The bear
Years ago

BIG V CEO

Just read a comment from the previous ceo advising she was leaving the big in a bette4 place than when she commenced.

So why 5 months later still no replacement.you would almost think that someone would of been in mind.,or ,did she jump?

Topic #42744 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wouldn't find too many people within the league that would agree with her...

Reply #673619 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Very interesting

Reply #673646 | Report this post

thatguyontheend  
Years ago

Diluted Talent Pool

Range of clubs that seem to be in one year and out the next (not her fault but says a lot about the league and requirements to enter a team)

??????

Maybe they are looking for the right fit - or maybe the right fit thinks the trousers have got holes in them

Reply #673686 | Report this post

The bear  
Years ago

Sounds like absolute crap to me.

It is a total embarrassment,you cannot have a major sporting organisation continue without a ceo.

Get your act together

Reply #673705 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BigV is part of BV. They have a CEO just not a separate one for the associations/teams in this specific competition.
Be thankful they have a dedicate staff unlike many other states.

Reply #673711 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

Being dedicated is admirable, but that doesn't make them good. That being said if there are dedicated staff, I've got an idea how to utilize them best and make the league better, hire a CEO!

Reply #673716 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Because he's the smartest offensive player on the floor. Uses footwork and smarts to score, not just pure athletic talent

Reply #673717 | Report this post

The bear  
Years ago

O.K. so get rid of the monkeys trying to run big v and place it under the banner of BASKETBALL VICTORIA.

save a bucket load of $$$$

Reply #673726 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

they have replaced her, but the CEO role has been eliminated and now the person is just a competition manager of the senior competition.

Bit strange as they will now have three people all trying to do the same job !!!!

apparently the new person started this week

Reply #673739 | Report this post

The bear  
Years ago

Just checked out the big v website and blow me down,the new name appears,Jeff Downes.

DOES TH8S GUY HAVE ANY CREDIBILITY IN REGARDS TO THE GAME OF BASKETBALL?
I think he had come over from another sport.

THIS HAS TO BE A MONEY SAVING GRAB

Reply #673742 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So being involved in another sport precludes you from applying let alone getting the job? Bollocks.

Reply #673744 | Report this post

The bear  
Years ago

Of course you can go to another sport,this new guy has made a living from doing this!BUT,the big v is a mess and as good as Jeff is,he will have h8s work cut out.

Reply #673746 | Report this post

The bear  
Years ago

Great to see big v made the announcement of this appointment on their website,
Amateurs in every way

That's enough,

Good luck Jeff.i think you will need it

Reply #673752 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Hey Bear why is Big v a mess I think it has run very smoothly since Julie left.the girls have done a fantastic job All organising for 2018 has being very efficient and way ahead of schedule on previous years

Reply #673784 | Report this post

The bear  
Years ago

Hope your on the ball.since the main problem has left the building this might be the case,but,not to sure.

A number of clubs are in problems.
Mornington,frankston,chelsea for starters

Reply #673864 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

'The Bear' what’s wrong with Chelsea??

Sounds to me like you are just trying to create more BS. I think you’ll find they are in a sensational position off court and will field 4 very strong Big V teams this year filled with home grown talent.

Nice try. Perhaps get a hobby.

Reply #673902 | Report this post

The bear  
Years ago

Your absolutely kidding yourself.
Men's side should win easily!as for all the others,well battle like hell.
Ladies side gave away all their top players.
Shortage of $$$$$$

Reply #673914 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Anonymous your right on the money.. Bear your full of shit and have no idea what your talking about the one womens player that left over dollars wanted 3 times what she was worth im pretty sure the club that got her will be disappointed ...besides when money's the only reason you play who'd want you

Reply #673956 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chelsea's men’s side will absolutely obliterate D1M this year. If they don’t win it all something horrifically drastic has gone wrong.

Tbh can’t see any team in D1m get within single digits

Reply #674099 | Report this post

The bear  
Years ago

Correct,the men's d.1 should comfortably,but,must keep the ego’s intact.
The championship women’s side is a different kettle of fish.half,that’s right half of the team have gone,and spots filled up with juniors.struggle

Reply #674101 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No one will get close to Chelsea. Corey S is a very good coach. Could he win Coach of the year and MVP?

Reply #674135 | Report this post

Juno 12  
Years ago

If you think Chelsea are locks for D1M, you really need to get those eyes checked... solid team but not what they're hyped up to be.

Much better and deeper teams in D1M this year...

Reply #674152 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Like who? Please share 'Juno 12'

Please share or are you just trying to motivate your team?

Reply #674155 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

We talk about Chelsea every year and they seem to disappoint. What makes this year any different? I can't see the same team from last year turning any heads. Who have they added / lost?

Reply #674156 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if they are the same team from last year and the comp is weaker, is that not a no brainer?

Any additions would only add to the fire power

Reply #674157 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

No one has said who they have added though so its not a no brainer. Facts are they lost to Blackburn & Keilor which have gone up so that helps them but they also lost to Warrnambool, Western Port, Bulleen, Geelong so that doesn't mean its going to be a cake walk. Finals they should of lost to Melb Uni when they had a melt down but Corey played great and the next round they beat Geelong by 2 so I don't see the 'no brainer' comment. Not to mention Shepparton will be a very good team this year with 2 imports plus Bartlett.

Reply #674160 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How does every bigv thread have chelsea men's team brought up??

Reply #674161 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

^^^^^^^

Someone is infatuated with them I suppose...

Reply #674171 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No brainer that the infatuated one is obviously connected to Chelsea....

Have seen they have added Glen Wansborough, John King,Brad Hauer and Nick Ross to their roster.

No big secret it is listed on their website after all.

Reply #674174 | Report this post

gelder  
Years ago

Chelsea Men will go close, Women will be shitehouse, Youth boys will be another year older, half will still need parents to drive them to games, big boy who can dominate gone up to Mens, no other influential bigs. Youth Women there abouts 5 - 7th.

Reply #674178 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

So they added 4x Div 2 role players and they're a lock are they?

Reply #674186 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why is the Bear infatuated with Chelsea?
Can anybody offer an insight?

Reply #674196 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought it was all about promoting local talent at Chelsea. Seems like 4 outsiders to me. Very strange considering all their media releases all hype that about the club this year.

Perhaps that was more a personal parting shot.

Reply #674493 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:25 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754