James Harvey fan
Years ago

Women’s 3x3 team named for Olympic qualifiers

The Australian women's 3x3 team has announced its squad for the upcoming FIBA 3x3 Olympic Qualifying Tournament (OQT) to be held in India from the 18th to the 22nd of March 2020.

The following players and staff have the opportunity to represent Australia at the first 3x3 OQT:

Rebecca Cole - Southside Flyers
Maddie Garrick – Melbourne Boomers
Keely Froling – Canberra Capitals
Kelsey Griffin – Canberra Capitals
Lauren Nicholson – Adelaide Lightening

Topic #46928 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Geez, maybe Nicholson given the flick already from 5x5.

Reply #794249 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bec Allen???

Reply #794279 | Report this post

MartyS  
Years ago

So glad Kelsey Griffin made the team. Hope the team qualifies, and Kelsey has the chance to be an Olympian(hopefully with a medal as well!)

Reply #794294 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Yeah, I like it too. She's done a lot for the Opals only to be bumped aside once everyone is available so this is cool. I look forward to seeing her in the 3x3 format - I think it will suit her.

Reply #794295 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think one of those 4 will be cut before the actual qualifiers, because you are normally only allowed 4 players on a 3x3 team.

Reply #794300 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

they wont all go, only 5 permitted on a team, though they may take a reserve incase of injury if thats permitted?

Kelsey Griffin, hmmm whilst shes a great player, shes also riddled with injuries, 3x3 is tough going on your body, especially one thats that broken down.

Nicholson wont get a look in for the Opals Im guessing as Ohea will be ready by then. Brondello didnt use her anyway, but Nicolson, Garrick AND Cole on one 3x3 team, cant see many plays other than driving to the basket, Kunek may come back into that as a bigger player too, so be interesting to see just who ends up actually making the team, think Cole is the only guaranteed spot.

Reply #794303 | Report this post

I'm tipping that Kunek if fit will be selected again for sure. She has been outstanding in the 3x3 format. Sandy should take her instead of Talbot.

Reply #794644 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Kunek stated that Sandy told her "there are 3 automatic starters in the 3 spot before her"

Reply #794645 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At the moment...
SF

Allen / Ohea / Kunek / Talbot / Blicavs

Reply #794646 | Report this post

Spot on  
Years ago

Yep, would have to agree with the last post

Reply #794710 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:03 pm, Thu 2 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754