D2.0
Years ago

Wildcats Management didn't expect them to Win

In Melbourne.

If this happens again they have committed to a Members Only reception & celebration, probably at Perth Arena, but admitted they were not prepared this time and unable to organise anything on short notice.

Topic #44992 | Report this topic

Huskypup  
Years ago

Piss weak.

Reply #738991 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

On the flipside...I'd like to know what United did with their 2019 Championship caps and t-shirts.

LV bought one to cry into but what about the other 10,000 units?

Reply #738992 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth Wildcats 2019 top 10 players.

10th Man is the only player from WA!!
Classic "Perth" Wildcats

Cotton USA
White USA
KAY NSW
Brandt NSW
Martin NSW
Norton QLD
Wagstaff NSW
Steindl QLD
Norton QLD
Jervs WA

Reply #738993 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If the kings only new how to look after there own backyard. Four from nsw.

Reply #738994 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Norton will be happy to have 2 spots in our top 10

Reply #738996 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

10th Man is the only player from WA!!
Classic "Perth" Wildcats

Are you suggesting that that team is not legit?

As an example, Sobey is from Victoria. DJ is from WA. So do the Sixers kick them and all other SA intruders out or rename the team to Warrambool 36ers?

Reply #738997 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Norton will be happy to have 2 spots in our top 10
If you don't list him twice, you have to list Hire. And then someone could point out that it makes no sense to limit it to ten when rosters are 11, and Vague comes in, and all of a sudden we have three WA-born players and the anon would start to look like a bit of an idiot.

Reply #738999 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Probably the same twat who posted Perth would miss the playoffs.

The state of players birth doesn't mean alot I'm sure Martin calls Perth home now.

Reply #739004 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Pffft why would we bother signing Nick Kay in Sydney when we can take QLDer Jeromie Hill instead?

Reply #739005 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

I understand it was put on by the "City of Perth" but I definitely didn't imagine attending the civic reception with 500 other fans the day after the won the championship.

Reply #739006 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It is a national/global game.

Reply #739007 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

D2 where did management say this

Reply #739008 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the cats reportedly did have a commiseration event ready to go for monday had they lost both games

Reply #739012 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

"the anon would start to look like a bit of an idiot."

A bit like how someone would look if they posted a thread stating that a team would not make the playoffs, only for that team to go on and win the championship...

Reply #739013 | Report this post

Huskypup  
Years ago

"he cats reportedly did have a commiseration event ready to go for monday had they lost both games"
So why can't that be a celebration immediately?
Piss poor still.

Reply #739014 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

There has always been the traditional "City of Perth" gig in Forrest Place.
What we're talking about is something to "replace" the celebrations that normally follow a home GF victory, and one that would give some kind of preference to members.
(One idea, and on this I am only speculating, would be to have it at RAC arena, with members admitted to their regular seats.)
But depending on demand, it might be at the Basketball centre, HBF, etc.

I will quote from the Wildcats email:
"it is something we have already noted for future seasons. We love hosting events wherever we can and providing members with the benefits and access to players they deserve. Unfortunately we are not able to arrange anything this season however if it was to ever happen again, we will be prepared with a members only event. "

Reply #739021 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Which email was that?

What we're talking about is something to "replace" the celebrations that normally follow a home GF victory, and one that would give some kind of preference to members.
Only 600 of them at a time though.

Reply #739028 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One of the many emails that D2.0 received from the wildcats after whinging about something whether it be game clashes with meal times, game clashes with home opens, allowing regular commoners who aren't members to celebrate the title with the team in Forest Place, and I can only imagine how many other complaints.

Reply #739032 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:53 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754