Isaac
Years ago

Status of Dante Exum

He's been playing since November 19 and seems to be hitting the court most games. Averaging 8 MPG and 2.2 PPG. I assume it's not a minutes restriction, just struggling to crack the rotation or prove himself in those minutes? Who's getting his minutes? Mudiay?

Topic #46479 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

He has to be due for a trade. I'd forgotten all about him to be honest!

Reply #778755 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not making the Olympic team imo.

Simmons, Delly and mills will run point.

Reply #778756 | Report this post

cosby  
Years ago

Draft Bust

Reply #778758 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nbl bound, less pressure on him, will improve over here I think.

Reply #778759 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is signed to a $9.1M dollar contract for this season and next.

Reply #778762 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

looking alot like a bust but really needs a good run of health.

Exum is hard to trade due to the contract he signed but its fair to say at this stage his team did a great job creating mystery at the draft to get him so high on boards and get picked where he did but the Jazz screwed the pooch with the contract they signed him to.

Reply #778769 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jazz ended up with Jingles because of Exum though so they wouldn't regret it.

Reply #778772 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't see guys like Exum/Oden as busts. They get drafted based on what they are at that time. Then they get career altering injuries, that’s just life being a bitch of a thing.

A bust for me, is we drafted you, you’re healthy and now we play you, and you’re terrible. That’s a bust. These guys aren’t busts, just had a dream altered.

Reply #778773 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

100% #773

Reply #778777 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Exum was a great draft mystery...didn't play for a year before he was drafted and that intrigue really helped his stock.

The Jazz made the wrong all signing him to that crazy deal but all power to Dante for getting his money.

Hopefully he can stick in the league and get another deal and court time if not a great deal in the NBL awaits!

Reply #778796 | Report this post

woody  
Years ago

Hoe bad has Delly been seriously I hate to say it but he will be out of the NBA if he keeps shooting 8% from 3.

Reply #778798 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exum, Deladova, Maker, none of them playing except for garbage minutes. Exum was coming off the bench for vic metro only a year before he was drafted, hardly a ringing endorsement.

Reply #778810 | Report this post

Enough years have now passed to declare him a bust. Credit to Utah for sticking with him most teams would have given up by now. Yes injuries have ruined his career to date and stopping him reaching pull potential. Should have never been drafted so high at #5 but nba is obsessed with potential not actual past form. A player with his attributes teams think they can harness it like bucks with giannis.

Delly never had the height or talent for the nba and it's a credit to his commitment and hard work his carved out the career he has one we are all envious of no doubt. Found himself in a great situation with lebron hasn’t been much chop since

Reply #778946 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Oof

Reply #778949 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hasn't got on the court in last two outings, and barely any minutes when he does. Makur getting a few minutes in garbage time.

Are they unlucky or not that good.

Reply #780490 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nbl time surely within 2 years.

Reply #780497 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Dude just got traded for Jordan Clarkson to the Cav's

Exum to play some big mins in the G League before hitting the NBL

Reply #782317 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:59 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754