skip
Years ago

Adelaide 36ers CEO Resigns

The Adelaide 36ers today announced the resignation of Chief Executive Officer, Leeanne Grantham, which will take effect from February 13, 2013.

Grantham, who is in her second season leading the Club said that as a passionate basketball fan, it was a decision that tugged at her heart strings.

"My time with the Club has been challenging and interesting. However, the time for me to leave is right with a couple of opportunities that have been brought to my attention."

Adelaide 36ers owner Daryl Simmons said Leeanne was a tremendous asset to the Club for the past two seasons.

“Leeanne's time and influence at the Club has truly delivered everything we had wished for and more, her decision to move on not only saddens us but leaves a massive void to fill. Leeanne moves on with our best wishes, our respect and thanks”.

Topic #30218 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great news

Reply #392030 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

aka got a better offer, adios

Reply #392032 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Just read the email. Don't blame her.

Any idea what the "offer(s)" are?

Reply #392033 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

I don't know how to say this without sounding like a prick.....

But this is good news for 36er fans.

Reply #392034 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

natwhereyouat...how do you propose this is good for 6ers fans?

Reply #392035 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Sometimes youve just got to say it straight Nat!

Reply #392036 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If only it was the coach, ah well.

Reply #392038 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Just read the email; can't blame her.

Any idea what the "offer(s)" are?

I assume Weigh will be the new CEO?

Reply #392039 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

Anything she says will be well thought out and is probably spin.

Did she jump or was she was pushed - that's the question here!

(But I'd also like to know if this reduces the support for Marty.)

Reply #392040 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

I'm trying to think of a way to say this without disrespecting her on a public forum.. It will be a good opportunity for someone with my experience to take over.

NBL needs Adelaide to be where it was a few years ago, at least. And from my dealings, I don't believe she was ever the right person for the job.

Reply #392041 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who's next! Think 1 ove many 2 go!

Reply #392043 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I wish and hope it'll be the coaches next.

Reply #392044 | Report this post

skud  
Years ago

Might have someone with some courage to do the right things for the club now, wouldn't that be nice.

Reply #392045 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jumping ship before it sinks

Reply #392048 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Time for Ben to return? Could Pottsy be lured back from the Crows?

Is it possible that Leanne and Trigg are swapping chairs?

Reply #392049 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any coincidence the Netball CEO position was recently advertised?

Reply #392050 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Coaches will go next ,Leanne has been under pressure ,so she resigned before being pushed

Reply #392051 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is great news, she was a very hard person to deal with from some very good sources. Got to start somewhere with cleaning house, Marty and Rat, you boys are next on the chopping block. Trust me, good things are about to turn in the 6ers favour, and soon enough some results on the win loss column will follow.

Reply #392057 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

*More* not MY! haha

Reply #392059 | Report this post

Sam Grantham  
Years ago

Hi All,

I hope you're well and have a very Merry Christmas.

Cheers,
Sam

Reply #392060 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Interesting times ahead...............I don't like this. The club must be bleeding. We all need to really behind and get to the games to support them as I would hate not to have a team next year.

Reply #392061 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Coach and marketing manager next

Reply #392063 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I assume Weigh will be the new CEO?

Ha!

Anyway we'll be able to keep this news from camel?

Reply #392064 | Report this post

Close  
Years ago

Sam
Do yourself a favour do not read this shit

Reply #392065 | Report this post

eli1  
Years ago

gonna miss those green khaki pants. always a highlight of my day seeing those along with coffee in hand

Reply #392069 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Clarke : ' Stevie has some astounding ideas to feed the club . Seems it's a moment for an era to live again . '

Reply #392084 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

@natwhereyouat, i thought you were nominating yourself haha

Reply #392089 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I actually feel like this is jumping off a sinking ship.

Reply #392091 | Report this post

Moon  
Years ago

Make Massingale player/CEO

Reply #392099 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Was her decision based on Marty's recommendation?

Reply #392112 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

One basketball to KingJames!

Reply #392114 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Only matter of time, has achieved nothing. There would be different vibe at the Dome today, great Christmas bonus for the staff.
I wonder what trouble she will make before she leaves?

Reply #392119 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Thank god, hopefully everyone resigns in the offices soon to make way for people who can do the job...

Reply #392126 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

i thought it went import, coach then CEO
can someone tell the 6ers they've got it backwards

Reply #392127 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

I have only one question, is the club in serious trouble?

