Jack Toft
Years ago

Sixers v Breakers Nov 24

Is a game against the Breakers an automatic win? I guess we'll find out today.

In more trouble than Ned Kelly, they have slumped to second bottom and are the only team NOT to have won a game on the road this season. Even Flinny is looking forward to playing them. I guess there must be a wee bit too much duty free on the flights, and rice is certainly off the menu.

Offensively, the Breakers are not the Breakers of old. They have scored over 100 points twice this season whereas in the heyday they were scoring more centuries than Don Bradman. Like Phar Lap, Russel Crowe and Ivan Milat we were almost proud to call them pseudo Australian. Sorry, Ivan Milat wasn't born in NZ and we are certainly not proud to call him Australian.

Adelaide couldn't get the W on Friday night, even with Teys playing out of his skin. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I think the strength of the bench is the difference in teams in this league. So how do the benches stack up? In their two wins, the Breakers bench contributed an average of 32, in their losses, the bench contributed just under 18...with Sixers bench contributes 30 in wins and 21 in losses. Overall the Sixers bench is contributing an extra 3 ppg, playing less minutes too.

With all their troubles, its hard to see the Breakers get this one. Sixers to break the Breakers 102 to 92

Topic #46385 | Report this topic

Jick  
Years ago

Teys is out. This changes everything.

Reply #776525 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joey to punch Randle if they lose this one....

Reply #776527 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Sixers to get the win or watch out for new sack Joey or Griffin threads.

Reply #776530 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Last game and travelling yesterday won't help the Sixers. NZ in Adelaide before them and waiting in the shadows. Teys not playing is a blessing. Despite one outlier game, him not being there forces Wright to play Moore who they need and is capable of big numbers consistently. His confidence is shot unfortunately and the way that was handled was atrocious and smacks of bullying. 'I'm going to treat one of my imports like my bitch' has always been a good strategy to motivate people. NZ on the road and with nothing to lose, Hopson back, and their assistant coach told the game is at Titanium Arena, has NZ getting this one.

Reply #776531 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

If we can't break the breakers with all their woes I going to go topless at the land of promise and lap dance for free to punish myself....That's ugly a Sixers loss be even uglier cmon Sixers I got the shirt on my back at stake plus a few quid.

Reply #776534 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

If we can't break the breakers with all their woes I going to go topless at the land of promise and lap dance for free to punish myself....That's ugly a Sixers loss be even uglier cmon Sixers I got the shirt on my back at stake plus a few quid.

Reply #776535 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If the Breakers turn around their season it starts this week. I think the off court issues will galvanise then on court and they take this one.

Reply #776537 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hopson is not back

Reply #776541 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wow those NZ uniforms........oh my

Reply #776586 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

Those uniforms have stolen any Mojo NZ had. They might as well be playing in ballerina outfits!

Reply #776590 | Report this post

Joshuapending  
Years ago

Mitch Kupchak In the house to see Hampton.

Reply #776591 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Corey Webster on Fire!!!!

Reply #776592 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Where are those sack Griffin homers?

Reply #776595 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Breakers could legit win the spoon.

Reply #776598 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I haven't watched the Breakers and felt like this since around 2004.

Reply #776600 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

The fabled Jeff Green era.

Reply #776601 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

At HT Griffin 20pts on 9/10.

Reply #776602 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I always knew Griffin would come good, 20 at the half.

Eric Griffin, my man.

Reply #776603 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Can Adelaide maintain this pace and win 115-80 or will they fade in second half as we have seen so many times this year.

Reply #776604 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

John Casey interviewing Mike McKay. Need more of this.

Reply #776605 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Sek Henry to go nuts in the second half, drop 20+ and make a game of it

Reply #776606 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Mike McKay has aged well.

Reply #776607 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide is vsing a team coached by Dan Shamir you can pencil this in for a W before the game even began.

Reply #776608 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Was thinking the same thing.

Reply #776609 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

McKay's aging, that is.

Reply #776611 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Mark Davis was interviewed at a game recently the guy doesn't look a day over 45 I knew he was older than that looked him up he's nearly 60.

