Isaac
Years ago

Clippers trade Tobias Harris to 76ers

Woj:

Sources: Clippers and Sixers have agreed to trade Tobias Harris, Boban Marjanovic, Mike Scott for Landry Shamet, Wilson Chandler, Mike Muscala, 2020 first-rounder, 2021 unprotected 1st via Miami and two second rounders.

Harris was their leading scorer at 20 PPG. Boban is the eternal project.

76ers mostly giving up picks to contend in the short term? Clippers gathering picks as trade bait?

Harris had 34/7/5 today. No slouch. Gives the 76ers a very decent starting group:

Simmons
Redick
Butler
Harris
Embiid

Topic #44770 | Report this topic

MACDUB  
Years ago

Wow this is huge. Harris is an amazing talent.

76ers looking really good.im surprised if not shocked that the Clips gave up Harris so easily.

Havent the Clips pretty much given away Blake for a bunch of 76ers average players and picks?

Reply #732881 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Woj:

Sixers are loading up with a fourth All-Star caliber player in East, Harris; Now Clippers have one of league's most coveted picks -- 2021 Miami 1st -- along with 2020 1st -- to become players in marketplace when star talents want trades to get to LA.
The Sixers are budgeting to re-sign and keep a new Big 4, including free agents Tobias Harris and Jimmy Butler this summer, league sources tell ESPN. Philadelphia has long-term plans for Harris, Butler, Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons together.

Reply #732882 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

great signings

there was a possible trade for Thon Maker for Forkmaz

Reply #732883 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Delly might have problems at backup point guard sounds like cavaliers are trading for Brandon knight

Reply #732890 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And there s still Fultz to be traded

Reply #732891 | Report this post

Flop Warning  
Years ago

Damn I quite liked shamet. But can't be disappointed with getting harris.

That's huge

Reply #732897 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

I think when AD came out and said he narrowed the list down to teams and this list included the Clippers, the Clippers were keen to offload to get ready to have space for next year for him and others.

At the end of the day, if the Lakers end up in bad shape at the end of this season, will AD want to go there with that circus?

If Clippers can get Kawhi or if they can get Klay (because Klay may not want to go to the Lakers for the same reasons as above if he does wish to leave), and they can lure AD, then they will be looking into good shape.

It's like the Clippers waited to the Lakers-Pelicans deal looked like it was going to fall through before offloading Harris - as they knew AD was still ont he table (I know AD to Lakers could still plausibly happen but its looking unlikely)

Reply #732898 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

There's an angle to this that could be true if you're a conspiracy nut. Clippers wants Philly to knockout Toronto early to give Kawhi more incentive to leave

Reply #732908 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Manu

"There's an angle to this that could be true if you're a conspiracy nut."

So it's true for 87.65% of hoops posters.

Reply #732910 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's a really good conspiracy theory.
Great trade for short term, but think they will regret getting rid of that Miami pick. Looks like the process is really done. And Boban a great backup for Embiid.

Reply #732932 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is there enough ball for all these guys in Philly? Alot of ball dominant players in one team.

Reply #732936 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

On Boban, there was a great joke on r/NBA (I think) - Embiid is suddenly the best back-up big in the league.

Tobi and Bobi.

Reply #732955 | Report this post

Young Gun  
Years ago

From a Sixers fan point of view, it was a lot to give up... especially that unprotected 2021 pick from Miami... many are viewing that they won't be very good by then.

Losing Shamet is sad too... that guy was one of the more consistent contributors off the Sixers bench. And, I really enjoyed watching how great a shooter his as a rookie. That guy has good potential.

BUT... I'm glad to be rid of Wilson Chandler & Muscala... they just never really produced & in Chandler's case... injured too often.

Reply #732986 | Report this post

Craig  
Years ago

Pretty weak bench for the Sixers which is the main problem I see with the team, that being said if they can get some bench pieces in a Fultz trade it will go a long way to fixing that.

Reply #732999 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Dont know how 76ers fans could be upset with the trade at all (seeing a lot of fans upset on socials).

Teams have a short window for championship aspirations and you need to go all in when the window presents itself.

They obviously recognized this and got pieces to contribute maximum output now.

No point waiting until Shamet develops or to 2020 or 2021 to get picks.

Reply #733006 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:30 am, Thu 9 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754