Straight Fringe
Years ago

Shooting slumps

Anyone know the best way to get out of a playing funk?

Topic #2786 | Report this topic

Nutwork  
Years ago

retire

Reply #31667 | Report this post

haircut  
Years ago

think about your feet. set your feet- focus on balance below the waist. This assumes you are well drilled and have good technique to start with.
Continue to take the shots that are within your range and don't second guess if the shot is open..you take it.

Reply #31690 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Keep shooting until it fixes itself...at least that is what I am doing.

Jacob Holmes

(Mod: I don't want a precedent set for impersonation here, so "this wasn't posted by Jacob Holmes" for those 2 people who might not realise it's a joke.)

Reply #31691 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

try shooting left handed (assuming your a natural right hander), really think about your technique. shoot for about 10-15 minutes with your left, then switch back to your right. Works a treat.

Reply #31694 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Ask Panther...

Reply #31695 | Report this post

Izzard  
Years ago

Tighten your ab muscles when you jump to shoot. Gives better balance which is the major cause of missing. Try it, it's simple and it works!

Reply #31706 | Report this post

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

For touch..
I always say shoot 100 set shots on each side of the ring from about 4-5ft out.
Go old school and use the backboard... this will give you back your touch as an even rythmn is required to score a basket.

For game preparedness:
Always have someone to pass you the ball like you would receive it during a game ... chest pass/bounce pass and try and duplicate the speed of your 'game' time release.
Balance and foot work are usually the sticking points .. shoot till exhaustion while maintaining good form.

Hope that helps .. unless ofcourse you are playing my team on the weekend !! ;)

Reply #31713 | Report this post

ITA  
Years ago

No way to tell you what you are doing wrong on a chat room son, can't see it. Ask your coach, and video tape it so you can see it, then work it out.

Reply #31720 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

straight fringe - ask coach mal. He knows all...

Reply #37876 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:45 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754