Aussie
Years ago

Nathan Jawai signs with Barcelona

It appears as though big Nate has signed on with Barcelona and will join Joe Ingles next season.You have to translate it the article states he is only signed for euroleague but I don't know how accurate that is.

http://www.tubasket.com/noticia/fc-barcelona-regal/ahora-si-bara-rompe-hucha-convencer-lorbek-fichar-tomic-nathan-jawai/2103121/6305

Topic #28714 | Report this topic

paul  
Years ago

If true, awesome news!

Reply #369572 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

If anything's going to whip him into shape and make him a more complete player, this will.

Great news if true!

Reply #369573 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

This would be great news for Big Nate if true!

Reply #369602 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

This would also be great for the Boomers program, as Nate would have his good friend Joe Ingles in his ear constantly about how important it is to play for your country.

Reply #369604 | Report this post

Lance_Uppercut  
Years ago

That's awesome. such a great club. I'd heard a couple of months a go that Nate was looking for somewhere warmer to play and was in discussions with Barca, but wasn't sure it would happen, given barcelona must be every import players first choice of places and clubs to play for in Europe

Reply #369612 | Report this post

Peter  
Years ago

I'm sure i heard ingles was cut by barcelona

Reply #369614 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

I tihnk Ingles had 1 or 2 years left on his deal...but if he isn't listed as a local he might be cut...if he is a local he'd still be secure one would think.

Reply #369630 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

He's a Bosman player = non-Spanish European player. There arent restrictions on Bosman players in the Euroleague but there are in the Spanish league.

Reply #369634 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ingles cut by Barcelona, mmm Must be playing AFL then.

Where do these clowns get there information, kellogs packets!

LMFAO total waste of space.

Reply #369642 | Report this post

BALLER#3  
Years ago

Looking forward even more to my Dallas Mavs taking on Barcelona now. Too bad Dallas is going to be terrible this year. Wouldn't be surprised for Barcelona to beat them!

Reply #369648 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I guess he impressed enough in his time in Russia!

Egg meet face, haters.

Reply #369655 | Report this post

Peter  
Years ago

you are the clown anonymous.... who mentioned AFL, i heard it on the radio on the weekend, but it may be wrong, just a thought .... and dust up on your grammar clown, wrong there/their !! and can imagine you LMFAO ??? WTFDTM?????

Ingles cut by Barcelona, mmm Must be playing AFL then.

Where do these clowns get there information, kellogs packets!

LMFAO total waste of space.

Reply #369673 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty sure Joe is about to, if he hasn't already, put pen to paper and extend his career with Barcelona!

Reply #369969 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Im not sure how much he impressed in 'his time in Russia', there was good and bad, but his QF series against Barcelona was absolutely superb and Im pretty sure that has earned him this opportunity if it is true.

Reply #369998 | Report this post

Pallas84  
Years ago

Barca's coach announced that Jawai was signed to be their third string center. So don't get your hopes up that this will make him any better.

Since he will probably be getting like 10 minutes a game of playing time.

Reply #370447 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Nathan Jawai joins Barça Regal for one season

The club has settled a deal for the Australian centre to play for one season

Reply #371142 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:45 am, Thu 9 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754