Luke
Years ago

J Chill the nicest guy in the NBL?

Anyone see the video on the King's Facebook page?

Thought it was awesome of him to give the kid's that!

Topic #36302 | Report this topic

cats 4 life  
Years ago

Wagstaff thinks that to

Reply #511090 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Brock Motum is the nicest guy in the league.
He's always chatting and saying nice things to opposition players as they run up & down the court.

Reply #511099 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

I heard Redhage is the nicest guy ever, rumour is hes always bending over backwards to help people :P

Reply #511102 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Undoubtedly.
http://www.theage.com.au/sport/basketball/charitable-sydney-kings-star-josh-childress-treats-young-fans-to-a-day-of-fun-20150121-12usne.html

Reply #511104 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

elbow of friendship

Reply #511107 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

^ Gave me a good chuckle

Reply #511112 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

On a side note, don't know how Motum doesn't get T'ed up when he pats opponents on the back when they turn it over, commit a foul, etc.

Reply #511114 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As much as I think Motum is a knob, I don't think anyone he has done is tech-worthy.

Reply #511117 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

So if someone gets an offensive foul against Motum, he claps in their face and slaps them on the back while letting him have it, that shouldn't be a tech or unsportsmanlike? compared to an Adult swearing, which is a tech? or a hard layup contest which is Unsportsmanlike? I'm a fan of Motum, just surprised he doesn't get called for it.

Reply #511125 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What Motum is doing isn't unsportsmanlike. actually very clever yet you hate on it?

Reply #511137 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

I'm not hating on it at all, as I said I'm a fan of his, have been since he played for the Boomers a few years ago and that is part of the reason why. What I am saying is I am surprised he hasn't been called for a tech for slapping opponents on the back after they fuck up, but if you stare at someone after a dunk you get called....

Reply #511149 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Maybe Motum should get his own thread.
He definitely warrants one for his gamesmanship. It's right up there.
(and good on him I say, as long as he doesn't cross the line)

Reply #511151 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No Dave, its a very passive form of aggression, and will never be t'd for such a a thing. If and when he does, ill start watching Netball.

Reply #511177 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Back on topic, Childress is a really good character guy. Has that much money, no way is this a publicity stunt. From the heart. The world and the league needs more people like this. Don't worry about a game, some of these kids, that will be the only time they will be given a new pair of Nike's. Think about that, my ain concern is there isn't enough pairs of Jordans released to get the new colour I'm after, and some of these kids just had a pair of shoes bought for them, and may be the only time. Childress is class.

Reply #511178 | Report this post

Player  
Years ago

Nicest guy in the league is the Adelaide 36ers cheque book!

Reply #511182 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

lol @player

Reply #511319 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Dave - you're asking for consistency in basketball rules and rulings. You remind me of Martin Luther King. He had a dream too.

For me, the reason why the dream will never be realised is encapsulated in the following blog post last year:

"NOBODY admires a flopper. Whether it is a Damon Lowery or a Lebron James, that decision to flop, exaggerate contact and con a foul call is rightly regarded as the very essence of cheating but also is just not very manly."

Most basketball followers would agree with that view wholeheartedly. However, almost none would accept that deciding to foul a player going for the layup "to make him earn it from the line", or tactical fouling at the end of a close game is just as pathetic as deliberately flopping. If enough felt that way, the rules would have been changed, long ago, to make it preferable not to foul. Instead, we get coaches telling players to go out and foul straight away and commentators congratulating the fouling players for good decision making.

So Dave, don't bother raising the inconsistencies in basketball rules and rulings. People don't want to hear. Just accept whatever the ref calls and enjoy the contest. Works for me...most of the time.

Reply #511320 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Childress seems like a great bloke

Reply #511336 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

I hope Childress sticks around the NBL for a while. He is doings some great PR for basketball in Australia, not only on the court but off the court also. There's been a few articles I've seen in the news about his generosity and charity. Putting the Wagstaff incident aside, what a great bloke and a great asset for the NBL.

Reply #511338 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

I think it'd be good if the crap about a player being a douchebag could be tidied up into it's own thread instead of spoiling something about possibly the nicest guy in the league...

The video is just an example of a lot of the stuff that he does off the court that he doesn't seek any publicity for... A really genuine guy to talk to and just really very refreshing to see from an American, especially considering the last one we had on the team... ugh...

Reply #511441 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

J Chill = nicest guy in the league for sure considering the level he has come from, goes to show how much of a prick Wagstaff is and how dirty the Cats are

Motum = probably will start getting called for techs soon since NBL refs are horribad

"Nicest guy in the league is the Adelaide 36ers cheque book!" - Schenscher nods in agreement

Reply #511466 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Ben Madgen is also a great guy in the NBL.

Reply #511504 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Childress was the nicest guy in the NBL until now and injured.

Reply #511538 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

#1538 , why wat happened ?

Reply #511541 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Great to see the way he has stayed around supporting the team, even though injured.

Apart from his little "brain fart" against Perth (and I think we can forgive a single indiscretion for which he was heavily penalised) he has been a real asset for the Kings and the NBL.
Easily would have been MVP if not for injury.

Hope he sticks around for a long time. Personally I prefer to see imports who stick around for a while, rather than just one-season guns like Ennis.

Reply #513949 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

He even travelled to Adelaide (should get a medal for that anyways ;) ) to support his teammates, they didn't expect him to come down, but he made the trip... He's still vocal in timeouts and on the bench, a really classy guy all round... I still think such a stark contrast to the last one we had... *shudders*

Reply #514004 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:27 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754