D2.0
Years ago

WTF is with Kayo?

I thought the idea of Kayo was to be a premium Sports Only service, to effectively replace the streaming side of Foxtel Sports.

I signed on for a free trial, but thought I might actually keep the subscription, but it is total crap.

For AFL, Foxtel's claim to fame was always "no ads" (or at least no ads every time a goal is scored.)
But for the games I watched all they did was rebroadcast 7-Mate, including the logo and ads. Then when it came to the GF, they didn't even have it.

Then comes time for the NBL, and they only have about half the games.

Topic #46359 | Report this topic

KET  
Years ago

It is just Foxtel sports. Thus no grand final (exclusive time seven) and half the nbl games (the ESPN ones)

Reply #775496 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Watched last night's Sixers v Phoenix - first live game I have watched on Kayo and although we had plenty of bandwidth and didn’t have any transmission breaks, the picture went blurry a few times - definitely not HD. Is this a known issue?

Reply #775499 | Report this post

Joey's vest  
Years ago

Watch nbl on twitch.tv/nbl every game live and has embedded chat. No ads, they just have filler Everytime there is a normal ad break

Reply #775500 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's FTA. No need for KAYO at all. Quality is good. Oh, it's FTA!

Reply #775506 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Not every game is live on FTA. SBS on demand isn't live, only some games are live on a Viceland channel 31. The remainder are on ESPN which is Kayo

Reply #775509 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

SBS on demand isn't live
Yes it is.

Reply #775510 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes, every game is live on SBS On Demand and also Twitch.

Reply #775511 | Report this post

Splinky  
Years ago

Twitch is the best way to watch. Seems to have the highest quality stream plus there's the option of the clean feed which has no commentary!

Reply #775512 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Afternoon/Evening Games: TV: All Live on Viceland, Streaming: All Live on SBSonDemand, NBLTV, Twitch

Night Games: TV: All live on ESPN, Streaming: All live on SBSonDemand, WatchESPN, NBLTV, Kayo, FoxtelNow, FoxtelGo, Twitch

If you want to watch to any NBL game online live you can go to SBSonDemand or twitch or NBLTV for $5 a month.

Is that understood, everyone?

There is also a game of the week on Facebook.

Reply #775513 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All games live on FTA as I said b4.

Reply #775516 | Report this post

Rod  
Years ago

i have Kayo and enjoy it to watch UFC, F1 races, Boxing, NBA, NFL, NCAA, Euro bball and especially NBL and I dont always get an opportunity to watch them live so i get to click through the ads and FTs and bullshit between fights etc

I enjoy it, but that's just the way i use it, others will be different

Reply #775517 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Twitch is free and has commentary feed options etc. but also what no one has mentioned is that it has embedded full stats you can view during the game.

Reply #775518 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

I enjoy using Kayo, but the Apple TV app shits me and isn't what I'd label as user-friendly.

Reply #775523 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

"I enjoy it, but that's just the way i use it, others will be different"

Yes, and others will always find something to complain about.

Reply #775560 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The biggest whiners always seem to be the ones who don't even understand what they've bought

Reply #775572 | Report this post

PersonalFoul  
Years ago

thr advantage I like with KAYO for a range of other sports is the no spoiler scores, and the fact I can stream it anywhere (I"m on the move a lot) and I can watch a game wither from LIVE or from the start depending on when I get a chance to tune in.

Reply #775584 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

On SBS on Demand, I've found I can't join a live game from the start. That is I can only jump to live, not from the beginning as you can with Kayo. Is this only my TV app or is this across the board?

I do enjoy Kayo because I watch a lot of different leagues and sports and the ability to start watching when I'm ready and skip the add breaks to catch up to live is great.

It isn't yet perfect though. It needs a search function. It needs the ability to save favourite programs, tag future games etc. I assume that will come.

Reply #775607 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Kayo is completely fine and as advertised, your expectations are not. AFL grand final is never played on Foxtel, and it states selected NBL games, otherwise you can get them all on SBS On-Demand.

Reply #775646 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Kayo is awesome.

A few issues with the interface, searching, etc. It's not 100% perfect. But as far as watching Live Sport or watching games in the next day or two, brilliant. Between Kayo, SBS on Demand, SBS Viceland TV- I'm set.

Over the weekend I watched the United vs Phoenix game on fast forward after recording on TV, something I've never done before, and surprisingly I enjoyed it. It was still watchable. This reminded me that Kayo has a 1.5x option. Something I plan on trying very soon.

Reply #775670 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kayo is shit. Its meant to be an Australian service but has shit coverage of Australian sports. They literally have nothing worthwhile that I cant watch for free elsewhere. If I had no life and wanted to spend my whole day watching random international sport I would choose an appropriate service not an Australian one.
This is an NBL forum but love all idiots proclaiming its great, admitting its pointless for NBL and doesnt have most of the games, but still say its great.

Reply #775678 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Everyone keeps saying if the game isn't live on SBS Viceland you can get it on SBS on Demand? But isn’t on Demand just replays? How do you watch on Demand live?

Reply #775725 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Spinner, every single NBL game is live on SBS on Demand. You click on the live link on the front page.

For example this Friday night Bullets vs Sixers which is technically an ESPN game when the game is about to start go to SBS on Demand and there will be a big advertisement to watch the game live smack bang in the middle of the page.

I've watched all the ESPN games this season live not on delay on SBS on Demand, I just don't watch Viceland games live on there as I would prefer to watch them on TV.

Reply #775726 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Every game I've watched on "On-Demand" has been live, so I'm not sure what ppl are talking about. Usually first choice Viceland, then Kayo then On-Demand so maybe if they're not available on the first 2 options it's always live On-Demand?

Reply #775727 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have watched every game on 31 or sbs on demand live, it ain't that hard. No problems at all.

Reply #775733 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spinner, the other option is when an NBL game is being played and you can't see it on the home page of the SBS On Demand app, go to the search bar in the app and type NBL or Basketball and the live game will show up.

Reply #775768 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you want to watch other sports by all means watch Kayo. If you want to watch just the NBL like me it's simple. SBS.
I do have free Foxtel sports btw which I seldom use. I would never pay for FoxSports now. HOwever I did pay for it when NBL TV wasn't avaiable and I used to pay for that as well.

SBS. Simple.

Reply #775783 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Thanks all for the advice - appreciate it!

Reply #775790 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Go to genres > sport if you struggle to find NBL games on SBSondemand, that's what I do. Don’t start the stream early or it crashes out

Reply #775793 | Report this post

DaAnswer  
Years ago

Twitch FTW.

Reply #776063 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:09 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754