KET  
Years ago

Oh Jesus.

Dirty.Laundry.Public.

Don't.Do.It.

Reply #795444 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

Suddenly I'm a fan of Kevin White. Sucks anus on the basketball court but says interesting shit on Twitter that will amuse me greatly for this morning. Thanks Kev!

Reply #795445 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Fair enough.
Must be super frustrating having only one side of the story getting air time. Especially when the other side of the story looks like that.

Are people shocked by this? Not many, I'm guessing.

Reply #795446 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Wow. I am a little surprised by

- White going public with this

- That message from Wright is a little OTT, yes? Even for a seemingly emotional guy like him.

Reply #795447 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Kevin's clearly not the sharpest tool in the shed. Does he honestly think this makes look Joey look bad and not him? We all know what he thinks of the imports & Froling they quit on him during the season.

Not a good look for Kev White first getting shown the door by the Hawks despite being the captain of the club now this after Joey and the club have already parted ways.

Reply #795448 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If White knew all this particularly the Sobey incident why would he go play for him the very next season?!

Reply #795449 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There's absolutely nothing wrong with what Kev did. Toxic culture like this needs to be exposed. In this day and age you cant tell people you hope some of your players hang themselves. Joey is a certified wanker and we've known that all along. The amount of people who still defend him on here is ridiculous.

Reply #795450 | Report this post

Change  
Years ago

Fair enough speaking out on this kind of bully coach behaviour however one question
Why didn't Kevin speak up sooner for team mates?
Especially as captain

Reply #795453 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not defending Joey but pretty ridiculous White claiming to be about culture then goes and signs with this toxic club and coach the very next season

Reply #795454 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon maybe he was filled in upon arrival! I'm really impressed with white for exposing this stuff. Rumours have been going on for years that wright is an old school bully type, quite frankly that group txt is as disgusting as it gets from a manager type. It’s the sales pitch he wants the public to see, but this reality is all to real.

Reply #795455 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah you got a coach talking about hanging players. Good on ya Kev. Let's hope everyone reads this and potentail clubs NEVER hire Wright again. Piece of dog shit.

Reply #795457 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks like that other thread about Joey might've been true

Reply #795458 | Report this post

Pippen  
Years ago

Zodiac are you high? Or are you Joey! Both perhaps...

Reply #795460 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Which player did Joey assault last year? Assuming this is why sobey left

Reply #795462 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That'll end Joeys Teaxs gig lol

Reply #795463 | Report this post

Bill Beaver  
Years ago

The crux of the issue is the comment regarding suicide as well as the blatant disregard for mental health awareness.

A bad coach/good human being > good coach/poor human being, any day. 500 or 50 games

Poor form Mr Wright. I hope the effect of this affects your future employment prospects tremendously, as it should.

Reply #795464 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Clean out the coaching staff from top to bottom. They all profess their love of Joey, then YOU are just as culpable as him.
True colours coming out now......
Never seen anything like this before.
The club is a basketcase right now.

Reply #795465 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Shame on you, Kevin, for accepting a contract that prolonged your career - a career that many contend shouldn't have eventuated in the first place.

SHAME!!!

Reply #795466 | Report this post

Triton 26  
Years ago

So Joey was in line for a College job wasn't he? He'd want to hope they don't read this.
Who were the 'High performance' people referenced in the texts, and who gave Kevin the screenshot as he wouldn't have been part of this group...

Lot's of interesting wrinkles in this.

Reply #795467 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Rich of Kevin White to air this laundry when he's extremely fortunate to have an NBL gig at all.

Reply #795469 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thats a bit more than dirty laundry. You can't defend this shit, that is some odd shit to say. How could White possibly have known what the culture etc was like until he was apart of it!?

Good for him, actually being a leader and defending his TEAM MATES! It may cost him his contract, and considering he's defending guys who aren't even returning, that's an amazing feat in my books.

Joey can got collect more bottles after reading this.

Reply #795470 | Report this post

Pippen  
Years ago

Anyone bagging White is as toxic as Joey. Took some serious balls to expose this behaviour.

Reply #795472 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

"Not defending Joey but pretty ridiculous White claiming to be about culture then goes and signs with this toxic club and coach the very next season"

1) Do you think he necessarily knew how toxic the culture was when he signed?
2) Do you think there were any other takers for him anyway?

"Which player did Joey assault last year? Assuming this is why sobey left"

I've had Ken Cole confirm to me that yes, Sobey.

"Rich of Kevin White to air this laundry when he's extremely fortunate to have an NBL gig at all.

"

I disagree. Yeah, he shouldn't be in the NBL, but does that mean he shouldn't let his experience with a coach that is bagging the team out be known?

"The crux of the issue is the comment regarding suicide as well as the blatant disregard for mental health awareness.

"

Yeah his comments on suicide were inappropriate. I can understand him being careless about mental wellbeing to some extent, especially if he thinks the players are petulant and lazy. But having said that, unprofessional to the max.

