Topic #32149 | Report this topic

skud  
Years ago

His own highlight reel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbx7JA8K7PM

Reply #427447 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

Looks very solid. Not sure how they could afford him...

Reply #427448 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

Canadas up 42-33 right now. Promising for us.

Reply #427450 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Damn, if they get this guy... It will be all over before the season even begins.

Reply #427451 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Looks ok. Playing in Iceland which is similar standard to SEABL.

Reply #427453 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

Macedonia isnt it?

Reply #427455 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Correct, Macedonia would be around the NBL mark depending on the team.

Reply #427457 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

I am watching a full game here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI6fRtVjZAA And frye looks pretty decent. And the level of the competition I think would be maybe just below NBL, and just above NZNBL. There are some fairly OK looking players in the game.

Reply #427459 | Report this post

observer  
Years ago

if this guy can play inside outside and can get 10-12 points a game then i be happy,i have gut feeling we will get a HUGE crowd come our 1st game ,new coach new imports be awesome.Lets hope Joey can use china to work with his players,hope Sixers can have a few home trail games so we can see team play and the imports perform.

Reply #427461 | Report this post

elementary watson  
Years ago

polaxed at 2.15

Reply #427466 | Report this post

skud  
Years ago

I dont an import that only scores 10-12 points a game...why would you accept mediocracy for one of the highest points rated players in the team lol.

Reply #427473 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

Its about money and team chemistry. The team doesnt really need another flat out scorer or superstar. 12-15 points a game from an import who may only get 50 G's a year is a fair ask.

Reply #427474 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Adriatic League is very similar to NBL, and Macedonian league is def below that standard except for their top team Skopje.

What league someone is playing in doesnt always tell you what level theyre capable of playing at though.

Reply #427475 | Report this post

elementary watson  
Years ago

looks alright to me

Reply #427477 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

what level was all that at?

Reply #427479 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

That looks like a high school gym, and how many lines do they want on the court?

Reply #427480 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

I thought NBL courts looked a bit shoddy, NZNBL courts and macedonia ones are woeful

Reply #427481 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WOW, that court has more lines than a Ben Cousins hotel room.

Reply #427491 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks to be ok,

when Joey got the coaching job he said he wanted a star import pg like Ervin and a ball handling sf, Frye definatly fits the mould of a ball handling sf, seems to carry the ball a fair bit and score mostly inside from penetration, i guess plays a bit like Hodge.

Will be interesting to see how he goes, not exactly sure how that league matches to the NBL, atleast we got the style of player Joey wanted.

Reply #427494 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

12-15 points per game is in "leading scorer" category in the NBL. Nothing to sniff at...

Reply #427503 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Highlight tapes can be very misleading. I have watched him play a game and he is a very lazy defender, very turnover prone, can't shoot FT's and isn't that good from range.

I think the Sixers can do better!

Reply #427513 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Good point about the foul shooting.

He shot 62% in four years at college and 62% in Iceland. We will probably need him on the court near the end of games so those stats aren't very comforting.

Reply #427522 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:50 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754