Isaac
Years ago

Taipans vs 36ers, Mar 15

36ers are $2.60 in this road game. Cairns are 10-15 and need to continue on from their win last round to challenge for a finals berth. Snakes have won three of their last four but are under .500 at home.

Adelaide almost snatched a win last time after a very poor start. Could they do it this time?

Topic #31145 | Report this topic

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Overwhelming interest in this game! People seem more interested in threads about next year - can't imagine why.

I think Cairns has a lot more to play for - losing all but rules them out of finals, winning puts them in a good position to make it. The Orange Army will be out in force.

For Adelaide, winning this keeps alive their only chance of not finishing bottom - faint though that is. Most of the last 10 years, it seems like Adelaide has gone up to Cairns at the end of the season, usually with something a lot more important to play for than avoiding the wooden spoon. In those games we've had high hopes and usually been vastly disappointed. I don't see this ending differently.

Reply #409593 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yep another narrow loss.

Reply #409604 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Just posting here for the hell of it. Forgot we had a game, seems others may have been the same. Down 4 at the half.

Reply #409607 | Report this post

Carcus Mamby  
Years ago

quiet night on hoops tonight.
Sixers staying in the game (until 4th quarter)

Reply #409608 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Definitely in this. Cairns don't seem overly confident.

Reply #409609 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SC has had his best game thus far.

Reply #409611 | Report this post

Carcus Mamby  
Years ago

The microwave is having a good night for a change

Reply #409612 | Report this post

Carcus Mamby  
Years ago

another game we fail to close.

Reply #409613 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cairns win by 3.... Again

Reply #409614 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Entertaining finish at least. Nice that Christopherson had a decent game finally. Like CJ against Perth...

Reply #409615 | Report this post

skud  
Years ago

I couldn't see much, NBL.TV just gets worse and worse each game.
Good to see Christopherson hitting his straps, kinda interesting 2 imports this year have struggled to settled and then scored well after their first score. Last week I said after his first 3 he shouldn't have been on the bench the rest of the game. Suck if he got confidence and hit his shots at this part of the season though.

Reply #409617 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

Well, the spoon is ours.

Reply #409619 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

skud - NBL.TV doesnt get worse and worse each game, your internet connection does.
The quality was fine for me in WA.

Reply #409622 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

As much as he's been a dud I'm glad to see Scott Christopherson go for 16 points and 4 rebounds tonight.

Too little too late though.

Reply #409624 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sad that 4/10 excites you Isaac. The guy should be on The Block with the bricks he through up!

Reply #409625 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

"The microwave"? I assume there's a joke in there about lasting 2 minutes?

Reply #409626 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

He did about as much tonight as the sum total of all other games he has played.

Reply #409628 | Report this post

skud  
Years ago

"NBL.TV doesnt get worse and worse each game, your internet connection does."

Hah not when the speed test gives me 15mbps. I know my home speed and setup, at the start of the season I had no issues, now its shite.

Reply #409629 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Not so excited about Christopherson's game, but see something positive in a human struggling at a job in a foreign country had some success at least.

Reply #409630 | Report this post

Bg04  
Years ago

NBL.Tv was horrible for me tonight also which has nothing to do with my internet speed as league pass worked fine. Also its amazing what happens when you actually play an import for more than 2-3 minutes at a time. Just like how often you use a microwave by the way. SC's numbers tonight weren't huge but compared to what some of our high rated aussie talent are putting up at the moment he looked much more impressive which is disturbing. Can someone please call joey Wright and tell him to bring some concrete, a box of tissues and a 'NO KIDS ALLOWED ON FACEBOOK CLAUSE'

Reply #409631 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

Ten bucks says it happens every time a game is streamed from Cairns. The internet up here is *appalling*. If NBL.tv are using public internet infrastructure you're doomed.

Jamar Wilson was awful tonight (injured?). Alex Loughton had his third straight game where he choked from the free-throw line and failed to hit important field goals in the last five minutes of a game. If they play like that against Perth they'll get torn to shreds.

Heard rumours this week around town about a fight in training? None of the team looked particularly happy, that's for sure.

