Underwhelming.

Reply #749933 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

should 36ers go after Next star player

Reply #749936 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For kings fans does Newley start on bench.

Reply #749937 | Report this post

Ryan  
Years ago

United

Melo Trimble
Mitch McCarron
Import
David Barlow
Shawn Long

Phoenix

Import
Ben Madgen?
Mitch Creek (if he comes back)
Tai Wesley
Import

Hawks

Aaron Brooks
Tim Coenraad or Lamelo Ball?
Todd Blanchfield
Import or Sam Froling
Josh Boone

Kings

Casper Ware Jr.
Kevin Lisch
Brad Newley or Import
Import
Andrew Bogut

Reply #749938 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes 36s should go after a next star
Every team should have one

Reply #749939 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wildcats:

Norton
Cotton
White
Kay
Import Center

Reply #749940 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ware
Lisch
Import
Moller
Bogut
Kings will probably only run with two imports to start as Bogut and Ware are on big coin.

Reply #749942 | Report this post

Greggo  
Years ago

Why does everyone predict Moller to be a starter/ Boomer etc. Like it might happen, but at the moment he's still a project, who can't put the ball in the hole, and can be used for a bit of defensive length and rebounding. I wouldn't be projecting him as an NBL starter or potential boomer any time soon.

Reply #749945 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Moller already played for the boomers, all be it the second unit in the Asian qualifying for World Cup. He shoots the ball well in the lower levels, even for Melbourne his percentages were reasonable though not taking many shots, not his role in the team. I'd say the kings last season would’ve have been much better with a defensive rebounding four as well.

Reply #749948 | Report this post

NotaFour  
Years ago

HAWKS

Naar / Ball (Glover)
Brooks / Glover (Dech)
Blanchfield / Coenraad (Dech)
Boone / Froling (Coenraad)
Ogilvy (Boone)

Reply #749956 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Guarantee you Ball will be starting by the end of the year. No way is Lavar's camp going to allow Naar to start in front of him with a NBA draft coming up. Good luck Matty dealing with that circus. You've been handed a poison chalice from the NBL in the name of publicity.

Reply #749957 | Report this post

Smith  
Years ago

Guarantee you Campbell and Flinny don't cop it - especially at a cost to Naars development.

Reply #749960 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What if Ball is better than Naar, surely he starts. Had an afl mate ring me, never goes to the basketball said he is going to few games this year, wants to watch Ball. This bloke lives in Sydney, talked about going to hawks games.

Reply #749962 | Report this post

Block  
Years ago

36ers have a decent 5 that can compete. However the bencb... underwhelming.

Melbourne look the best on paper.

Reply #749963 | Report this post

Smith  
Years ago

I'm not saying he won't start on merit, I'm saying it's doubtful they'll take a knee to the circus. Anon mentioned nothing about merit, simply that his minders will demand he start due to the draft.

That won't happen for mine but it's possible by mid season his development warrants him starting.

Reply #749965 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like Moller starting for the kings, feels like he a solid glue guy given the rest of their lineup

Reply #749969 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I reckon Melo will already be better than Naar

Reply #749970 | Report this post

Air Delay  
Years ago

I think the Hawks will start
Melo with Brooks, then let Naar run with Grida.
Blanchfield has a lock on the 3 spot & I like the look of AJ & Boon starting together in the 4 & 5, with Froling, Coenraad & ANDO backing up those spots. Coenraad was a killer in the 4 last year.

Perth wise, surely DameO STILL starts & sets the tempo, but maybe Norton plays more minutes.

Reply #749972 | Report this post

Smith  
Years ago

AJ and Boone starting together isn't viable, they'll get smoked in transition which is how almost every coach is modelling their offense. The irony to that is, you'd have to think they'll start Andersen there should he resign - and that's even worse in terms of containing either full court or half court offense.

They really need a mobile four for mine and I hope they sign one over Andersen but he'll be cheaper than an import at this stage.

Reply #749978 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anderson is still probably mobile enough, but injuries slow him done. Agree can't start Boone with AJ.

Reply #749982 | Report this post

Air Delay  
Years ago

Smith & Anonymous, you may be right, but Boone is quicker up & down then people give him cred for & AJ IS playing a lot of 4 in the QBL & carving up.

Reply #749986 | Report this post

Air Delay  
Years ago

Smith & Anonymous, you may be right, but Boone is quicker up & down then people give him cred for & AJ IS playing a lot of 4 in the QBL & carving up.

Reply #749987 | Report this post

Air Delay  
Years ago

Reply #749988 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Air Delay you can say that again.
Totally agree bud.

Reply #749989 | Report this post

Smith  
Years ago

How do you space the floor with both AJ and Boone on the floor together?

Reply #749990 | Report this post

Air Delay  
Years ago

Sorry about that accidental triple post.
But if you've watched AJ closely, he plays well as a trailing big & passer & from catches on the elbow.

Reply #749992 | Report this post

Block  
Years ago

Without Mitch Creek Phoenix look underwhelming tbh... without really good imports they will be bottom dwellers.

Reply #749999 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hopefully we see alot more quality come to the league next year, the player pool is getting stale. Benches are thin and too many has beens.
Want to see more Aussie youth and top notch exp players.

Reply #750000 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_NBL_team_rosters

Reply #750001 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is no way a next star athlete is going to start in this league at the start of the year. Yeah they are good but they are moving on from high school basketball & will need to adapt to the physically of this league & all off them will need to play defense from watching all their tapes, which no coach in this league will let up on because defense wins games in this league. In all honesty I don't see any off the next stars except the Kings one getting any more than 10 minutes per game. There is no way any players in this league are going to let them dominate like they do in high school

Reply #750002 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

FWIW Melo was putting up pretty good Drew league numbers, way better numbers than his teammate the 36ers import PG Deshon Taylor. He was putting up stats closer to Casper Ware (but behind him still though).

I think some people will underestimate how NBL ready Melo will be. Yeah he was be raw and streaky and won't absolutely star and look average at times, but with his size and skillset he won't look too out of place as a starter playing 20+ min.

Reply #750007 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:55 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754