Freddy
Years ago

NBA Finals Game 7 - Spurs @ Heat

About 8 to go in the fourth, and the heat leading by a couple.

Looks like it will be a tight finish.

Miami seem to have the momentum but you get the feeling the Spurs starters are having the better of the Heat.

Too close to call.

Topic #31966 | Report this topic

Bear  
Years ago

Who's watching it, looks like a 2 point game last minute....???

Reply #424214 | Report this post

Freddy  
Years ago

Heat by 2 with 39sec to play

Reply #424216 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Clutch jumper by LeBron...Heat by 4 with 27sec on the clock, Spurs in possession.

Reply #424218 | Report this post

Freddy  
Years ago

Wow parker being replaced by Neal

Reply #424219 | Report this post

Freddy  
Years ago

Shoulda subbed Ginobli instead

Reply #424220 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

Turnover - not quite the play required. Fouling time.

Reply #424221 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

James with the steal off another Ginobili turnover...

Game Over.

Reply #424222 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Heat will be Champions from here.

Reply #424224 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Always going to be tough in Miami.....

Reply #424225 | Report this post

Freddy  
Years ago

Lebron coming up big too.

Reply #424226 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Heat win. James the closer....

Reply #424227 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Kobe in game 7 2010: goes 6-24 and carried to a ring by Gasol and Artest
Lebron in game 7: goes 12-23, scores 37 points, gets 12 boards and steers the heat to a clutch win over the spurs

Reply #424228 | Report this post

Freddy  
Years ago

"Lebron in game 7: goes 12-23, scores 37 points, gets 12 boards and steers the heat to a clutch win over the spurs"

Really Ingles... a 'Clutch Win'... Its Game 7 of the finals - you really had to emphasis clutch?

Reply #424229 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

How many assists, block, steals and boards did Kobe get in that game?

Reply #424230 | Report this post

skud  
Years ago

Worst win in history

Reply #424231 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Great win by the Heat. Just too good in the end.
Battier shot the lights out, and Green missed. It's a miss or make shot league. Heat better job at executing down the stretch

But my heart goes out to the Spurs and everything they have done this season and in the past. To get this far is an amazing achievement. The culture of the Spurs team, in terms of professionalism, is the standard everyone should strive for. Sad way for Duncan to go out, if it is his last year.

I am looking forward to a more competitive playoffs next season. Players back to full health, and teams at full potential.

Reply #424233 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Unfortunately, the Spurs were old in that game. They haven't looked old all playoffs, but tonight was too much for them. Very sad.

Reply #424234 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ingles no idea. How open were Lebron's shots? Wide open on three point line. Then on onballs they were going deep under and not even showing on foul line jumpers.

Kobe is never left that open!

Reply #424235 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spurs lost that series and the championship. Should never have been game 7

Reply #424236 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Sad way for Duncan to go out, if it is his last year.

Is there talk of this happening? Would have to be the first time in history an all NBA first teamer retired before the next season (apart from Jordan's baseball stint).

Reply #424239 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Haven't heard anything.
Judging by the last two games, father time seems ages away.

Suppose that's the advantage of having a fundamentally sound game. Can still be productive without the athleticism. Dwight Howard on the other hand..

Reply #424241 | Report this post

Lance_Uppercut  
Years ago

Lebron and Wade seriously overrated they hit wide open shots, as soon as they were contested even slightly it was brick city.

No bigger bunch of douchebags in the league than that Heat team.

should never gone to Game 7. Ginbobli turnovers and Parkers ineffective cost them.

Reply #424242 | Report this post

D@B  
Years ago

Duncan cant retire, not being able to score on Battier cannot be the enduring memory he leaves.

Reply #424244 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Lebron and Wade seriously overrated they hit wide open shots, as soon as they were contested even slightly it was brick city.

Is your understanding of the game really that primitive? Surely you have to understand that Lebron's game is so explosive that the Spurs basically picked their poison and gave him open shots because the alternative would have been catastrophic. He was good enough to make those shots today, tough call saying a man who just went for 37 and 12 in game 7 of the finals is over rated.

Reply #424253 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Things I learnt from this series:

- Kawhi Leonard is going to be an absolute STAR.

- Parker is the most underrated PG in the league.

- Lebron is on track to be the greatest player that ever lived.

