Timberball
Years ago

JP not coming back...Prather to Cats.

Reported on Cats Instagram page. JP Tokoto not returning and Gleeson is looking at Prather returning.

Topic #43387 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Of course Tokoto wasn't coming back. It was ridiculous for a pro baller in his playing position not to have an outside shot. The way teams backed away from him with the ball at the top of the key was embarrassing from a Cats perspective (and the coaching did nothing to try to hide the deficiency).

Reply #690066 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Of course Tokoto wasn't coming back. It was ridiculous for a pro baller in his playing position not to have an outside shot. The way teams backed away from him with the ball at the top of the key was embarrassing from a Cats perspective (and the coaching did nothing to try to hide the deficiency).

Reply #690067 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

I'd be happy to have Prather back.... or Conger!

Reply #690070 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wouldn't be surprised if Prather goes back to Perth. I imagine United are probably going to sign C.Felix as the SF

Reply #690071 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

So we may be looking at a lineup like this... perhaps Prather playing more 2/3

Martin/Norton
COTTON/ Steindl
PRATHER/ Hire
Kay/Wagstaff/Vague
Brandt/Jervis

Let's hope they go the 3 import route and use Hire as a training player ready to step up as an injury replacement. 3rd import to be a tall 2 for those times when Cotton gets posted up by a taller player

Martin/Norton
COTTON/ Import
PRATHER/ Steindl
Kay/Wagstaff/Vague
Brandt/Jervis

Reply #690072 | Report this post

Timberball  
Years ago

I'd love to see a Prather/Cotton lineup but something tells me they won’t want to play together. Prather didn’t seem happy 2 years ago when Cotton arrived to save the day at the end of the season.

Reply #690075 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

That final bench spot might come down to $$.
Hire wouldn't command much more than the minimum I don't think too many imports would play here for sub $60K, unless they're from a state league.

Reply #690076 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Hire as a training player makes most sense.

Reply #690077 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

Prather is a winner and would love to see him back at perth. But hes not the most reliable outside shot. They need to utilse a third import to bring extra shooting at the 2/3

Reply #690078 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not surprising, Tokoto was an offensive liability by the end and a highlight only defender that actually played below avg defence for a player with his physical stature.

Prather back, crazy not to like that. However i wouldn't actually ind seeing Devondrick walker, a legitimate 3pt shot with length and athleticism, thought not having him really hurt the team balance last year, i feel Steindl was meant to offset his loss to some extent, and we all know that never materialised.

Reply #690079 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Prather was put out because of Cotton, why would he join Melbourne and immediately be third string behind Goulding and Ware?

Reply #690080 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Prather and Cotton spent last off season working out together prior to NBA Summer League, how can you say they don't like each other?

Reply #690081 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its a rumour that was started here, but has no basis in reality. Same with the "prather left because the Cats low-balled him" nonsense.

Reply #690086 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://nbl.com.au/news/article/42165-wildcats-wont-re-sign-tokoto-eyeing-prather

Reply #690087 | Report this post

Blitz101  
Years ago

Go with 3 and have hire as a mentor to the younger guys, he took a big pay cut last year to keep his spot from what I heard

Reply #690091 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So he should, in terms of on court he doesn't really provide anything. It is 4 on 5 on offence all the time.

Reply #690093 | Report this post

AD  
Years ago

Read the article, he's made it clear they are resigning Hire. FMD

Also apparent that any talk of Prather was in jest.

I actually liked Tokoto, I think he's a very good SF.
But as discussed elsewhere, we are deficient in 3-point shooting, and they want the SF to address that. Could be Walker is back on the cards.

Pissed about Hire.
A bench with Hire, Steindl, and Vague, doesn't inspire confidence.
Especially with the way that Gleeson like to play the 2nd-unit for extended minutes.

Reply #690094 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Same with the "prather left because the Cats low-balled him" nonsense.

That came from the horse's mouth, he said that in an interview.

Reply #690095 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Post a link.

Reply #690099 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

https://thewest.com.au/sport/basketball/casey-prather-reveals-reason-for-leaving-perth-wildcats-ng-b88599921z

Reply #690100 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/basketball/casey-prather-to-use-nba-rejection-to-fuel-title-run-with-melbourne-united-20170904-gyairy.html

Reply #690102 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/wildcat-cotton-still-has-love-for-prather

Reply #690103 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hahahaha owned.

Reply #690113 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Literally none of those links say the wildcats low balled him

Reply #690128 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cotton and Prather are good mates. Prather left because the wildcats didn't offer him enough money but they can right that wrong this off season.

Reply #690129 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Still waiting for that link Zodiac...

Reply #690157 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Timberball is off the mark - this was not reported on the Wildcats Instagram page at all.

Reply #690167 | Report this post

Timberball  
Years ago

NBL instagram page, apologies.

Reply #690177 | Report this post

Timberball  
Years ago

https://instagram.com/p/BjLYdQVgFze/

Reply #690178 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Zodiac? Are you here? Gonna post that link soon?

Reply #690328 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

Wildcats staff Wade Dobson in Spain with Prather this weekend:

‏@wadedobson
May 25

Big turn out for @olympiacosbc vs @promitheasbc in the Greek Basket Semis...

Plus side, good to have a surprise catch up with @cprather24. Went off with 16 points in third quarter alone despite his side getting blown out.

Reply #690397 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:45 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754