Reply #776612 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As if Manu, Sek Henry is awful.

The Breakers really are a train wreck

Reply #776613 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

White anglos age badly though (alcohol?) which makes McKay look super impressive.

Reply #776615 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Can the Breakers season get any worse could ill afford to lose a local of Webster's calibre.

Reply #776616 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Arms to the ankles .
Who is this commentator?

Reply #776617 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Breakers draw will get easier but the damage is done.

Reply #776618 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Griffin & DJ both trying to impress Kupchak.

Reply #776619 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Hopefully Vodanovich can stay off the piss on flight home tonight

Reply #776620 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great review Aylen, you absolute flog.

Reply #776621 | Report this post

Uncle Phil  
Years ago

Aylen making sure he provides an impact as usual

Reply #776622 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is the star of the show, after all

Reply #776623 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Breakers have had 2 weeks with good practice time. Yes lots of players missing and now Webster out. But their offensive sets are so basic. Some pressure on Shamir now. Weren't they one of the best offensive teams under Braswell?

Reply #776624 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Hungry Jacks for all the chubbies :)

Reply #776625 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Actually don't mind the breakers uni's, better than the Sixers bonds white singlets. At least go the wife beater blue.

Reply #776626 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For all the punters out there, I had money on Webster scoring 20+, because he got injured to I get my $$ back or does the bet stand?

Reply #776627 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Will we see Bijan today?

Reply #776628 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reckon they could've afforded to increase the font size on the NZ player name on the back of jersey? Almost need a magnifying glass to read them.

Would be impossible to read them after 12 beers on the flight home.

Reply #776629 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does Screen enjoy making shit up about local players.

Reply #776630 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Screen is the worst of the commentators. She is almost as bad as the referees at how low her knowledge is about the game.

Reply #776631 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seen enough of Sek Henry for a lifetime. Play rusbstch

Seen enough of vodanavich at centre.

They look very poorly coached.

Reply #776633 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

36ers a lock for champions

Reply #776634 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Weren't they one of the best offensive teams under Braswell?

If they sack Shamir what new title would they have to come up with for the next coach? Head coach and Director of Basketball are both out.

Reply #776635 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I liked the look of Alex Mudronja acquitted himself well in the final quarter and Michael Harris certainly has some springs they bailed out Sek Henry on that monster block he did.

Reply #776636 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

'Screen is the worst of the commentators. She is almost as bad as the referees at how low her knowledge is about the game.'

Is that you Homicide?

Reply #776637 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Now they're calling good blocks like that fouls... ffs..

Reply #776638 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Head of Game Day Strategic Operations

Reply #776639 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

For all the punters out there, I had money on Webster scoring 20+, because he got injured to I get my $$ back or does the bet stand?

Bet stands. Unlucky.

Reply #776640 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

What was the crowd number?

Reply #776644 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Crowd 7,514

Reply #776646 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Feel a bit sorry for Hampton. Looks really impressive and seems happy to play within a system, yet is surrounded by ineptitude everywhere he looks.

Also, that Ater Majok managed to get himself to UConn, drafted and have a near decade long pro career is incredible. The bloke is not good.

Reply #776647 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Good crowds so far @ AEC:

vs Brisbane 7.5k
vs Cairns 6.2k
vs Sydney 8.2k
vs Perth 6.5k
vs NZB 7.5k

Reply #776648 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Webster bug loss 50%of our offence. Abercrombie was Antsey'sanswer to step up. 4 shots for the game says it all. Creating offence is not his go. A is pretty much a passenger offence and relies on someone else creating his open shot. Without Webster no one else is capable. Where to from here? Live with limited offence and dig in on DEFENCE. Stay in games as long as possible.

Reply #776649 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anstleys comments were daft about Abercrombie. A has never been a creator. Has no handles, can't dribble. Doesn't mean he isn't a good player. He is. Just means anstleys comments were dumb.

Reply #776651 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Thanks Zodiac - very good crowds indeed!