This decision makes me more nervous than optimistic.

Reply #392139 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It certainly sounds like deckchairs on the Titanic at the moment.Import, CEO.
Coaches will be gone once the season has ended at the latest.
Little money. Possibly no venue, what else can go wrong?

Reply #392142 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You will miss it when it's gone,haters!!! Be careful what you wish for.

Reply #392148 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Leeanne : ' Things are broken up out there . The coach , the venue, doing a Damocles over my head . I didn't know whether to duck or to run , so I ran . '

Reply #392154 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Daryl Simmons said "Leeanne was a tremendous asset to the Club for the past two seasons.

"Leeanne's time and influence at the Club has truly delivered everything we had wished for and more,"

Please explain Daryl, what did you wish for? For bottom and 2nd to bottom on the ladder for the last 2 consecutive seasons?

Reply #392162 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The problem starts and finishes at the top of the pyramid. While the owners/ directors may be passionate fans, and good in there chosen professions, none of them have experience running a sporting team. They have made bad decisions right from the start, choosing the wrong coaching team and office support from CEO down. A very sad period in what was a proud club. It's an era that we may never recover from.

Reply #392164 | Report this post

Fred  
Years ago

To Nat where you at?

"I'm trying to think of a way to say this without disrespecting her on a public forum.. It will be a good opportunity for someone with my experience to take over.

NBL needs Adelaide to be where it was a few years ago, at least. And from my dealings, I don't believe she was ever the right person for the job."

Can you please explain what experience you have that would help you when you take over the role?

I thought you were going to apply for Marc Howard's position? Are you going to be able to do them both?

Reply #392172 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Fred - If you looked further down it was actually a freudian slip. I meant to say "more" not "my".

Reply #392185 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All the Admin staff were looking for new jobs, but will stay on now i have heard.whats that tell you??

Reply #392215 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wasn't only admin staff...heard some support staff were fairly miffed at their treatment as well
tactful emails were not her forte..

Reply #392216 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Troubling times. Wonder if we can turn this around.

Reply #392224 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yep heard that to, would walk past people and send an email 10 seconds later.
Micro manage is a word that comes to mind,
Normally goes hand in hand with i have no idea what i am doing hope they dont notice, shit better move on!

Reply #392230 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Just hope it's not too late

Reply #392233 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

From Boti:

Let's see if I remember how quotes work...

Leeanne Grantham quits Adelaide 36ers amid reports of difficult working relationship with coach Marty Clarke

ADELAIDE 36ers chief executive officer Leeanne Grantham has quit the NBL club, her decision taking effect from February 13.

The club released a short statement making the announcement today, then went into lock-down mode.
Grantham, 55, said in the statement her heart-strings had been pulled making the decision, "as a passionate basketball fan".

"My time with the club has been challenging and interesting," the statement said.

"However, the time for me to leave is right with a couple of opportunities that have been brought to my attention."

Grantham and coach Marty Clarke have endured a difficult working relationship since she was appointed at the start of last season.

Having been a former chief executive of the WNBL, head of women's football for the FFA, general manager at Events SA, and chief executive of the World Masters Games, she has strong opinions and has not been afraid to voice them.

But 36ers chairman Daryl Simmons said he was grateful for what Grantham had brought to the club, initially specifically to oversee optimum financing.

"Leeanne’s time and influence at the club has truly delivered everything we had wished for and more," Simmons said, also in the statement.

"Her decision to move on not only saddens us but leaves a massive void to fill.

"Leeanne moves on with our best wishes, our respect and thanks."

Neither Grantham or Simmons were answering or replying to calls today.

She is the second club chief executive to quit in-season, Ian Smythe vacating the chair at Townsville Crocodiles and replaced this week by Pat Reidy.

Reply #392235 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Nope. Block quote fail.

Fixed for ya - Mod

Reply #392236 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boti is a tool!!

Reply #392251 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I can see you making a great lawyer, anon.

Reply #392253 | Report this post

Dale  
Years ago

Well well well. The Sixers are looking good after some tough decisions were made. Grantham is the poisoned chalice. Disaster at every turn for her and seems to only last a year or two wherever she goes. Always a sign of being universally disliked. Melbourne spat her out and Adelaide too. I guess it's Launceston and then down with the seals to Antarctica. May see her on the next series of the Mole?