Reply #795473 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Rich of Kevin White to air this laundry when he's extremely fortunate to have an NBL gig at all."

How are those two things related?

Reply #795474 | Report this post

Pippen  
Years ago

"Not defending Joey but pretty ridiculous White claiming to be about culture then goes and signs with this toxic club and coach the very next season" = victim blaming

Reply #795475 | Report this post

The 36ers have just put out a brief statement saying they'll investigate White's claims as part of the ongoing review of the club. Probably the fastest response to a crisis in recent memory, usually they let it fester for a few weeks until the walls are caving in and the whole shit-show is beyond repair. Maybe that has already occurred in this instance though?

Reply #795478 | Report this post

After coaching 500 NBL games and winning only 1 ship, I really had the perception that Joey Wright was AT LEAST a players coach... evidently not. What is going on in Adelaide!

Reply #795479 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The club wanted Joey gone for a reason. Its not so much as what is going on with Adelaide, they're trying to build a culture, its what is going on with Joey Wright!? Who says stuff like that in a position of power?

Reply #795480 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

"The 36ers have just put out a brief statement saying they'll investigate White's claims as part of the ongoing review of the club. Probably the fastest response to a crisis in recent memory, usually they let it fester for a few weeks until the walls are caving in and the whole shit-show is beyond repair. Maybe that has already occurred in this instance though?"

I think it's because the accusations are extremely damaging. But let's be real, there's no investigation to be had. The club would already know all of this. They know Joey hit Sobey. They'd know his attitude to the players. This is just another "investigation" in name only.

Reply #795481 | Report this post

Looking Forward  
Years ago

Does Ben Fitzsimons have any role at the 6ers?

Reply #795484 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I said here a year ago..'Seven news understands due to the Sobey-Wright relationship, which included physical in NZ, it is best for Sobey to leave.'

Reply #795486 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wonder if they'll try and use this to avoid paying him out? Surely this would be against his contract as how a coach should conduct his own behaviour? This type of thing would've been detrimental to the team chemistry? Never easy to do any job when you know/suspect the boss doesn't like you, let alone not like the majority of the team!

Reply #795487 | Report this post

Vodka63  
Years ago

Isn't he the best developer of talent in the NBL? Lol

Reply #795488 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Does being a Joey stan count as a role?

Reply #795489 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So which member of that group chat leaked this to the players?

I can't see KB, Darren or Janx leaking it for different reasons.

All this tells me is that Joey had someone who he couldn't trust working against him.

Reply #795490 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If the club knew Sobey was hit then whomever knew about it needs to go as well. Silence is agreeance it's ok.
Hit someone at work and see what happens.

Reply #795491 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure what the Sixers can do they've already parted ways with him

Reply #795492 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Joey really that good as a coach anyway. Only won one title with Brisbane with a ridiculously stacked team

Reply #795493 | Report this post

There have been plenty of players in the past that have said they enjoyed playing for him. While its hard to say whether that's the truth or not you'd assume at least some are true. Something definitely changed after last season though. As a fan you could see it, feel it, sense it at the games. The members around us at the games all had Joey pegged as gone by mid-season. He didn't look like he wanted to be there, there was something not right. If the coach isn't in it any more then everything else is going to fall down around it and that's what happened. I don't know what happened, only those in the middle of it do. There are two sides to the story and the truth is somewhere in the middle and whatever it is, it's not pretty for anyone. Taking on all information and comparing to some of the past seasons, it definitely looks like a low-key mental breakdown from the coach this year and he's gone rogue and the team has given up under duress. Mistreating players is never okay, and in this day and age you can't be throwing out jibes about suicide even if it's in a private group and you are of the belief that people are "being funny" and reporting low well-being scores for a joke or to wind people up.

Reply #795494 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joey hasn't done anything wrong in my opinion. No doubt the line about hoping players hang themselves will get blown out of proportion by social
Justice warriors.

Players are a bit soft these days...

Reply #795495 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If players don't listen to the coach, they should be shown the door. White should have spoke up at the time and not back stab him now. I don’t know if Wright wacked Sobey or not but what I can see is that Sobey was crap before he got there and his hero ball in Brisbane this season cost them games.

Wright has done the correct thing and moved on, all assistant coaches, fitness staff and most of the team should also go, starting with White.

Which coach will want to go there to coach. Better get Goregeon, he won’t cop the crap.

Reply #795496 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

White wasn't going to say it, UNTIL, Joeys little interview yesterday were he politely backstabbed the entire roster.

Reply #795497 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"So which member of that group chat leaked this to the players?"

Kevin was part of the group chat.

Reply #795498 | Report this post

Triton 26  
Years ago

Wasn't White a part of the playing roster? Why would he be in the coaches chat group?

Reply #795499 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Is Joey really that good as a coach anyway. Only won one title with Brisbane with a ridiculously stacked team

Exactly - and he's finally been exposed. I would like to see ADL follow NZB in hiring a European coach. I'm sick of these joke local and American coaches who swim in our shallow coaching pool. One or two are always bound to look good against the rest.

