Sad Blue
Years ago

What's going on at Frankston

Frankston may never have been a very successful club, but it was always a happy and friendly place to play and watch basketball. But sadly it's become a club with no leadership or direction.
Most of the Snr SEABL girls will never return until heads are removed at the very top.
The club faces a massive law suit of $250,000 and more.
Coach to face the basketball tribunal,
HPM that's more interested making contacts for himself in the USA than helping the club, 4 trips in 18mths, most paid for by mums & dads.
No coaches to be named until after tryouts, as many are leaving & no one applying ,
Hence the coaching program for parents to fill spots.
HPM program for under 18 & 20 to play SEABL has been a failure, the club should never of gotten rid of D-league. As all the top clubs have pathway for there juniors, but not Frankston.
A new stadium that's was meant to start early this year, then late this year. Now it starting early next year, good luck trying to fill it.

Topic #39875 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sadly people in charge that a new stadium will fix everything.
Can have the best stadium in the world but if people running place keep their act up it won't change the kind of results they produce.

Reply #597846 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow! Some pretty serious stuff.

I didn't agree with getting rid of the D League teams - IMO that was a HUGE mistake as it removed a pathway.

Very few at the age of 17 are capable of making valuable contributions at the SEABL level. That means these kids sit in the bench and either don't get on or only 1 or 2 minutes every week. How does that develop them in game play?

Reply #597847 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What's the lawsuit about?

Reply #597858 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Given your grasp of the English language I'm guessing you are really from Frankston.

Reply #597859 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What's the Lawsuit about? First I have heard of that happening, I had heard things were going well down there and they had turned the corner.

I'm no expert and don't know what the club wants to do but, If they are not having a YL team wouldn't they be better to turn around and have a Big V SCM team instead of SEABL so the gap is not as big?

Reply #597892 | Report this post

coach  
Years ago

Sandringham is also struggling with coach and player retention, and results.
I know that it is heresy to suggest, but maybe some of these clubs are just too small and not good enough to continue in SEABL- it does take up a lot of a club's resources.

Reply #597893 | Report this post

Spot up  
Years ago

Having no D League/YCM Men is completely ridiculous. There's no pathway that U20 or U18 players can see for themselves as they move through the club, so of course they'll look elsewhere. Plenty of options around...

Reply #597896 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Board at FDBA need to realise that certain staff members are only there to "feather their own nests". No point having more courts when everyone is leaving. Maybe netball could use them?

Reply #598295 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sounds like Frankstons doing better than Casey

Reply #598668 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sounds like Frankstons doing better than Casey

Reply #598669 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sandringham is a disaster

Reply #598673 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sandy will be run a lot better next season. Seabl were a disaster.

Reply #598676 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Batish finally being run out of town?

Reply #598677 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I heard there was a Frankston Monoply game, but I reckon I would rather love to play a SEABL one.

Reply #598678 | Report this post

Hmmm  
Years ago

Sandy always get off lightly. Both men`s and womens under perform over long period of time now.

Women`s coach must have compromising photos of people on the baord or something. Keeps getting a gig despite pathetic results and inability to recruit anyone of quality.

Reply #598799 | Report this post

Jeepers Jimmy  
Years ago

Frankston SEABL Club of the Year 2016!!
Love the media release on their website, with a statement saying what a great year it was, with the men's team doubling their wins from 2015 - way to go - used 4 imports and won 6 games!!
Wonder why there is no celebration on the website for Bowen and Standish making the All Star Team?

Reply #598829 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Law suit continuing. DOC calling other clubs about not recruiting former club captains. Refused to sign a clearance after cutting a 15 year player. DOC on more funded US trips than any politician ever. But the new stadium is about to be built, so the Jolly good times to continue!

Reply #622107 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dain Swetalla to Spectres is a great signing.

Reply #622109 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:43 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754