Anonymous
Years ago

Should coaches be trying to instigate fights?

I heard Joey at the end of the game say: "hey BJ, push him back!" after a heated moment between Johnson and Moller. Poor taste I thought.

Topic #44708 | Report this topic

Splinky  
Years ago

Joey has form. It always seems to be Adelaide involved in post-game biffo.

Reply #731376 | Report this post

Flop Warning  
Years ago

It's not like this is new from Joey. We have seen him do it himself when his players won't go full thug on demand.

Reply #731382 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

What would you expect from Joey Wright?

Always been a hot headed guy who talks a big game and loves giving it, but can't handle any heat coming back in his direction

Had to laugh when he was arguing the toss about Moller’s shove. Why talk to your development player about an act of ill discipline, if you could whinge at the ref instead!?

Reply #731384 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

To be honest I'm just over the whole Joey Wright era now. We're soft as and then continually do knucklehead stuff like this nearly every game. We reflect Joey's us against the world mentality too literally it would seem. It's too much emotion and too much drama every bloody game.

Instead of carrying on flexing or starting fights how about seriously manning up and playing some damn defence. We've gone to two GF's under Joey it's been a good run but I'm over it this team desperately needs a new voice.

Reply #731385 | Report this post

Pete  
Years ago

^ can't argue. 100% valid.

Reply #731394 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Big yes from the Philippines coach

Reply #731400 | Report this post

Unsportsmanlike  
Years ago

The problem is he is never held to account? No one in the press conference would have the balls to challenge him that his behavior and comments actually incited the embarrassing scenes after the game.

Reply #731401 | Report this post

Unsportsmanlike  
Years ago

"Big yes from the Philippines coach" GOLD!

Reply #731402 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not a good look and Joey is the worst, but all coaches should be told to shut up. If they have complaints talk during breaks, it's a bad look all round.

Reply #731404 | Report this post

James Harvey fan  
Years ago

Thought this was going to be about a coach in u/16s b grade. Embarrassing stuff from an NBL coach

Reply #731406 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Damn i missed the last quarter can someone post a link to the video footage?

Reply #731419 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joey and this Sixers or swoop flogs are done, everyone's worked them out and when you got no talent you resort to fighting

And Johnston shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near a court with that hair

Can we get a second team in Adelaide please

Reply #731420 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

I think Joey seems a man out of ideas.

And when at that point seems to revert to some crude base impulses.

The guy is a good coach with a winning record, I would be careful to cast him aside without knowing what else is out there.

Reply #731421 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joey is a disgrace. It's no wonder so many Adelaide players carry on the way they do - he encourages it.

Reply #731425 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What actually happened? Anyone got some footage?

Reply #731427 | Report this post

Smith  
Years ago

'crude base impulses'.

Dick head.

Reply #731429 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ask Nathan Hawkes

Reply #731438 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Agreed Zodiac

Reply #731443 | Report this post

Pop  
Years ago

And the assistant coaches were where doing what? ... though that question is perhaps more relevant to during the game than this minor post-match scuffle.

Sad that the post match kerfluffle was more interesting/exciting than much of the game.

Reply #731462 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boti blamed the players for their lack of maturity. He's not wrong but their coach is not exactly leading by example.

Reply #731475 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:56 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754