Reply #795500 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

White as team captain was part of the leadership group chat with the coaching staff and manager.

Reply #795501 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

... as the player's representative.

Joey was extremely naive thinking there would be no retaliation to his comments.

Reply #795502 | Report this post

Whilst if true this comment from Joey is totally out of line in today society, lets put some context around it. By Feb 14 Joey knows his effectively been sacked. No doubt these 4 players he would attribute a great deal of blame for that as well, now his being asked to go check on the players his fallen out with?

Joey has come out and said there were players / coaches and admin undermining him at the club. I think we need to check Joeys mental state to be honest, doesn't sound like his been in a good place for the majority of this year. In the end they made his position untenable but he certainly is a good coach and did a lot for the club. Its sad its come to this but the writing was on the wall 12 months ago, even 24 months ago when management would not pay to retain Childress and Shorter, instead giving Joey a minimum wage to find an import. Not to mention the Creek debacle. its been setback after setback, a lot of it admin and owner related but hopefully the club can get some clean air now and get back on track.

Reply #795503 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That wasn't White, that was KB that was part of the group chat.

Reply #795504 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hopefully the club had some idea what they were doing and have not paid him out a cent.

let him try and chase them for the money. not sure he would have wanted to go down that path given this.

its disgusting.

he might want to re think staying in adelaide this year as he suggeted he would do.

not fan of kev white on court by any means but this took some balls.well done.

now which coach leaked it to him? it was the message that gave the balance stories some credibility.

Reply #795505 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

I stand corrected.

So someone leaked it? Thus gets better and better.

Reply #795506 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

This*

Reply #795507 | Report this post

Eagle  
Years ago

Basket case club, hope they go bankrupt, get rid of the 36rs and have a team from the ACT and Tassie, p.s go Wildcats now that's a real team with a real culture

Reply #795508 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Eagle, be a man and use your real name!

Reply #795509 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Piece of shit Eagle. 36ers deserve to be in the comp just as much as your pathetic over spending Wildcats

Reply #795512 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Be a man and use your real name.
Lol I wonder how many posters use theirs.

Reply #795513 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow good luck attracting decent free agents Adelaide.

Reply #795514 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kevin White would not have been part of that group chat. That would have been assistant coaches, fitness guy and maybe team manager. Now one of them has seen fit to leak it. and seeing Joey's name is now trending on twitter, it's fair to say it's gone global.
So somebody in that group has tried to distance themselves from Joey Wright. I'm sorry but all are guilty by association. That's what happens when regimes change. Everybody goes, you can't run with the fox and hunt with the hounds. Only a total cleanout now is appropriate.

Reply #795515 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

wow Joey not getting a job anytime soon.

Guess a name change back to Joseph Wright perhaps!

Reply #795516 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are people really defending Joey Wright here?

Reply #795517 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No nbl club will waste time on Wright now.
Twerp.

Reply #795519 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was being sarcastic towards Eagle for previous requests and whinging from them about anon not using real names.

Joey Wright vaunt be defended on this. Its out there, its real, players body language now makes more sense to me from this past season.

Reply #795520 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Coaches that want to sign Kevin White now = 0

Reply #795523 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That may be true, hence why it was so incredibly big of him to do the right thing!

Reply #795524 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

To be fair, the number of coaches that want to sign Kevin White has probably not altered after this scandal.

Reply #795525 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Welp this become an implosion.

Reply #795527 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Low dog who ever leaked the group chat. There was obviously issues there players werent happy and Joey wasn't happy. Pretty sure I heard a coach tell a ref for another ref for someone to pull their head outta their arse recently. It is a high emotion sport. Things happen things are said. But you have to have trust in the people around you and whoever leaked that group chat isn't someone to be trusted. It just throws more shit on the club all the players and some players in particular the management the nbl and achieved nothing more that trying to kick joey in the backside on the way out. Same goes for Kevin White who is he anyway

Reply #795528 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who owns the mobile number in the screenshot

Reply #795530 | Report this post

Triton 26  
Years ago

Ring it and find out?? Will probably go to a voicemail and that might reveal it.

Reply #795532 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As a former professional athlete this type of conversation between coaching staff is certainly nothing unusual at all and would happen on a daily basis especially if a team/players were under-performing. I've heard a hell of a lot worse from coaching staff you would all know and respect.
How this private internal discussion between the coaching staff became public is really disturbing and could easily go legal.
Particulary when White was not at the Club when the Sobey incident occurred so his version is hearsay.

Reply #795533 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not much worse that can be said than hoping players kill themselves. Sorry, but focussing on the leak and not the words used is part of the problem.

Reply #795535 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

So many people are missing the point here.

Joey on his way out has questioned the character of 4 players (who he named) If you've tried your hardest to get them to buy in then fair enough.

Its coming out now he hasn't tried his hardest to get them to buy in for what ever reason.

