Singlet
Years ago

Boti's Predictions

Boti, who was at the Blitz has some interesting predictions I just read on twitter.
Melb 1st, makes sense
Perth 2nd, doubt it very much
NZ 3rd, all depends on Cedric and if Webster comes back
Illawarra 4th, I think higher
Cairns 5th, swap them and NZ
Adel 6th, sounds about right but he also tips Joey as coach of the year, not if they finish 6th he wont be
Sydney 7th, they will be much better
Townsville 8th, sorry Townsville
Brisbane the big winner when they pick up some guns for next season

Topic #38084 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

I reckon Thornton might cause trouble in Sydney and that could throw them off. They're also a bit reliant on Markovic who may not recover from issues in Townsville.

If you want Sydney higher, but think Adelaide are about right at 6, who's going to be 7th? Perth aren't going to fall that far. Cairns have made too few changes to wreck their mix. Illawarra have made changes but fewer troublemakers. Adelaide have consistency with their local mix and the imports seem like team players.

Reply #552120 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

So what's the issue with Sydney?

On paper, they have a better team than nearly anyone.

Reply #552121 | Report this post

Jerry Denard Jr  
Years ago

This may sound bizarre, but apart from Townsville and every other team could make the finals. The big question mark will be Sydney.

3rd through to 7th could all be separated by 1 to 2 games + head to heads.

Looking like a crazy close season.

Or am I delirious?

Reply #552122 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I agree that Sydney has the question mark. Chemistry with imports can trouble teams that look good on paper. Guys like Childress, Lisch, Redhage, Beal, Jackson, etc don't seem to push beyond the team structure. There were a couple of mentions post-Blitz of Thornton forcing things. Couple that with a few locals that have a bit of a gulf between their best and worst, and I think that earns them the uncertainty.

Reply #552126 | Report this post

Player  
Years ago

This is the same guy that predicted Cairns would finish last last season. Would completely disregard his predictions!

Reply #552135 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

LV "On paper, they have a better team than nearly anyone."

I don't think so.

Khazzouh is not the same guy that left.
Cadee, Brandt need big minutes and a lot of the ball to be effective.
Thornton seems happy to settle for 3's instead of getting the team into the game.
Who knows how Markovic will go.
Carter's usefulness looks gone.
Garlepp tries hard but just isn't as skilled as other forwards.
Hill looks serviceable however his minutes will be limited due to Garlepp.
Prewster first year player basically
Childress is obviously a gun but he needs more

Reply #552138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No matter how you look at it, one or two teams that are insanely capable of causing damage in the playoffs, will miss out and it'll come down to 1 or 2 games that are separated by inches! The league is that tight, Perth for example could easily fall to 7th and it'd be on nothing more than points spread. This stuff is hard to analyse... good luck being a sportsbet employee working out odds.

Reply #552147 | Report this post

Andy  
Years ago

My Prediction:
Cairns
NZ
Illawarra
Melbourne
Perth
Sydney
Adelaide
Townsville

It should be a really close season though.

Reply #552150 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

FWIW, 2 seasons ago when Adelaide finished 2nd Boti predicted them to finish 5th or 6th so I wouldn't read a lot into his predictions.

Joey has only missed the Finals once and he was plagued with injuries that season. I think Adelaide scrape into the Finals in 4th (barring injuries).

Reply #552155 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I disagree too many team assembled to win now. Ebe will be injured al season thatll sit nicely as joeys excuse and then he will sail off to the bullets. Sick of hearing this joey has missed the playoff talk every year! What does he do when he gets there... like when axel dench wss semi retired and still being refered too as the former rookie of the year.

Reply #552157 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

I actually think its going to be much tighter this year. A lot of the teams I didnt consider as good have gone on a big recruitment drive. I still dont consider Sydney without Childress and if he gets injured they will simply be making up the numbers.

Reply #552184 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:21 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754