Sun: Melbourne Boomers v Bendigo Spirit 14:00

Topic #40102 | Report this topic

Luuuc  
Years ago

It's an axefest in Perth.
Import wing Monica Wright has been cut by the Lynx

--

Perth Lynx release Monica Wright

The Perth Lynx have made the difficult decision to release American guard Monica Wright, after complications arose with a long-term knee injury.

"Monica has presented herself as a lovely young lady with an incredible basketball résumé, but she simply cannot get across this knee issue which has plagued her for a while now," said Lynx head coach Andy Stewart.

“It's irresponsible of us to ask her to continue to push herself both on the training track and in games. We noticed an amount of swelling when she first arrived, and we really wanted to continue to work with her, but the knee just hasn’t responded.”

“There is a level of emotion in this, because she is a popular young lady.”

Wright played four games with the Lynx, averaging 7.8 points and 3.8 assists per game.

The Perth Lynx would like to thank Monica Wright for her contributions to the organisation and Western Australian community.

Reply #602914 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Had to be done, she wasn't performing and has a long term knee issue. Do it early, she can look elsewhere and continue healing and the cats can bring in someone healthy. Win/Win

Reply #602915 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lynx*

Reply #602916 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Yes it had to be done I agree. The odd part to me was the decision to pick her in the first place, given that her knee issues were far from a secret to anyone that has followed the WNBA this season.

Reply #602918 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exact same thing as when she came fit the second time to play for Rangers .. They cut her before she even started from memory it was due to the knee being so swollen after the flight and they sent her for MRI and then she got sent straight back to usa

She would have know. Her knee was bad before she signed it's been an issue for years

Reply #602931 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Perth Lynx announce live streaming of home games
http://www.perthlynx.com/Media/News/lynx-camera-action

Lynx YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4JTiCjdmQT4UchrgCFCNQA

Reply #603150 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Adelaide also doing the YouTube live stream thing.
Lightning vs Boomers tips off in half an hour:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fJMuIcc-WM

Reply #603200 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Dandenong Rangers - Townsville Fire live stream - tips off in ~ 15 minutes I think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzgN_DDkD2k

Reply #603221 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jeez Rangers gave Townsville Fire a thumping ....what happened here??

Reply #603362 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

And Townsville go down again, this time to Sydney in a thriller.
Less of a shock than last night, but still surprising to me.
Great for the comp though.

Reply #603513 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Whitcomb a chance to be called up to the Opals as a naturalised Aussie? She's carry the Lynx again this season.

Reply #603545 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

She's eligible, it's just a matter of which position they feel is in greatest need of some naturalised help. Mitchell & Griffin would both be useful too.

Sami was again big tonight in helping the Lynx get past the Caps after trailing nearly all game.
Great effort by Tenaya Phillips too I thought, stepping up in Monica Wright's absence. I like her poise & decision-making. Lavey's return came just in time too. Made a lot of difference to the tempo of our game at both ends.

If Perth can find a quality 3 to replace Wright then we can still do some damage this season I think.

Reply #603546 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will depend on who gets Opals coaching gig on who ends up in the team....long way off yet

Reply #603556 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:10 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754