Top End Baller
Years ago

Darwin Basketball Association - imploding!!

All weekend league games cancelled!!
"Reason" - Poor behaviour from its fans and players towards match officials.

DBA CEO then has one of her employees who happens to be an import who also plays for one of the league teams which is at the centre of this problem, front the media instead of taking control of the situation herself.

Weak? Maybe, Hiding? Possibly,
Either way, not how a true CEO should act?

Real reasons??
1. Half the players & officials are away at the AIB tournament in Cairns and it was just easier to break for Christmas a week earlier. ( not sure why this was not obvious weeks ago)
2. DBA management have let the problem become so bad through mismanagement and hiding behind the problem, it was just easier to blame someone else.
3. DBA CEO had a really big weekend planned for her personal ice cream business.
4. Absolute burnout from everyone due to season timings and double seasons with no break!!

The place is falling apart and serious questions need to be asked of the DBA board and it's so called CEO.

Topic #46535 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I mean, can we really expect too much from a barely third-tier competition run by inept basketball staff

Reply #780473 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sounds like an inept CEO. Anyone know what salary she is on?

Reply #780487 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This reads like a bitchy group message on a closed Facebook group for upper-middle class mums.

Reply #780552 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The OP really needs to calm down.

Reply #780557 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Situation normal.

It is League, the refs doing the games should have the skills to move trouble makers on. If they don't, consider extra training.

Reply #780573 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Local comp breaking a week early for Christmas cause most of the league is away at a carnival interstate? And this is news? Haha Jesus slow day.

Reply #780593 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No, it's extremely serious - The comp is imploding!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #780597 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yawn. Big scary generalisations riddled with trigger words like implodeing don't usually rile people up on this forum. This is par for the course every day here.

Reply #780601 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isnt she still living off bundy basketball assoc money?

Reply #780976 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Keep up the fight mate, doesn't matter if people on here don’t think it’s important enough to have a thread about it or nt basketball is too small to give a sh;t about.
People in high position’s need to be held accountable when taking advantage of their privileged situation’s.

Reply #781278 | Report this post

JW  
Years ago

I just stumbled across this and all I can say is wow. If you are talking about the CEO of basketball then you are not talking about the person I know. How great are people who sit behind "anonymous posts" and make nasty accusations.

Well did you know that I'm sitting in a hospital bed right now in Brisbane receiving chemo for bone cancer while my little families lives fall apart. In the late hours of the evening when she is not dealing with day to day duties of her extremely challenging role, she has organised a fundraiser that has raised 8k to save my house, pay our bills and most importantly give my 2 young kids a Christmas! She has saved my family for the 4 months the medical teams need to save my life! I did not ask nor expect this of her. I went to her because she has been a great emotional support in the past to me.

I dont know what kind of person you think she is but if it's anything but amazing you are wrong.

Reply #781417 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

She may be a good fundraiser but the OP is questioning her handling and management of the structure of the competition. Two entirely separate issues.

Reply #781418 | Report this post

JW  
Years ago

I believe in OP and some comment there was question of her character. That was which I was speaking too.

Reply #781428 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Two entirely separate issues."

They are separate issues but the evidence provided by OP in this and the other thread is pretty flimsy so I'm happy to hear the other side of the story. OP has an axe to grind it seems.

Reply #781429 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:49 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754