Anonymous
Years ago

The NBL stats thread

G'day need help finding an up to date NBL stats page.
NBL.com is garbage.
Cheers.

Topic #46057 | Report this topic

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Try NBL.com.au

Reply #767773 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are Perthworld and Manure the same idiot?

Reply #767782 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Try Spatial jam NBL stats page. Find it via: https://spatialjam.com/spatialjam-public-datasets

Reply #767789 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cheers PJ.

Reply #767791 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree that the NBL needs to upgrade its stats offering.

Reply #767812 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It sure does.

Reply #767814 | Report this post

andrewbprice  
Years ago

I run spatialjam.com - the website should hopefully have everything you're looking for. I'll have the on/off data and 2 and 3 man combos up this week, everything else is already live for the season.

If there is something you're looking for that isn't there, let me know and I can try to build it for you. Trying to make it as useful a resource as possible for fans.

Reply #767826 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Love your work, Andrew.

Reply #767832 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Andrew great work and thanks. Just a question, is there anyway of measuring 1% like hands in lane and rebound tip outs.

Reply #767858 | Report this post

andrewbprice  
Years ago

@ #767858

There is, but without the camera systems they have in the NBA we're unable to do it here unless there is someone willing to manually sit and count them sorry.

I know a few of the teams I've worked with do count these types of things, as well as screen assists, failed gambles on steals, paint touches, passes etc but at this stage we just don't have the manpower to do it for the entire league sorry. Teams that do count them, will usually use an assistant or volunteer coach to grab this data, but it's almost always in-house and never done at a league wide level.

I'd actually argue these things are way more important than 1% might indicate - the traditonal boxscore is woefully inadequate for measuring defense.

Reply #767875 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks a hundred Andrew, I agree with you re the box scores. :))

Reply #767888 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've just try to find some field goal percentages from a few players, nbl calculations are all wrong on both the app and the web site. Long was list at 454% which I’m assuming is 45.4 and when you do maths he is 56.3%. All players are the same.

This is so poor from what is supposed to be the 2nd best league in world. If nba agent was looking at Long he be disappointed checking those stats. It ain’t that hard to get right.

Reply #773070 | Report this post

James Harvey fan  
Years ago

Any chance of doing WNBL stats again?

Reply #773085 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stats percentage on nbl sites are all wrong, all players seem about 10% less than they should be. Not good enough.

Reply #773135 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can someone from nbl head quarters get the player percentage stats right, it's a blight on the nbl to not able to get percentages correct. It ain’t that hard.

Reply #773369 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:38 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754