Reply #776652 | Report this post

Krazy  
Years ago

Didn't mind the sheep shaggers top.

Griffin very good, just needs to stay out of foul trouble. Not sure where all the hate for him came from. Moore being aggressive in getting to the basket, be nice to see this consistently.

Barrel-boy 'Aylan’ again terrible with the video review.

Loved the half time prize of a trip to Europe, hopefully they do more lol. Decent crowd in the sterile environment of the AEC but it will never rock like Titanium unfortunately.

Reply #776656 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The 'hate' came for Griffin defensively and he’s still a turnstile despite his big game offensively.
No point carving the opposition up for 20 if you let in 30

Reply #776661 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Griffin is awful defensively and gave up a comical amount of rebounds. As said by others, having a good offensive game is for nothing if you give up as many points down the other end, and that's the case all year for him. It doesn’t help he makes silly fouls, even against NZ his charges I could call about 5 seconds before they happen, he is totally predictable.

We can be all happy about a ridiculous shooting night against a severely undermanned team that at best was around 36ers mark when at full talent, but it won’t do much for making 4th spot playing like that against tougher opposition.

I just don’t think DJ and Griffin work for Adelaide, there’s no defence and not enough rebounding. Froling has regressed a lot, perhaps if Adelaide had a more defensive minded import, Froling could take that role having more of the ball offensively that will see him get back on track to what he was last year.

Drmic has been terrific offensively and defensively this year, big improvement for a guy who has been talented but not able to fully put together level headed and accurate shooting games in past seasons.

Randle still needs to learn how to move the ball offensively during stagnant times - holding onto the ball for 20 seconds and driving/shooting into a block or passing the ball out is not "elite offence"

Extremely happy with how the 36ers played against NZ but it was an undermanned NZ which papers over a lot of Adelaide cracks

Reply #776665 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The team has a roster that should finish 4th-7th

The result was expected. Pretty much all of Adelaide's results have been. They don't have enough weapons to compete with the very best but are a decent middle of the road team.

Best case scenario they finish 4th, worst case 7th.

yesterdays win was impressive but would have been a totally different game had Webster not been injured or Ashley in foul trouble. Both were looking ominous when on the court.

Griffin is a defensive beast when he applies himself (refer last play v Brisbane against Singler). He is consciously trying to avoid fouls but his gone too far and some efforts appear meek when he wont even apply a contest at the rim. Having him come off the bench is a great move, avoids having him on 2 fouls 5 minutes into the first quarter and gives the second unit some offensive punch.

Reply #776686 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

After Hampton scored 15 points and five assists for the Breakers in their 17-point loss to the Sixers at the Adelaide Entertainment Centre, Wright said Adelaide came close to getting the prized signature of the 18-year-old 196cm point guard.

"We really set the wheels to get RJ," Wright said.

“We pretty much locked it up, it was a done deal and we lost that at the last minute.

“It's a long story.”

Reply #776694 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

KET, that simply is not true. I have read on here multiple times that Joey simply does not want a next stars player, and if he did he would have his pick of the litter, since he basically invented the concept.

Reply #776695 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Anonymous poster vs Joey Wright

Reply #776697 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No, hoops.com.au vs Joey Wright. Wright is just a Sixers basher

Reply #776699 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

It's a known fact Joey was very instrumental in bringing Hampton to the NBL sucks that it didn't work out for the Sixers and I'm sure RJ and his people are regretting the decision to go to the Breakers.

Reply #776700 | Report this post

Annonn  
Years ago

Joey wright photos with family and RJ family, obvious they are close

Reply #776708 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have a photo of me and my son with LeBron James, but I didn't realize that it made it obvious that we are close.

Reply #776710 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How is it a well known fact he was instrumental? And if that is true, it says a whole lot about Joey and the Sixers culture that despite all those positives and planted relationships, players still choose to avoid that organization and go elsewhere. Not a great sign despite what you are trying to spin.

Reply #776711 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Because it is?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2842196-rj-hampton-has-learned-his-lessons-well

Reply #776721 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:27 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754