Reply #409632 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL TV fine for me, but then, I havent had a problem with a live game all season. Nice to see Christopherson play well but it was the same old thing for the team, close enough but not good enough.

Reply #409633 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

The NBN would be awesome for NBL.TV

Reply #409635 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I assume we can't avoid last place now? Only one game left whereas Crocs have three and presumably a head to head edge on us, if that comes into play rather than points percentage.

Reply #409641 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

Bg04 = correct about everything. Especially the last sentence.

Reply #409644 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd like to know how many games the team has lost by 7 or less during Marty's three year tenure.

Curious.

Reply #409648 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Isaac - yes - the 36ers are certain to finish last now :(

Reply #409650 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anon, I wonder if that's true of most losing teams though?

I think we have fewer blowouts than we used to at least.

Reply #409652 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Oh my goodness , forgot about this game , just noticed it on here now.
Don't think there's any main stream media here about 36ers games these days.

Reply #409653 | Report this post

eli1  
Years ago

and it was only a few weeks ago where we went to NZ and said 'we expect to win' after 2 wins away. then we lost that by 20, along with a string of other games and then, its all gone extremely quiet on the coaching front. damn shame that is.

dont like seeing people fail however when you talk up 3 years and say, "its turning around blah blah blah" and then u cant even with games at home or away against the second bottom side, yeah....... whatever clarke, whatever

Reply #409656 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

After that performance should we keep SC?

Reply #409657 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's a fair call. The league is tight. I think there are a heap of close losses across the board, but I still think Adelaide seem to get a large amount of them.

That's not excusing the past three seasons, either, just a minor curiosity.

Reply #409658 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

FWIW also, NZ definitely will finish 1st and Perth 2nd

Wollongong mathematically are a 48% of finishing 3rd and a 27% chance of 4th

Cairns are 25% of finishing 3rd and 33% chance of 4th

Melbourne are a 22% of finishing 3rd and a 14% chance of 4th

Sydney are 5% chance of finishing 3rd and a 23% chance of 4th

Townsville have no chance of 3rd and a 3% chance of 4th

Reply #409663 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Anon and Isaac - this year we've lost 2 games by 20 or more, 5 games by 10-20, 2 by 7-10, 6 by 4-6 points, 2 by 3 points, 1 by 2 points and 1 by 1 point

Haven't looked at past years.

Reply #409664 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

A loss is still a loss! weather it be 1pt or 20pt!

Hopefully we look back on the Clarke era in a few years and say lets not let that happen again move forward and rather than bring back the past glory days build a new era!

I think we do to much looking back at the Glory days and not enough how do we turn it around and be like Perth & knock them off as the best club in Australia!

Reply #409666 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Sixers lose by an average of 9.5 points per game.

It is hard to gauge the teams seasons solely based on the end margin due to two reasons

1 - Some games we have been up heaps and the other team has came back to just beat us.

2 - Some games we have been down heaps and the other team has taken their foot of the pedal and so we got the result closer when the chances of winning were slim to none.

Reply #409669 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

I look at a team that was 5-3 and looking okay after the first 8 games and has gone 3-16 since. The scale of that implosion speaks volumes more than the closeness or otherwise of the losses involved. It speaks to a fundamental issue or set of issues - not peripheral ones.

KingJames - last year it was losing by 12.2 per game and in 2011 it was 11 per game. I put the improvement down to higher offensive production simply because of the higher talent level in this year's team. Nonetheless, our W-L result will be, at best, one win better than last year (thereby matching the 2011 result) if we beat Wollongong next week. Personally, I don't see that happening.

The bottom line for this year's team remains the same - under achieved.

Reply #409673 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Peter J - very good post. In a season where outside of Perth and NZ there appears great parity (36ers debatably most talented) we go 3 and 16. That is truly
a very sad reflection on team and coaching staff.
The only measurable culture change is consistent losing.

Reply #409765 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

CJ goes for 22 and 29 in first 2 seabl games. Yes can't create his own shot.

Now we get excited Christopherson over 16

Marty is nothing more than an amateur joke

Reply #409767 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:16 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754