You cannot discuss with anyone people hanging themselves. It doesn't matter if it comes out or not.

If joey didn't publicly name these players he may have got away with it, but he did mention them and now he's getting what he deserves.

Reply #795536 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not saying Kevin White is a great player but people shouldn't be bagging him.
Wright has issues it seems.

Reply #795537 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

The NBL is aware of comments made by Adelaide 36ers co-captain Kevin White on social media today. The league takes the matter very seriously and is working closely with the Adelaide 36ers and the Australian Basketball Players' Association to seek further information.

https://nbl.com.au/news/kevin-white-statement

Reply #795539 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A lot worse is said in many of these threads and no doubt in some of your text messages to friends.
Put your big pants on if you want to comment on an internal conversation between coaches and note he said it was too harsh with a smiley face.
Fair chance your family members talk about cousins flippantly, and never in front of the cousins etc

Reply #795540 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

phone number in the screenshot is Andrew Jantke - 3rd AC of 36ers

Reply #795541 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

'Missing the point' The point is Joey was calling them out all year! Go to the video tape please, I loved hearing Joey speak to the media because there was no B/S, if Griffin was playing bad he would say so, same with Harry. Saying what he said as he left was simply saying what he was saying all year.

Reply #795542 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Love the no names on here bagging White out. Classless. White is a hard nosed player and has a gig. You shit heads sit behind you keyboards and don't have once ounce of psorting talent and probably centrelink recipients. These Boards are detriorating rapidly.

Reply #795546 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Yet he never called out DJ'S defence or Obi not being able to hit a shot. His guys.
He bullied the owners guy/s.
He needed to stop going on about it after the season finished.

Facts are you cannot disscus someone hoping to kill themselves on any platform.

Reply #795547 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

"A lot worse is said in many of these threads and no doubt in some of your text messages to friends."

Yes, true. There's a huge difference between that and a chat group directly tied back to your place of employment. Not just a moral difference either, but a legal and regulatory difference too.

Reply #795548 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"A lot worse is said in many of these threads and no doubt in some of your text messages to friends."

I've never told anyone, friend or random internet person, to kill themselves.

Reply #795551 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

"I've never told anyone, friend or random internet person, to kill themselves."

And to be fair, neither did Wright. He said it to a collection of colleagues, which is not much better, but there is a distinction.

Reply #795553 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so what you're saying its ok to say that to your friends and family but you can't to fellow coaches in a private discussion?
the hypocrisy is dripping from your keyboard

Reply #795554 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kev White is a man of integrity and this is a courageous effort to stand up for what he feels is right and for his team mates. I've always felt that Joey was a thug and a bully and this confirms that.

Reply #795555 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Geee tough one ... not something you should commit to writing in a text message and certainly not something that should be said. But White could be in abit of shit here for sharing that information publicly.

My understanding is if he was in the group chat and shared it he would be fine, but because the message was not addressed to him and he has shared it he might be in for abit of legal trouble.

Reply #795556 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Joey was asked a question he would tell it like it is, how are you people let alone White exactly upset Joey told it they way he has been telling it all year?

Reply #795557 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joey on SEN interview has named who he believes leaked the chat.

Reply #795558 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Joey on SEN interview has named who he believes leaked the chat."

Who?

Reply #795560 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joeys answer as he left showed integrity as he was saying the same thing all year both publicly and to his players.
White obviously knew of the incident with Sobey but still signed with the Sixers, as Captain he decides to expose internal communications, as Captain he could've done a lot more to work through this when it was happening, his comments as the Coach has left possibly crippling his future as a coach are disturbing, to me this shows zero integrity from White.
Perhaps White and players can show their internal messages about Joey, sound fair?

Reply #795561 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Listen to it. I don't want to name the person. Want this thread to stay open and not be locked due to legal issues.

Reply #795562 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doesn't matter who leaked it. If you're a new coach coming in, would you trust any of the assistants now?
Did any of the assistants at the time say 'hold on Joey, that's a bit out of line'. I'd suggest not.
All are happy to put on their resume '36er NBL assistant coach', but go silent when their boss gets caught out.
Silence is agreeance. But maybe the coach hired them because they would say nothing. Hmmmm......

Reply #795564 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"so what you're saying its ok to say that to your friends and family but you can't to fellow coaches in a private discussion?
the hypocrisy is dripping from your keyboard"

No, actually not what I said at all. What I was saying is that people write all kinds of shit in group chats with their friends, but it's not the same as writing that in a group chat with colleagues.

Reply #795566 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

^ me

Reply #795567 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Kevin's clearly not the sharpest tool in the shed. Does he honestly think this makes look Joey look bad and not him?)

Lol look Joey look
How sharp are you?

Reply #795570 | Report this post

Pippen  
Years ago

What did thug life have to say on SEN in defence of his wish that players suffering from mental health issues kill themself?

