Anonymous
Years ago

Sandringham Sabres

Does anybody know what's going on with the Sabres?

I heard that there is a new board and executive to shake things up, but tonight I was at their round 1 game against Diamond Valley and the crowd was desmial, no bar, terrible game production. And a piss poor ring presentation for their VYC women's champions from 2017.

Then I heard they are being sued in the Supreme Court. What's is going on at Sabre land??

Topic #43058 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

BJ and dysfunction.

Chicken or the egg: which came first?

Reply #682848 | Report this post

Sabres supporter  
Years ago

Wouldn't be blaming Brendan Joyce for something that was produced over the last few years. If anything, his performance with the junior program this year is showing benefits.
Previous club board lost the support of many of the domestic clubs. It happens at lots of associations.

Is there really a ring ceremony for Youth League champions?

Reply #682889 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BJ has been one positive influence in the mess that is the SBA.

The new Southern Basketball Association (Sandringham) board have made some extremely poor decisions in the short time they have been in power!

Who organises window screens to be fitted to increase ventilation on windows that won't open? A waste of $5000, I wonder who’s bright idea that was?

I hear their ex major sponsor is taking them to the Supreme court for alleged defamation.

Reply #682897 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Who organises window screens to be fitted to increase ventilation on windows that won't open? A waste of $5000, I wonder who's bright idea that was?"

Someone who has a glazier business or someone with a mate who runs one.

Reply #682941 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I heard the youth league boys conducted a carefully planned heist where they made counterfeit drink cards and drank the bar dry, could be a reason why they had no bar.

Reply #682957 | Report this post

Sabres supporter  
Years ago

Wouldn't be surprised if the Sabres club contacts Hoops to find out about the posts regarding the window screens and the law suit. No public information on the website, so these revelations may have come from inside the operational staff.

Reply #682964 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe the window screens stop people breaking in?
Guess you never thought of that fracktard?

Reply #682965 | Report this post

thatguyontheend  
Years ago

Are we counting Youth League as championships on resumes? I thought they were like participation leagues for U23s

Surely not championship ring ceremony worthy

I did see the box scores in the DV Womens game and it surprised me.

Reply #683004 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I did see the box scores in the DV Womens game and it surprised me.

Why??????

Reply #683172 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WOW word has it from Sandringham the Current General Manager at Frankston under a huge has cloud applied for the Sandringham General Mangers job???.
Surely that not true!!! hope his board doesn't find out that he is going to walk out or is looking to leave them with it all. Maybe they might now ..

Reply #683839 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WOW word has it from Sandringham the Current General Manager at Frankston under a huge has cloud applied for the Sandringham General Mangers job???.
Surely that not true!!! hope his board doesn't find out that he is going to walk out or is looking to leave them with it all. Maybe they might now ..

Reply #683840 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Sandringham board wouldn't be so stupid.
He shouldn't get another gig in basketball.

Reply #683842 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BJ and Bill Runcie both gone.
So is the shooting machine....

interesting times ahead at Sabreland....

Reply #696658 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:17 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754