Jack Toft
Years ago

Breakers Kings Oct 20

What a rematch

The Breakers put up a solid effort against the Top of the table Kings but now it's rematch time and on the Breakers home court, the rules are more open to interpretation. There's not as many fouls called and the fast, free flowing games lend themselves to a much more agile, run and gun style of play.

This is the Breakers first home game so they will be out to get onto a solid footing at home by evening up the ledger (even without Pledger)

The Kings have a depth of talent. If Ware is not scoring freely, then others are available. The Bogieman is picking rebounds like a Swedish backpacker picking oranges and blocking shots as well.

The Kings will be hard to beat this game, but the Breakers came close last game and games like these make or break the final 4. This game will be close.

However, I think it will get down to the coaching and who can squeeze the last drip of juice out of the lemon on the final plays. The Breakers know the court, but I think the Kings might just pull off the right plays at the right time to pull off a W.

Topic #46112 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

This will be close. Either team could win by a narrow margin. Kings shot poorly from deep on Friday and it would be unlikely for them to do the same today. But the Breakers are also still coming together as a team after a disrupted preseason.

If the Breakers imports avoid foul trouble then Breakers by 6.

Game almost sold out, apparently.

Reply #769059 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Game of the round imo, NZ at home should bring the kings run to an end, how will the refs call this game, if Bogut keeps out foul trouble though kings are a chance. Kings defence and rebounding has improved ten fold this season, Tate and Moller have added a lot hear.

NZ by three in great game.

Reply #769063 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I read the title as Burger Kings

Reply #769065 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Breakers by 5

Reply #769066 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

I'm assuming there will be no bunker as Sky Sport NZ are the host broadcaster?

Reply #769080 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Wow, what a treat. Commentary from the stadium.

Reply #769081 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Keen to see how RJ goes, i haven't really had a chance to see him yet

Reply #769082 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Breakers are having a block party on Louzada.

Reply #769085 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Breakers look really good. Nice import selections that compliment their locals.

Reply #769086 | Report this post

Perthwor1d  
Years ago

Liking the commentary.

Reply #769087 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Nice to see two teams buck the trend of hiring from the batch of dumb local coaches.

Reply #769088 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty entertaining game so far

Reply #769090 | Report this post

Perthwor1d  
Years ago

Open race for playoffs with seven teams fighting for top 4.

Reply #769091 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is such a difference listening to Kings timeouts this year compared to last years with Gaze as coach.

Reply #769093 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bunker or no bunker these commentators leave Heal and the like far behind .
Didi not doing anything team as per Friday game.

Reply #769094 | Report this post

Perthwor1d  
Years ago

Technical on Will Weaver

Reply #769095 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Tate 4 president.

Reply #769098 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The stickers remain the root cause

Reply #769099 | Report this post

Splinky  
Years ago

Best telecast of the year. Love these commentators and with them at the game... #SEEINCREDIBLE

Reply #769100 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Kings lead despite the best efforts of Louzada.

Reply #769101 | Report this post

easy  
Years ago

Im from Europe, one question. Why you guys every game talking more about comentators than about game?? Lol

Reply #769102 | Report this post

Perthwor1d  
Years ago

It's just the way we are @easy.
Bitching about Goulding, Cadee, Lemanis and the refs it's just how we roll.

63_63 .

Reply #769103 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Love the NBL, everything they have done to build this brand and the comp. sad to say something is missing this season. Lost something. Hope they can get it back, and quickly.

Reply #769104 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL supporters love finding something to complain about of their league. Whether it's the pixels on the broadcast or the amount of commentators on deck.

Reply #769105 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

New talking point. RJ Hampton adjusts his jersey like a girl.

Reply #769106 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Yeah I'm over the whole commentator thing. I think the Australia games, having 3 in the booth has fixed it. A lot more natural dialogue.

Good game this one. Both teams working their asses off.

Reply #769107 | Report this post

Yinka Dare  
Years ago

Kickett and weaver look like they could be brothers

Reply #769108 | Report this post

Perthwor1d  
Years ago

Sydney looking for 4-0 start

Reply #769109 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do we think showing the shot clock might be something fans want to see?

Reply #769110 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

or players stats such as points on the score ticker

Reply #769111 | Report this post

Perthwor1d  
Years ago

Hampton adjusts his jersey like girl.

You say some dumb shit Perthworld.

Reply #769112 | Report this post

Perthwor1d  
Years ago

76-66 NZ.

Reply #769113 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shocking telecast. Poor

Reply #769114 | Report this post

cosby  
Years ago

Kings going to win the ship.