Reply #795571 | Report this post

Pippen  
Years ago

What did thug life have to say on SEN in defence of his wish that players suffering from mental health issues kill themself?

Reply #795572 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haha what a clusterfuck!

Reply #795573 | Report this post

Pete  
Years ago

Glad Kevin put this out there.

Imagine I abused and insulted the people that work with me and my organisation blamed them?

Reply #795574 | Report this post

Pete  
Years ago

* and assaulted

Reply #795575 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting that DD which I assume is Daniel Dillon is mentioned. Joey only bagged 4 players publicly previously. Griffin, Randle, Moore and Froling. The plot thickens.....
I might just add here, that with maybe the exception of Randle, Wright recruited these players. HE chose them. HE is responsible.
Take ownership of this clusterf*ck, and maybe salvage a shred of dignity.

Reply #795576 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is more to the screenshot chat than shows in the pic above. Where it clearly shows wright was joking about that comment but none the less pretty pissed off with those 4 players. Hope white has some good lawyers as he has gone out of his was to the affect the future earnings of the ex coach. Ie made comments deliberately to damage the future of coach.

Reply #795577 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haha thanks for that input Joey. You have to be smarter than to write such disgusting things amongst work colleagues. Shows how arrogant and untouchable one must've felt.

Reply #795587 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

noted no comments from Corey Williams, Shane Heal or the other social media warriors associated with the NBL ... all gone very quite on this topic !

Reply #795588 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does this happen at other NBL clubs?
After 2 weeks break I started to forget about the NBL, this is big advertising for the finals.
He almost released this info on a hoops.com thread 2 weeks ago but it was taken down, it's not the best thing for the NBL but it still needs a platform to be exposed, no one should suffer work place bullying and if he didn’t say anything it would have continued at the next team. I hope Joey can get the help he needs and can get on with his life, and I feel bad for Adelaide, they were a top 4 team this year at least Adelaide can build for a bright future now.

Reply #795589 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joey Wright has named Sixers' assistant coach Darren Golley as the source of the leak, saying on SEN radio that he was "a disgruntled coach".

Source:

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/02/28/ex-adelaide-36ers-coach-responds-to-explosive-allegations-by-co-captain/

Reply #795594 | Report this post

Splinky  
Years ago

Adam Tatalovich says "Hi!"!

Reply #795595 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You mean the assistant coach that Joey Wright hired himself??

Reply #795597 | Report this post

slick  
Years ago

Joey is a moron for saying what he did on the group chat.
there is also a stack of morons on this forum defending him.
This complaint isn't coming from a rookie player, its coming from a senior player who mentions there's been issues for a while.
The person who leaked the group chat did a good thing alerting players of what their coach is saying about them behind their back. No matter how much of an issue you have with a person, wishing they hang themselves is a disgrace, especially when referencing young players who you are responsible for their development.
people on this forum having a go at the leak are also morons.
this club has been a shambles for years, they need a massive clean out, all coaches, fitness coaches, social media people need to be replaced, its a bush league club at the moment.

Reply #795598 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"he has shared it he might be in for abit of legal trouble."

What legal trouble could he be in??

Reply #795601 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not buying it was Darren Golley. He's not in that chat group. Easy target to throw him under the bus. Maybe look at who WAS in that group.......

Reply #795602 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some fans must only see Joey through rose coloured glasses.

Reply #795609 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will be interesting to see how Boti and Fitz spin this shitshow.

Reply #795611 | Report this post

slick  
Years ago

fitz defending him on twitter, probably on him here as well

Reply #795614 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Not buying it was Darren Golley. He's not in that chat group. Easy target to throw him under the bus. Maybe look at who WAS in that group.......
The screenshot literally says "You can't send messages because you're no longer in this group". It had to be someone who isn't in the group list anymore.

Reply #795615 | Report this post

Looking Forward  
Years ago

So, some big question marks over the behaviour this last season and the season before.

Coach has been here for seven seasons, what was his behaviour like in the prior five seasons?

Reply #795617 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

'No, actually not what I said at all. What I was saying is that people write all kinds of shit in group chats with their friends, but it's not the same as writing that in a group chat with colleagues.'

So you would be OK with exposing White's private text messages about Joey to his fellow team mates (sorry colleagues). I suggest they would be same/worse as what Joey said -which he quickly followed up with it was maybe too harsh:)

To the Teammates (sorry colleagues) who have defamatory group messages about Joey from Captain White (or anyone in the team) perhaps its time to share.....and don't worry about any blow-back because people on this forum are calling this 'Integrity'

Reply #795618 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brendan Teys.....would you care to comment being the other co-captain?

Reply #795620 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

/ go away joey dont you have another radio interview to do

Reply #795621 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whenever I've seen Wright be interviews he's always seemed like a bit of a dickhead... Not surprised about any of this.

He's lasted way longer in the NBL than his record should have allowed so good riddance.

