40th Street Black
Years ago

The ABA Dunk of the year goes to.....

any worthy nominations????

Topic #3840 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Import from NW Tas dunked on 6'9" Seb Loader from Geelong at the Arena, when I say on I mean on him, BOOOOOOOOM!!

Reply #44681 | Report this post

gertrude  
Years ago

clausen on bowley at the cage.....was as big a dunk as i have seen in abl for quite a while.

Reply #44693 | Report this post

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

Oscar caught a nice lob against South at pasadena.

Reply #44696 | Report this post

D. Brent  
Years ago

dont know about dunk of the year but block of the year had to be twinkles on finchy at port adelaide. best block i've seen for someone who doesn't get off the ground. happy birthday too twinkles.

Reply #44697 | Report this post

Little Trevor  
Years ago

Brad Bungey had a nice Alley Oop (from BD?) in the semi against Sturt.

Reply #44714 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Capped off a good night for Bungey. I think there was also a dunk on the break from Gower earlier in the game?

Next season we should try to catalogue every dunk made during the season and rank the players. Need to provide some incentive for more aerial action.

Reply #44716 | Report this post

Little Trevor  
Years ago

yeah, gower had a dunk on a break, sweet right hander.

(perhaps Isaac, you could open a new section up the top "Olympics" "Off Topic" "For sale" "New Topics" then we could have half a dozen threads in there of Dunks, Plays, Shots, Fights j/k something of that effect.)

Reply #44720 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

man have 2 give newley a bit ove props on that putback at starplex, i couldnt belive that dunk his head was above the ring EASY, man im a centrals supporter and that shut me right up

Reply #44734 | Report this post

jbug  
Years ago

Chris clausen throwing it down on woodville in the summer season biggest dunk ever! But in ABL Clausen posterizin ben trebilcock down mt barker way!! give him the trophy

Reply #44747 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

he hardly posterized trebilcock.

it was a nice dunk, but he went through traffic, not over.

Reply #44748 | Report this post

jbug  
Years ago

nah it was i have the poster

Reply #44749 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

Oscar's ally threw traffic that he brought up from the hip off a s**t pass against woodville at the dome. that was wrong!!

Reply #44753 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

Well the Candidates appear to be

Brad Newley
Oscar Forman
Chris Clausen
Brad Bungey
Todd Gower

Maybe we could work on some kind of tally to find The Hoops SA Dunker of the Year ...

My Vote Would have to go to Clausen ...

Reply #44761 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As Take Luck said, Forman's alley oop v Woodville was ridiculous, he would of jumped from outside the block and caught it waist height.

Reply #44776 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If someone with video footage of any ABA highlights can convert them to MPG/AVI/etc, I will put them online somewhere.

Reply #44777 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

I saw 2 pretty good ones at the beginning of the season ...

Newley got 1 big one in Traffic at Wayville against the Flames ... caught it in full stride outside the key .. step .. BANG one hander from about 6 ft out ..

Against Woodville Foster from Norwood got a nice two hander on the break ... Puddifoot got the hell out of the way ..

Those 2 are the best i saw .. the Clausen dunk looks good in the photo .. Always nice to see Dave playing good D ..lol ;)

Reply #44791 | Report this post

Its Me  
Years ago

Oscar also had a huge alley oop first game against West, full pace, in traffic, perfect pass from Darren

Reply #44793 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

STeve Pilkingtons dunk against centrals at marion was a monster in terms of difficulty. Crowded keyway, being guarded low in the post, plenty of pushing, and he still got up for a sweet two hander.

Reply #44802 | Report this post

BakedBeanHead  
Years ago

Bungey 2 hander baseline right over Farman. It was a massive dunk.

Reply #44806 | Report this post

U.T.B.N.B  
Years ago

Bungey's dunk was not over Farmans head.. He was the help 'D' and was rotating across and barely even made it too under the basket when Bungey dunked it. Nice dunk, but not on anyone...

Reply #44826 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no, it was over Farman. I was there that day, say the whole thing.

Just coz your the help D, you still have to play some.

Reply #44829 | Report this post

dave  
Years ago

know question pilkingtons dunk vs woodville of the steal jumped from dotted line n threw down a huge one hander...big props to his attemped dunk on trebilcok at mt barker few weeks back to if that went down man it wouldve been over crazy hops!

Reply #44830 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

without a doubt it would have to be forman's massive dunk in the first round against west - lets just say everyone in the crowd had their jaw on the ground! Respect!

Reply #44862 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

Oscar Forman easily

Reply #44902 | Report this post

jord  
Years ago

Clausen had a awsome dunk over Bowley at Noarlunga, and we got it on tape so i watched it over and over again and it seemed as if the dunk got better and better

Reply #44938 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hastings and hambour have had some massive dunks and alleys (especially hastings)

Reply #44954 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Wheres this photo of the dunk?

Reply #45146 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:41 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754