Ballboy
Years ago

Bearcats Womens Coach

I ran into a senior female player last night who told me that the Bearcats would be announcing this week their new womens coach.

Her comment was that the gossip (but not confirmed) was that they had scored a big prize in John Gillies and that the phone is already running hot.

Can anyone confirm?

Topic #4225 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

thats confirmed as of yesterday

Reply #49068 | Report this post

Hangin Round  
Years ago

You're on the mark ballboy.It took a few phone calls, but the club is announcing it today.
Not a bad pick-up at all for them.
With Dion for the men, it could be an exciting year

Reply #49070 | Report this post

Ballboy  
Years ago

Are there any other possible changes to Womens coaching positions?

And does anybody feel (like me) that an appointment like this gives the Bearcats a bit of a recruiting advantage, seeing as though Gillies is the Assistant Fellas coach?

By the way good on them, as I understand it from someone in the squad he is very well respected.

Reply #49082 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think you answered your own question ballboy.
It gives him a recruiting advantage because he is well respected - it has nothing to do with the fact he is assistant with the Fellas.
Earn respect as a coach and players will want to play for you.

Reply #49091 | Report this post

Mr T  
Years ago

Ballboy Anoun (49091) is right John is a great coach and will do well. Good luck to him and the West women this year.

Reply #49112 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:47 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754