Reply #795624 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Slick, this complaining senior player signed with the Sixers knowing all about the Sobey incident, became the Club Captain and didnt try and fix it during the season but said 'there have been issues' nice one Captain Sherlock but you actually did nothing....sorry let me rephrase, after the season is over, the coach is gone you call foul ...puh-lease!

You then say 'The person who leaked the group chat did a good thing alerting players of what their coach is saying about them behind their back'
Actually no, what Joey thought about his players they knew, you knew, we all knew as he call players out often in public.

Reply #795626 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That Dwayne's World SEN interview was hardly impartial. Dwayne prefaces the whole interview by saying he doesn't see what sort of a 'win' Kevin White is getting out of speaking up, throws Joey a few absolute soft balls then finishes by wishing him all the best, hoping this is just a small 'blip' on his way to becoming a great coach elsewhere.

Reply #795631 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What does "MOTO" stand for?

Reply #795633 | Report this post

slick  
Years ago

Slick, this complaining senior player signed with the Sixers knowing all about the Sobey incident, became the Club Captain and didnt try and fix it during the season but said 'there have been issues' nice one Captain Sherlock but you actually did nothing....sorry let me rephrase, after the season is over, the coach is gone you call foul ...puh-lease!

he mentions that he has been saying something for 8 weeks and been told to shut his mouth, so clearly has been trying to fix it

You then say 'The person who leaked the group chat did a good thing alerting players of what their coach is saying about them behind their back'
Actually no, what Joey thought about his players they knew, you knew, we all knew as he call players out often in public.

He never stated in public at a press conference that a player should go hang himself, probably because he would get torn apart by the players, says it behind their backs and laughs about them, fake tough guy

Reply #795639 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You cant publish private conversations without consent.... that's the type of trouble you are in !

Reply #795640 | Report this post

Pippen  
Years ago

Dwayne is an irrelevant Joey stan. Normalizing workplace bullying at its worst, sounded like the Andrew Bolt / Allan Jones of Sport. What a sick old dinosaur.

Reply #795641 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"You cant publish private conversations without consent.... that's the type of trouble you are in !"

hahahahahahhahahahahaha

Reply #795649 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Eric Griffen has joined the group chat haha

Reply #795650 | Report this post

god some of you just wanna bury joey at every opportunity. I'm sure we've all got private messages we would rather not get out. Pretty weak by the assistant to forward a screenshot. The guy clearly fell out with the 4 players named well before Feb 14th. Obviously realised his comment went too far as his follow up message is him admitting so. Yet gives all the people that hate Joey more ammo.

Reply #795651 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Slick, he said it has a joke hence the - smiley face straight after.
He said it in a closed/private conversation.
Joey never said go hang themselves in public.
The hypocrisy about you Slick and White is you made this public? get it? Slick are you there?

Show me the owner/White's private text messages about Joey, providing these will allow you to dismount from your holier than thou horsey.

Slick may I see your teacher or your boss's private conversations to management about you that are disturbing, would you be OK with this?
Slick?
are you there Slick?

Reply #795652 | Report this post

Pippen  
Years ago

It was an official coach chat group. At work. His job. Work phone. Discussing low mental health reports of players he was responsible for. He's said and done worse. This isn’t isolated. Anyone defending this bully should crawl back up his ring and prepare for more shit to rain down on them. If it wasn’t true all players and club would immediately deny. Kevin White has balls of steel.

Reply #795655 | Report this post

Pete  
Years ago

I, for one, condone covering up workplace harrassment, bullying and assault.

It's the price you pay for all the titles he's won the club.

Wait.

Reply #795657 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

Now Alex Mudroja and Kevin White hitting back at eachother. This is a treat!

Reply #795658 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Now White is just airing every bit of dirty laundry he can think of. Thats not leadership.

Reply #795659 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Tyson Otto on news.com.au:

51-year-old Wright appeared to label White "weak" and suggested a former 36ers assistant coach was the source of his WhatsApp leak when responding to White's claims on radio.

Separate article:
Ex-Adelaide 36ers coach Joey Wright says his suggestion that players “hang themselves” was taken out of context. However, he remains unapologetic for his tough stance on the team.

Eric Griffin responding to White on Twitter:
Damm That’s Crazy Since The Cat is Out The Bag stay tuned for my messages

Reply #795660 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was a private conversation, story ends here Pip.

Remember your migraines against New York in 1990 Conference Finals and what Jordan said to you in private?

Reply #795661 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Kevin white should never be allowed to be employed in any capacity.

Airing team issues publicly is just a low act.

Reply #795662 | Report this post

Pippen  
Years ago

The reason I hoped these young men would kill themselves is because they switched rooms to be in an environment that was more compatible to their individual sleeping arrangements.

Reply #795666 | Report this post

Mudronja's tweets are interesting too. Essentially the playing group was fractured and the coach was fractured from half the playing group. The more rifts that come to light, the more petty this whole shit-slinging seems. I don't condone the texts from Joey. If the rumours of physical altercations are true I don't condone that either. But with or without those factors if the team hasn't been cohesive all season then why are we waiting til now to throw the grendades. Have disgruntled players talked to the players association? Because that should have been first port of call and then the allegations can be investigated immediately. Surely you don't sit on your arse all year ad then start swinging when the person in question is out the door already?