- Bosh's value to this team is ridicolously overrated. This team would be much more scary with an imposing center like a Tyson Chandler

- The Spurs represent the perfect culture of a team in terms of professionalism

- Duncan can still play another year. Manu needs a big break from all Basketball (literally 2 months)

- Erik Spoelstra is improving as a coach. Still long way to go, but seems to have learnt from 2011.

Reply #424254 | Report this post

Lance_Uppercut  
Years ago

BIllo chill, my comments were directed at Lebron James and Wade not you personally.

Reply #424259 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

And I was just pointing out that your comments weren't very well thought out.

Reply #424260 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Don't disagree MACDUB, also would add that it is bloody hard to win a 7 game series away from home!

Reply #424261 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Duncan has two years left on contract so I would say he will play on. Not going to find many all NBA first team players at 37!

Reply #424267 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Well summariesd McDub.

How good would Bogut go in the middle at the Heat!

Do you think Bosh will be there next season - rumors are around he will be traded but I cannot see it happening.

I agree with Billo Lance - pretty poor form calling LeBron and Wade overrated.

Reply #424268 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What has Kobe got to do with this thread??

Reply #424270 | Report this post

Jimbob  
Years ago

James is really amazing and is on his way to be being the GOAT but Jordan stats in the nba finals are still a lil better. Spurs should of won game 6 but let it slip, they must be shattered.
Leonard is a gun tho spurs got the better of that trade with the pacers.

Reply #424300 | Report this post

celtic green  
Years ago

Can we please stop this talk of Lebron being the greatest of all time? He has so far to go to be better than Jordan that the chances of it happening are really quite minute (he would pretty much need to win another 2 or 3 titles in a row and be as dominating as he has been and not have any injuries for this to happen).
He is a fantastic player; I do not doubt that. But let's cut all the premature talk of GOAT and best ever out for a few years yet and see how it plays out

Reply #424302 | Report this post

LanceUppercut  
Years ago

wow LB James supporters are sensitive! how many contested shots does he make?? how often was he doubled in this game?? This miami team is stacked, San Antonio gave Lebron and wade a huge buffer of defence, inviting them to shoot, up until this game that strategy worked as they were missing wide open shots, after 6 games they hit those same wide open shots. Lebron is a very good player with an VG all-round game but he misses shots when he's contested. Diaw, did a great job by actually playing defence and it worked.

But you're right he's the greatest player to ever play basketball ever, I don't know why anybody else should ever bother, is that enough??

Reply #424306 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Pacers traded Kawhi for average George Hill.... Was a good move at the time and I don't think Kawhi would develop this well on the pacers but that trade value could come in handy right now

Reply #424308 | Report this post

Uncle Drew  
Years ago

Kawhi Leonard reminds me of a young Kobe Bryant in terms of skill, execution and smarts. Looks like he is learning off of Tim Duncan how to express your emotions on court though ha ha. He is going to be a huge star in the future, the Spurs will be his team when Duncan retires (unless he leaves)

Stoked for the Heat to get back 2 back. This series was awesome to watch, LeBron is a freak. How's the game Bosh had?? Both James and Wade blocked at him aswell for a silly offensive foul and a poorly timed screen. As a few of the posters above said imagine if this Heat team had Chandler or Bogut protecting the basket instead of Bosh shooting 18 foot jumpers all game. Will he get moved? Will the Heat 3 peat? How many years does D Wade have in him? LeBrons still got 10 years in him how many rings with the Heat? Will he leave?? Cleveland? LA?? For Ingles sake I hope he doesn't team up with James Harden, I think the planet would explode if those two wore the same jersey ha ha

Reply #424337 | Report this post

JOaRiDrAN  
Years ago

Ingles13 ; Kobe in game 7 2010: goes 6-24 and carried to a ring by Gasol and Artest
Lebron in game 7: goes 12-23, scores 37 points, gets 12 boards and steers the heat to a clutch win over the spurs

Game 7 stats
Pau Gasol 19pts 18 Rebs
World Peace 20pts 5 steals
Kobe Bryant 23pts 15 Rebs

2012 NBA FINALS James Harden stats
Game 1 - 5 points 0 rebounds
Game 2 - 21 points 4 rebounds
Game 3 - 9 points 6 rebounds
Game 4 - 8 points 10 rebounds
Game 5 - 19 points 4 rebounds

Go to bed Ingles

Reply #424339 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:46 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754