Pure Baller
Years ago

ABA game tapes?

To Isaac or anyone else in the know, how do i get a Tape or copy of an aba game?

Topic #3852 | Report this topic

Little Trevor  
Years ago

each club must tape every home game. Contact the home club at the stadium of the game you saw (Port adel - westies etc).

Whether they can/will provide it is another story...

Reply #44845 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I would like to see something implemented whereby tapes could be easily duplicated without too much trouble for clubs.

i.e., standardise with each club/stadium using a hard-drive based camera. Storing them somewhere centrally. Then having a system a little bit like SA Tourism's image library, where you could put in an order for games. $x each. Someone takes the order online, burns the disc, and mails it out.

If all the info was electronic, it would be easy for some volunteers to make highlights tapes from the central repository. Put them online and get more fans watching the games.

Reply #44949 | Report this post

Little Trevor  
Years ago

is there a way to easily convert VHS onto a computer, then into a standarised format?

Or would a better way be for BASA to approach a Radio Rentals/Harvey Norman type business and seek some sponsorship-in-goods form.

If BASA were to get 5 decent HD cameras, each home club could 'borrow' it for their game.

Reply #44952 | Report this post

dub zero  
Years ago

i may be able to get a few aba games and put them onto computer

Reply #44962 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:23 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754