Everything about this situation stinks. I literally don't believe anyone. It's all half truths and bullshit.

Reply #795669 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why has it taken so long for this to come out, especially that screenshot. Surely people that saw that are just as bad standing back doing nothing until it's all over. If management or ownership had seen that conversation then something serious needs to be done. Bad things happen if apparently good people stand by and watch it happen.

Reply #795671 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What's important is that everyone had fun and we all tried our best

Reply #795678 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ben Fitzsimmons putting his 2 cents in. Wonder who he's talking about now?

"People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Someone about to learn that lesson in a big way."

Reply #795679 | Report this post

The NBL must be loving this. They've gone from jubilation on Wednesday at getting rid of Wright and then....nope. Let's have an all-in shit show on the same day we're trying to announce a new NBL franchise and kick off the finals series. Who said the 36ers weren't going to be a big talking point at this end of the season?!

Reply #795683 | Report this post

Violet Crumble  
Years ago

I'm not a fan of Joey but White should take a good look at himself for making this public.

Coming from a co-captain no less. I know what I'd be doing with his contract if I was on the board at the 36ers.

Don't air your dirty laundry in public. Be a man and resolve the issue behind closed doors with management and Joey.

Reply #795684 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

140+ replies for a Kevin White thread.
Not bad.

Reply #795686 | Report this post

Bruce  
Years ago

The 36rs should be sanctioned by the NBL, if all this behaviour was going on you can't tell me the board didn’t know about it, also White should of spoken up earlier if it affected his team and himself so much, why wait until now?? Will prob loose a lot of sponsorships and members and a very real chance of going under in the next 12 months

Reply #795688 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

White plays like sniper, dirty laundry should be kept out of public, you speak up at the time or shut up.

Reply #795693 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Its an internal matter, why would the NBL need to get involved?

Reply #795697 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Wright has been throwing guys under the bus all week, White comes out with the other side of the story and somehow he's the one in the wrong for going public with it?

Reply #795699 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Reply #795708 | Report this post

bowtie  
Years ago

Everyone trying to hang onto their job. Don't blame them for that. What about the Players' Union, thought they started one? Look into the other NBL teams coached by Joey. Many repeat problems at all levels.

Reply #795712 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jacob Wiley
@Jwiley_24
·
22h
One of the best coaches I've ever played for! Very unfortunate it had to end in this fashion
@Adelaide36ers
but the club has great pieces in place and
@wrightcoach12
will be successful wherever he goes!

Reply #795715 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jacob Wiley
@Jwiley_24
·
11m
Joey has drastically changed the lives of many playerers and coaches throughout his career in The NBLfor the better. He absolutely changed my life for the better and made me a better person, not just a player. Had my back when my wife got sick and when my daughter was born.

Reply #795717 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jacob Wiley
@Jwiley_24
·
6m
All this "whistle blowing" in Adelaide AFTER Joey has left the team. Screenshots of texts?? Cmon man. This is ridiculous. I have great respect for every single player on that team but this approach isn't it. He’s gone, he left! Would love to hear other players opinions..

Reply #795718 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Alvin Snow Jr
@Alvin_SnowJr
·
9m
He took chances on guys. He supported guys. He has been a huge help to dozens. Thank you coach
@wrightcoach12
for your contribution to the lives and careers of so many!

Reply #795719 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jacob Wiley
@Jwiley_24
·
6m
Replying to
@Alvin_SnowJr
and
@wrightcoach12
Alvin, do you remember summer league when Joey TOLD us he would make me a batter pro AFTER. I had a terrible rookie season

Alvin Snow Jr
@Alvin_SnowJr
·
4s
How could I forget? He said "give him to me". We did and you've been an
@EuroLeague
guy ever since. He had a HUGE hand in your growth and development. I am forever grateful!

Reply #795721 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How is it so difficult for Joey or anybody else to make sense of the timing of Kevin's tweets?

Joey had left, but couldn't keep his mouth shut. Blatantly and physically calling out players (and then later having the gall to rationalize it as "his fault") was f****** moronic.

I don't doubt other players are at fault in all of this too, but Joey really messed up. I'm glad Kevin shared his side of the story - Joey certainly didn't shay away from sharing his...

Reply #795722 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Wow, this got out of hand quickly.

Reply #795723 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Yep, White clearly decided to stand up for some of the players in light of Joey's recent comments.

Unfortunately, and to protect himself and others from exacerbating an already damaged situation, White probably should have been a little more subtle and pointed with his statements so it hit the mark with those with intimate knowledge of the situation and didn't become public fodder.

Instead, well, as the saying goes, the rest is history.

Reply #795727 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Yeah, I guess the question is whether it's Kevin White or Kevin Brooks on the chat?
The post is from Adam Murphy, high performance manager.