Reply #769121 | Report this post

Tassie Devil  
Years ago

Perfwurld said "Kings lead despite the best efforts of Louzada."
Clearly you left your seeing eye dog out of the room. No wonder everyone here thinks you are a laughing stock here. Go and post on Ozhoops where your posts will be appreciated.

Reply #769125 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As an NZ baller time has come for Breakers to be allowed to play and not give away 15 points per game to the 3 players in grey.

Reply #769126 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Tassie Devil the kid is a hog. Others wrote the same thing above too.

Reply #769127 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Tassie Devil the kid is a hog. Others wrote the same thing above too.

Reply #769128 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Didi was killing it in preseason so I think he thinks he's a 20ppg scorer. I don't mind when he attacks the rim, but too many contested threes so far for my liking.

Reply #769130 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

There was also one really open pass in the key where he totally ignored his teammate.

Reply #769134 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Newley, Moller and Tate are forming a very good 3-4 partnership, Mollers defence down the stretch even on Webster was great. Bogut might be held together with duct tape but what a player. Didi does have to pass more, Casper looking better than last year at Melbourne. Bruce doing ok as well and Kickett actually playing defence and can still score.

NZ played very well, thought Hampton did great, not familiar with there side but they are certainly a big chance top four.

Loved the commentary, Australian commentary could learn a lot.

Reply #769137 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"There was also one really open pass in the key where he totally ignored his teammate."
Well make sure you judge every player the same to be fair.

Reply #769144 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Impressed with the D this season so far. Didi is a good example of playing hard at both ends.

Reply #769145 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Pretty sure I read someone from the Pelicans is out here at the moment to watch Didi that probably had an effect on him trying hard to impress these two games against the Breakers.

Reply #769158 | Report this post

PyroCross  
Years ago

It seemed like Didi was over-exerting and got himself in trouble over the two games. His length is something else though. Needs to be a bit more patient (which is what I thought Hampton was today, clear difference in his game to Friday).

Though the Breakers are 0-2, I'm feeling confident. We lost that one because nothing was going in in the fourth (despite having good open looks) - we were very much in that game before then. Impressed by Craig Moller, very much a hustler who found rebounds like no-one's business.

Meanwhile, where are all the Jae'Sean Tate haters now?

Reply #769164 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm not too worried about the Breakers either. Lots of positive signs. Ball movement was great at times, but more importantly was the defence and hustle from the imports. They are clearly improving game by game.

Tate is a beast. Without him Kings lose that one.

Reply #769167 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes I'm positive on breakers

Thought Ashley came in and gave them some good rim protection and they look better when they run the break.

Loe hit some threes and pulled bogat out. Weeks was good at picking up the pace.

Why no majok? Vodanavich got some minutes and didn't show much. I would have played majok witb Loe at the four. Majok would have given them more rim protection and set some screens.

Reply #769209 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Vodanovich was out there to try counter Tate. Majok wouldn't trouble Bogut and doesn’t stretch the floor like Ashley and Loe.

Ashley could be amazing if he adjusts to the reffing.

Reply #769218 | Report this post

Duncan  
Years ago

No one here talking about Webster? Surely there's no homeless in NZ, Corey will happily build you a house hahahaha

Reply #769224 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

Yeah, I think Breakers fans have a lot to look forward to this season, they're going to be good to watch and really great crowd turning up... I know they've had it rough the last few seasons but seeing a NZ home crowd in full force is good tv...

I have to raise my hand as someone who was doubting if Tate was the best option and while this was more based in what the Kings needed more than the player himself, he's definitely proving to be a valuable player... I just wish that Kicks would retire so they could get a proper 4/5... I think I saw him play ok D maybe twice in that game, which is twice more than the rest of the season so far...

Last season, the Kings would have lost that by 12, so this is a big improvement in attitude... Ware coming in and having such a better attitude overall but more team first than Randle is great, same with Newls seemingly to have found his love of the game again... Hopefully Didi settles a little bit and understands that him playing his role well and getting his when they come to him in wins, more than trying to take over and stuffing up and potentially contributing to losses...

Was great having the commentators in the stadium... I've always enjoyed the Kiwi commentators, until they start to lose and then chuck out the bias and then halfway through realise they're being biased and then try to spin in lol...

Reply #769300 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Kings ominously good.
Breakers competitive but worries for me in the point guard position down the stretch.
The young guy is not up to it. He can't seem to create his own shot or a shot for anyone else. Henry can't dribble and his decision making looks suspect in crunch time.
Scott Hopson is our best player, but he can't dribble well enough in traffic to create a good shot.
So it is left to Corey to carry the load, questionable at best.
We will be respectable but the league has stepped up a notch or two and we look similar or marginally better than last season.

Reply #769683 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:53 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754