Reply #448052 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

your personal hate attacks really have no place on this forum..

why the bias?

Reply #448061 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Here Here Dale!!

Reply #448094 | Report this post

Dale  
Years ago

Bias?
Just telling it like it is.
I ask anyone to come on here and honestly say they have worked with her and enjoyed it. Tears, stress and potential discrimination cases have littered her past. It is time the industry took a stand.

Reply #448206 | Report this post

cat  
Years ago

banishment from the planet suffice Dale..?

using this forum to air your personal grievance isn't balanced

Reply #448235 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It's all old news. Let it go.

Reply #448236 | Report this post

Dale  
Years ago

Advice to anyone thinking of working with her....don't!!!

I will leave it alone now. Just feel it is my duty to warn people about poison.

Reply #448299 | Report this post

cat  
Years ago

no different than the bile you're peddling Dale

Reply #448300 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If the walls could talk at the Dome, when employing check the references people!

Reply #448310 | Report this post

Dale  
Years ago

Thanks Cat. Obviously one of her few friends.

Reply #448353 | Report this post

Jay  
Years ago

I hear you Dale. The one thing that struck me was the self promotion. A lot of the player moves and game comments were from the CEO and not the coach? It was all about her. Control freak!

Reply #448355 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

(Dale and Jay same IP.)

Reply #448379 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

LOL.

The sound of an axe grinding is a wonderful thing.

Reply #448381 | Report this post

cat  
Years ago

I hear you Dale or it Jay? The one thing that struck me was the self conversational style. A lot of the blogger's moves and game comments were from Dale and not Jay? It was all about Dale/Jay. .... freak!

Reply #448394 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Haha..never fails to amuse me..the old same IP backing up an argument...

Reply #448399 | Report this post

Jale  
Years ago

Hi,
I have combined my two aliases into one.

Just trying to throw out some bait for someone to take it.

Just happy my 36ers are back in town! The league is better when they are doing well.

What do you think Cat? "Hi, my name is Cat, I am the lone member of the Leeanne Grantham fan club"

Reply #448422 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Socks make such wonderfully affordable puppets, don't they :P

Reply #448423 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jack you've never put yourself out there, stepped outside your little comfort zone professionally, accademically or athletically to expose yourself. Just another armchair critic. Stay in that hole from whence you came.

Reply #448425 | Report this post

cat  
Years ago

Jay-Dale have never actually met the woman

just hate trolls spilling bile on a basketball blog

most that get caught out like you go crawling back into their hole

or perhaps you could man up and come clean why you have an axe to grind?

or should I call you anon 425 ?

Reply #448442 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It does not change the fact she is useless!

Reply #448444 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow credible evidence hooray finally a reason to hate leanne, sure rumours are abound but meh, talk facts or STFU

Reply #448446 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

LOL Nathan..funny shit.

Reply #448468 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Anon 425, I assume you are this Dale / Jay character? (Isaac, perhaps a quick IP check) What's with the personal attack on me? What have I done to you?

"Jack you've never put yourself out there, stepped outside your little comfort zone professionally, accademically or athletically to expose yourself. Just another armchair critic. Stay in that hole from whence you came."

Mmmm, have we actually met? If you think you know that much about me, are you my stalker? I have had severals jocks stolen from my clothesline recently, was that you? Do I need to upgrade my security?

Dale/Jay/425? For you to have so much anger against Leanne after such a long period after she has ridden off into the sunset suggests that you and her came to major blows, or she hurt someone very close to you. Did she get the job over you? Axe grinding gets you nowhere. If you have that much pent up hate, you would be well advised to seek professional help.

Reply #448474 | Report this post

cat  
Years ago

he must know about that retrenchment in 2001 Jack, the B you got for Physics in Year 11 and that time you got dropped to Div 2's when you couldn't remember those offensive sets...
doesn't sound like stalking to me..???

Reply #448477 | Report this post

Dale  
Years ago

Sorry Jack, that was not me. I have come clean on my aliases. I actually found your axe to grind comment quite amusing. I have no history here hence my rookie mistake with the two aliases (or 3 if you count Jale).

....and I don't spell accademically like that!!

Reply #448500 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

No worries. I didn't think 425 was likely to be you.

There is an "Angry Jerk" who has abused me in the past, posted on the forum pretending to be me and even rung me up and verbally harassed me!

Reply #448501 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:12 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754