anonny
Years ago

Cairns need to re-sign Cam Oliver and Scott Machado ASAP

Enough said

Topic #46446 | Report this topic

koberulz  
Years ago

Both players would be idiots to sign anything Cairns put in front of them right now. They'll get offers Cairns can't match once they're free agents.

Reply #777653 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cairns just a feeder team for Brisbane. Maybe MU as well.

Reply #777657 | Report this post

robt  
Years ago

Pity, but the truth!

Reply #777659 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Machado to Perth
Oliver to nz
Newbill to Adelaide

Reply #777660 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^yeah they do

Reply #777663 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cairns pay there imports ok, it would be disappointing if the three didn't stick together.

Reply #777668 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

then they'll wind up at other teams where they don't get the minutes and the coaches aren't running every offence through them because there are other stars who also want to stuff their stat sheets. happens nearly every time a smaller team gets a superstar and they move for money.

Reply #777672 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are they any good? Can Sydney get them? Get it done Will!

Reply #777677 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Getting on board the Cairns band wagon.

Ignoring Sydney for the moment, Cairns must be close to the best import trio in the league. And their bigs are so versatile.

Great credit to them. I hope all of Australia gets behind them when they take on Sydney for the title.

Reply #777700 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it could happen id Noi get drafted theres a nba buyout worth 500,000

Reply #777704 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Hard to imagine a more efficient pair than Machado and Newbill. Throw in Oliver (little moe up and down) and you have a competitive team regardless of local talent. Re-sign makes eminent sense.

Reply #777706 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No way Machado goes to Brisbane unless Lemanis is fired, and the love affair with Cadee, Sobey and Gliddon finally ends. This is a point guards league and Brisbane rank last in that category. Andrej still wants his "coaching" to be the focus point, where you just need to swallow your pride and hand the keys to the car to your elite PG.

Reply #777714 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lemanis has 3 Boomers point guards in Sobey, Cadee, and Gliddon.

Reply #777835 | Report this post

Homicide's Sauce  
Years ago

"Lemanis has 3 Boomers point guards"

Not any more ...

How on earth is Lemanis going to recruit scrubs now, when he can't give away Boomers roles like party-favours

Reply #777854 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Recruitment won't be an issue for Lemanis soon when he's out of a job.

Reply #777885 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting with Machado - Perth, Syd, MelbU all are pretty rock solid with the import guard spots so i doubt he goes to any of those teams. This could be a really good opportunity for Cairns to resign him.

Adelaide, SEMleb, Illawarra all wont have the huge budgets to lure him and I think Brisbane will continue to run with Sobey Cadee and Gliddon - the aussie guard rotation.

Oliver will be tough to keep tho - a lot of teams were chasing him in the offseason so you'd think he would be looking around again

Reply #777919 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

A comment was made in another thread that Oliver made the right choice in Cairns ahead of Perth.
I'm in two minds over that comment.

I think he made the right choice at the time. As a young guy who's only played G-League, he (and his advisors) would have looked at Perth and thought "if I'm lucky I get 20 minutes a game, if I struggle early I could be relegated to the bench, and could end op losing minutes to Majook, Vague, and Wagstaff." Whereas I'm practically guaranteed more minutes at Cairsn, and the opportunity to showcase my ability.
I think for a young guy looking to kickstart a pro career, starring for Cairns is always a better option that struggling at Perth.

But as it turns out, he would have done fantastically well at Perth. He would have been exactly the player Hunt was meant to be. Cats would've finished 1st, he'd have been 1st team, and would be on target for a ring.

Be interesting to see if Cairns can generate enough cash to hold onto some of their stars next season.

Reply #794383 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Machado , it's cairns, Melbourne, Perth or NZ.

Reply #794384 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:40 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754