what u think

Topic #44426 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Last year

If Perth are healthy and bring third import to go with HCA it's them

Reply #721110 | Report this post

Team Player  
Last year

ABBA They predicted it in 1980. The winner takes it all, the loser standing small.

Reply #721116 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Last year

ABBA pointed out that the winner took it all but they never knew who the winner actually would be. Hot Chocolate at least started the process of identifying who the winner(s) were. But further work was still required to narrow down the winners to who won "it all". Not to be confused with who want it all, which was Queen.
We have established that it is a subset of Every 1 but still don't have the final answer.

Reply #721121 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Last year

Long way to go, if Perth get home court advantage will be favourites, Melbourne in second gear and have McCarron and Moller coming off the bench. Sydney still could figure promenantly if Bogut, Lisch, Newley, Randle can stay healthy and in form, there bench is not solid. No one else in it.

Reply #721129 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Last year

I think Melbourne will.
I hope Perth will.
Sydney an outside chance.

Reply #721130 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Last year

United Kings GF series. Too soon to say who wins. Depends how banged up Bogut Newley & Lisch are. My money is on United.

Reply #721146 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Last year

Anon 121.

Sadly I got all the references.

Reply #721175 | Report this post

AD  
Last year

People predicting Kings in the GF need to remember that they would ned to win a SF series, with Gaze coaching.
Their chances of even getting that far rest on their ability to replace Wear. If they can bring in a stud 4 to partner Bogut, and leave Kickert as the backup 4/5, they'll go to another level. But the rumour is the money tap has been turned off?
I guess this will be the proof of that rumour, whether or not they can afford to replace the worst import in the league.

I think Melbourne have to be favourites at this point.

Reply #721284 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Last year

Still an open comp.

Melbourne, Brisbane, Sydney & Perth should qualify for semis.

If Sydney replace Ware they're a chance and top 4 looks pretty even.

If Brisbane get a gun third import pg they’ll have someone to drive the bullet train to the grand final series.

If Perth don’t get a third import the others are still a chance and the top 4 looks pretty even.

"Everyone’s a winner baby, that’s the truth."

Reply #721292 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Last year

i think united but if perth get hca hard to beat there

Reply #721699 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Last year

who knows...

Reply #724749 | Report this post

Udog  
Last year

People need to realize that Gaze might be coaching Sydney but Bogut is now coaching Gaze to coach Sydney. So Bogut is coaching Sydney. Gaze is just pulling funny faces and doing interviews (and doing what Bogut says). So Sydney are definitely a chance.

Reply #724752 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two weeks ago

Melbourne

Reply #725456 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two weeks ago

Melbourne over Sydney

Reply #725458 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two weeks ago

Home court advantage for the finals will be massive, Sydney sitting in first at present should be an advantage if they maintain that spot. Don't right off Perth or Adelaide, Brisbane might go close. Melbourne don’t seem to have the balance right, very strong on paper but have been struggling in putting teams away and don’t match up to well on Adelaide or Brisbane.

Reply #725461 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Last week

yeah whoever gets homecourt

Reply #726690 | Report this post

AD  
Last week

Barring injury to Ware, Melbourne would have to be the favourite now.

Reply #727144 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Last week

Brisbane if the can get into the top two, very balanced offence and defence.

Reply #727155 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Last week

not Perth they are a joke.

Reply #727479 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Last week

Great insight there anon.

Reply #727481 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Last week

Happy to have had a very early bet on United. Kings may do it. Perth, hahaha

Reply #727485 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Last week

Kings v Brisbane GF. Home side wins it all.

Reply #727492 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Last week

Sydney or Melbourne

Reply #727532 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Last week

Melbourne looking a bit like Perth to me, struggling on the offensive end, as with Perth just run plays for two players.
They will probably win the title now to prove I no f..k all. :):)))

Reply #727543 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Last week

Still going with Melbourne.

