Bigdog
Years ago

Breakers- Bush fire

I believe breakers plus ownership donated $26k to the bushfires.

Great work from the club.

Topic #46669 | Report this topic

mystro  
Years ago

They're also donating a portion of the ticket sales from their home game against the Bullets to the Bushfire appeal and staff will be going through the crowd collecting donations.

Reply #784745 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes great work, all the tosses on here bagging their every move a bit silent.

Reply #784772 | Report this post

Bigdog  
Years ago

Yeah that is why I posted it.

1 month ago journalists I had never heard of were doing chicken little the world is ending re the breakers

I think Matt Walsh and breakers have done great.

Reply #784792 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I think Walsh has had a very ordinary season and has made a lot of mistakes but recently locking up Dan Shamir & Mody Maor long-term, the addition by subtraction Webster situation, the on court of play since of the team and now this bushfire donation goes a long way towards righting the ship.

Reply #784794 | Report this post

Bigdog  
Years ago

For me, he made more far worse decisions last year. Long term fans NZ know what I am talking about.

This year it was blown out of proportion. New Nz fans, uninformed media and fans from other aussie clubs all jumped in.

Coupled with some bad luck, For example most knowledgeable long term fans understood glen rice and why he was chosen. We knew there was a risk, but figured business is often about having a crack and are okay with that.

Anyway, point is things we never as bad as what many made out.

Reply #784820 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Massive effort from the breakers thank you very much nz

Reply #785112 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Agreed Bigdog Walsh releasing Webster shows he is making better decisions. In fact it could be the turning point of the season.

Reply #785182 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BIgdog "Long term fans NZ know what I am talking about." Us non KIwi fans don't know what you are talking about, please elaborate.

Reply #785211 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:09 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754