuff is cool and well worth doing: I'm just trying to work out whether it's really an MVP or actually an MEP: Most Efficient Player.

Topic #2626 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

You're correct in that the MVP is automatically calculated based on HSA ranking. I've been meaning to add a note about this.

Obviously it's meant as a rough guide rather than anything too deep.

Still, it makes you wonder whether 17 points is more "valuable" than a block, a couple of extra assists and six steals. By HSA calculations, it's 17 vs 19.5. Someone has to hit those big shots, but someone else has to be snatching the ball at the other end for them to get the opportunity. All a bit of fun I guess.

It gives a good amount of recognition to those players who do more than just put points on the board.

Reply #29574 | Report this post

New Jack City  
Years ago

Can you please explain what HSA is?

high score achivment award?

HeteroSexual Anonymous?

High School Anyone?

not sure

Reply #29596 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

Hoops SA, but in this context HSA is for the 'HSA score' determined when combining various statistics as outlined on the stats page. It is a basically a score assigned to each player to identify their effieciency on their stats.

Reply #29603 | Report this post

New Jack City  
Years ago

thanks Dr......HSA as hoops SA did not even regester.

Reply #29605 | Report this post

Manute's G-String  
Years ago

H airy
S atish's
A ggits

Reply #29616 | Report this post

Vincent Vega  
Years ago

MGS, your alias creates a very disturbing image.

Reply #29617 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

HSA Rating = Hoops SA Rating. Nothing tricky about it!

Reply #29648 | Report this post

Manute's G-String  
Years ago

Yes Vincent it does, and yes my legs really do go all the way up. As for all you girls out there, don't forget that once you've had black you can never go back!

Reply #29792 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:11 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754