NW Tassie 12 – 16

Topic #31055 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

west???...south!

Reply #408101 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

There seems to be some inordinate optimism here, especially seeing last year Canberra won a single game. They really have pumped up their expectations of the bottom half of the ladder....

Reply #408109 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

rather than just a predicted win/loss for each side, might have been better is they did a graph or cross-check box to see where they actually thought each team would pick up their wins/losses.
That might have given a more accurate result than just the "we think this team will improve and get 8/9/10" wins

Reply #408117 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I predict that their predictions are going to be way off.

No way will Albury finish on top of the South Pool & I don't think Canberra will be at the bottom of East pool either with a roster of Dowdell, Gynes, Joyce a quality import (Kings import Corin Henry's college buddy but he started while Corin was a benchie) plus some decent locals.

My bold prediction is that Bendigo Braves will finally take out a title this year with probably the best import pairing in several years plus a much improved Garlepp dominating inside (Tom that is, not the younger brother).

Reply #408179 | Report this post

Frank The Tank  
Years ago

My prediction is that the Mt Gambier Poineers will finish Top 2 in the South in 2013

Reply #408260 | Report this post

Frank The Tank  
Years ago

My prediction is that the Mt Gambier Pioneers
will finish Top 2 in the South in 2013

Reply #408261 | Report this post

SMA  
Years ago

Thunder and Hobart to 1-2 in South.

Reply #408267 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree Mt Gambier looks to be the big improver in the South conference. Top 2 is a big call but no bigger than putting Albury at #1. That's no going to happen.

Reply #408289 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thunder are the Team, they are loaded, 2 Imports, 3 fringe or Ex NBL players.

Reply #408294 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Big Improvers: Mt Gambier, Canberra (Both these teams will be harder to beat at home so i expect improvement in there W/L records)

Biggest Declines: Nunawading (Injuries to Conn/Cameron & no bench depth) , Knox (Injuries to Strong/no bench depth)

If both Knox & Nunawading keep there full squad on the court they will make finals but after last year I think both will struggle to keep there key bigs on the court for the full season which will mean both will miss playoff as they lack front court bench depth to cover the injuries.

Bendigo look to be Title faves however i like the balacned look of Geelong.

Reply #408295 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bendigo should win it all.

Reply #408298 | Report this post

VP  
Years ago

Any thoughts on the Miners chances this year? I thought they have pretty much lost their whole team from 2012.

Who is left from 2012 & who has been added?

Reply #408305 | Report this post

Green98  
Years ago

Miners have Shaun Bruce, Lucas Walker, and another American import to be added to there young squad,may be more competitive in the 2nd half of the season.

Reply #408312 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Supercats should take the title this year. Imports are studs and Ash gives them a great interior defender and rebounder. Herbert will be back to full strength and with a year off will be itching to show he I still NBL material.

Reply #408392 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ballarat wont be as bad as eveyone predicts. Who knows what side the Spartans are assembling?

Reply #408430 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't Albury win it last year? So why is it such a big joke to have them on top when there team has added players. Yes it will be hard for them just like any other team but I don't see why they can't do it... Geelong has best roster in the seabl

Reply #408574 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Albury won it last year, but they lost on of their imports, Jazzmarr Ferguson, to Bendigo. Jazzmarr was an All-Star last year and a massive loss for Albury - going to be interesting to see what their new import is like.
And as much as they have added players - they still lack the depth of other top teams

Reply #408583 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Albury wont be taken as easily as they were last season. The Bandits have been the perennial easybeats for ever. I reckon that with their new squad last year most coaches completely underestimated how good they could be. Clearly wrong and it certainly wont happen this season. Bendigo should be #1.

Reply #408602 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, not even Albury believed they could win the conference title last year, let alone take out the whole thing. They only just made the playoffs based on a countback. Good luck to them trying to defend it but I dubt teams will make the mistake of underestimiating them. They depend too much on their imports, have very ordinary offensive sets & too often go missing on defence. From what I read of him, their new import is good but he's got some big shoes to fill. Unless they can get more out of the rest of their roster like Opacic, Hollis, Duck & deKoeyer I could see them finishing out of the playoffs this season.

Reply #408619 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Their new import is supposed to be stronger and quicker than Jazz.

Reply #408662 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the weekend's results clearly show Jazz is the better player although Vann appears capable enough.

Some of those SEABL predictions are looking a bit suspect just as many posting here thought.

I'll say again that no way will Albury finish first in their pool.

Reply #409753 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Albury wont be #1 this season. The results so far are close but with most of the usual suspects winning.

Reply #409771 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can easily see Albury going 0-5 to start the season.

Reply #410022 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:28 am, Thu 9 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754