On the outer
Years ago

MVP or ALL Star 5 Voting in Juniors ...

Just curious as to what people's thoughts would be to having some kind of MVP or All-Star 5 voting done in Juniors.

Maybe for all Division One grades U/14 and up and 16 and 18 2's (18 2's seems to have a lot of interest, on here anyway).

I doubt it could be done as BASA struggle to get MVP voting done on U20 games (which I still don't believe gets done on all U20 games or tallied properly).

Topic #4083 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bad for junior as some players will play selfish.

Play for the name on the front of the singlet, not for a name on a trophy.

Reply #47485 | Report this post

Little Trevor  
Years ago

They did all star five at the TI camps (selection camp for SASI) for each age group.

Reply #47488 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree with Anon (47485). Teach them to be part of a team first. Re: TI camps not a problem with all star 5 as they are there for themselves firstly and not as a team.

Reply #47502 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

we have chatted about this before - i think we should should have all star junior games pre 36ers / fellas for all grades

Reply #47590 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeh maybe and allstar game in every age group for div 1 south vs north south being southern sturt eagles panthers mavs and north being north norwood centrals woodwille west

Reply #48051 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and more people would go to sixers games as well is they did that

Reply #48052 | Report this post

brad #4  
Years ago

i think that we should have all-star games for jst abl.im a coach and if i found out a kid was playing for a mvp position i would bench him!!!bad idea...

Reply #50201 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Most players come to play basketball as an assumption that they will be great players. Most players do it subconsciously or consciously that being MVP will make them a better player

Reply #50209 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:05 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754