Reply #727549 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Earlier this week

Recent moves and non-moves make this thread relevant again.

Sydney- does Turner shore up their chances of winning finals series?

Perth- does their third import inaction result in missing finals, or just making their semi opponent have an easier run into grand final series?

Adelaide- will a Moore replacement occur, and can they still make finals?

Melbourne- can Boone do enough in finals to get them over the line.

Brisbane- look good to me, but no big impact point guard. Gibson could be an X factor if he gets up enough for finals. He doesn't need to play big minutes, but if he can add composure at the crucial times he could win finals for them.

New Zealand- can Ili perform and lead his team in finals?

My prediction:
Perth will squeak into finals with a couple more wins on the back of Cotton.
Sydney and Melbourne will finish 1&2, probably with Sydney on top.
Brisbane will finish 3rd or 4th.

Whoever is seeded against Perth will have an easier run through semi final series. Both Sydney and Melbourne would benefit from this, and therefore be a good chance go 2-0 to start grand final series. Hard to beat either of those teams when you’re down 2 to start a final series.

Conclusion: either Sydney or Melbourne will win it all by finishing in top 2. Whichever team plays Perth in GF series will be the winner. For you betting types, maybe try to get on as soon as we know who’s gonna lay SF against Perth.

On the other hand, the whole comp has been unpredictable, so I’m very likely to be completely wrong.

Reply #728366 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Earlier this week

That was five paragraphs of analysis to make the same point about Perth's opponent.

Reply #728368 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Earlier this week

Cadee overall has had a very good season for Brisbane, even his defence has improved. If Brisbane get a little luck I believe they are a big chance certainly if they face Melbourne in GF, Lemanis seems to have worked out how to slow down Ware, Brisbane bigs match up very well on Melbourne as well.

Sydney it's all around there big four, Randle, Lisch, Newley and Bogut, they all perform at high level and get Wear or Kickett to do a bit there a chance.

Melbourne are defending champs, they will fight hard. IMO though there offence relies on Ware and Goulding to much though Barlow and Boone can be deverstating on there day. Kennedy has a big game reputation so could make the difference.

Perth should get there and still should not be written off, they are solid, if Brandt finds form and the TWO imports fire they will be fine. Solid players around Kay and Norton as well.

Reply #728382 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Earlier this week

"Perth will squeak into finals with a couple more wins on the back of Cotton.
Sydney and Melbourne will finish 1&2, probably with Sydney on top.
Brisbane will finish 3rd or 4th.

Whoever is seeded against Perth will have an easier run through semi final series. Both Sydney and Melbourne would benefit from this, and therefore be a good chance go 2-0 to start grand final series. Hard to beat either of those teams when you're down 2 to start a final series.

Conclusion: either Sydney or Melbourne will win it all by finishing in top 2. Whichever team plays Perth in GF series will be the winner. For you betting types, maybe try to get on as soon as we know who’s gonna lay SF against Perth."

This didn't work this way for Adelaide last year. They actually would have been swept in the GF if it weren't for the generous home cooking.

Reply #728383 | Report this post

Reply to this topic

Random name suggestion for anonymous posters: Rabbit 24

Rules:You must read the Terms of Use. No spam, no offensive material, no sniping at other clubs, no 'who cares?'-type comments, no naming or bashing under 18 players. Learn how to embed YouTube videos or tweets

Please proof-read your post before submitting as you will not be able to edit it afterwards.

Close ads
SportsLink Travel - Official Tour Provider for Basketball Australia
Casual 3X3 sessions, Saturdays 2-5pm at St Clair Rec Centre
PickStar - The best place to book sports stars
Dunk.com.au - Custom basketball uniforms

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

Invoicing clients? Stay productive with Punch, the insightful time tracker that earns you more.

Special offer: $30/month Pay $100 for lifetime access. Sign up now!

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:13 am, Sat 19 Jan 2019 | Posts: 755,630 | Last 7 days: 1,723