Years ago

trophy suggestion

would like to see something along the lines of the SANFL's Stanley H lewis trophy for district basketball.

it is where all grades contribute to the trophy over a season and the trophy is awarded to the most consistent club over the minor round.

It really rewards clubs that have had solid minor rounds and not based on finals results.

i.e ABl win = 50pt, reserves win = 25 pts, Div 3 win 15 pts etc etc

or it could be based on final minor round placings rather than w/L ratio.

it also supports the clubs that support BSA by placing teams across the grades.

Topic #27650 | Report this topic

bsa aren't capable of much

Reply #352141 | Report this post

Dirty Sturty  
Years ago

Hey, just writing the acceptance speak now.

Thank you one and all.

Reply #352146 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My observations of your div 1 teams dirty is that you club is starting to slide!!

Reply #352149 | Report this post

Dirty Sturty  
Years ago

Sure,

Thats why we won all the junior trophies last year, the first time it has ever happened.

Reply #352152 | Report this post

Tweet Tweet  
Years ago

Slightly off-topic, but I was thinking of buying about 10-15 basketball trophies and having them engraved with various championships and 'best and fairest' awards from different years to both make myself feel good and impress people that come around to my house. It’s a pretty good idea I think.

Reply #352311 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:47 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754