The phone number belongs to Assistant Andrew Jantke.
Not sure who "Mel" is?

But given the chat is called "Coach 2019/2020" I think we can safely assume it's Kevin Brooks, not White.

But what's interesting is that it says "You can't send messages to this group because you're no longer a participant."
So whoever it was either left or was removed from the group, but still had all the messages.

Reply #795728 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

D2.0 - more like Sherlock2.0!

Reply #795729 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cheers Dazz.

Reply #795730 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^Mel Brooks ^ could be Kevin Brooks nickname?

Reply #795734 | Report this post

Brunson  
Years ago

Gees Dazz it was already worked out who it was on this forum hours ago. Perhaps read the previous post

Reply #795738 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jacob Wiley
@Jwiley_24
·
1h
Made so many guys into actual players, maybe his methods were different, but it all came from a good place

Reply #795743 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joey Wright, still playing the victim card.

Reply #795747 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Bloody foolish for this dirty laundry to be aired.

Evidently there was player relationships fractured - no shit - Randle has a personality and a ball hog, Griffin sucked at defence and Froling was a lot of puffing his chest, Joey Wright went "screw that" and isn't diplomatic.

A season of owner intervention makes things more testy, JW eventually leaves/pushed out, starts to air the dirty laundry a little - bad decision. Culture was bad change is needed with no Joey, no Randle no Griffin no Froling.

That’s all part and parcel of personalities and lack of effort/talent and losing. It happens.

Now - today. That’s embarrassing on another level. Leaking that stuff is a disgrace. Yes, some strong crude language was used in a group chat about other people. Happens all the time, it just does. Smart to do? No. Dumb thing to do. But harden up - absolute overreaction.

This could have been so much better handled by everyone if they just put their damn egos aside, Jesusssssssss

Reply #795750 | Report this post

sman  
Years ago

i truly believe i have left the club in better shape than when i came here

Pretty hard to leave it worse off than Marty Clarke left it, having said that, not many coaches would want to be coming to this absolute shit show neither players, so reckon joey is dreaming saying that

Reply #795752 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ramone Moore on Facebook...
"First off let me start off by saying it's crazy that me and 3 others was blamed for the lack of season we had this year. My relationship with Joey has always been good and he’s done a lot for me but up until this past season things between he and I changed for whatever reason I DONT KNOW, all awhile his comments about me and the 3 others was troubling. I’m only saying something to protect myself and the 3 others and to also challenge anyone to ask anybody who knows me or played with me if I’m a bad person bad teammate or whatever the case may be as said in some of the articles and videos that was published. Granted in team sports you win as a team and lose as a team I didn’t know 4 individuals was the reason for our lack of success but for somebody to say “I got ya back bruh" and go out and throw dirt on my name is crazy. I'm not here to speak on anything but the comments that was made about me. Truth be told I was never injured this season at any time (not the club fault), I was going through a personal issue and I asked for help and it seemed as if after that my minutes went down and my need for the team wasn’t there anymore but you guys would have never known because I was always professional smiled did everything asked of me all while dealing with being told we are going to sit you the rest of the year after being angry and confused of my role which affected my play as we all could see. I was not myself after a certain part of the season. All I wanted was help, not to be benched and played less in an attempt to “help me” with my situation. It’s really wild to me that after all the good things we have done together that it had to go down like this smh. Oh and this has nothing to do with a plan, accolades, tearing anybody down or whatever. I’m speaking the truth! This ain’t even me man but I had to say something after all the videos I watched and articles I read continuously being blamed when I wasn’t even out there for the end of the season. You can’t go in the media and bite our back out then want pity come on man! Nobody would have never said anything public if you didn’t set up a whole media tour to fuck over 4 dudes to make us look bad after you and the club decided to split ways. That’s “weak” minded shit!”

Reply #795753 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a joke of a man... thats his legacy done and dusted. hahaha

Reply #795754 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

If you're on Joey Wright's side of this, you are a garbage human being. There is zero excuse for that comment, and for the way he's behaved in the media this past week.

And that's ignoring the Sobey incident, Valentine's Day 2014, and doubtless many other things I've forgotten about.

Reply #795755 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

That kinda reads like he had some issues, wasn't playing well asked for more time, didn’t get it because he wasn’t playing well.

Moore absolutely sucked why would he get more time? To play into form I suppose.

Lying about injury was dumb. Dumb move. If you’re not playing someone because they’re not in form just say it. Happens in AFL all the time. Crows some of their highest earners playing SANFL last year.

Reply #795756 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Koberulz replying like it's a political thread.

I’ve heard people say worse things in reference to colleagues. crude language + factional behaviour, it happens

Reply #795757 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

That kinda reads like he had some issues, wasn't playing well asked for more time, didn't get it because he wasn’t playing well.
That's...an interesting take.

Seems to me he asked for help from the club with whatever his issue was, not for more court time, and as a result of that request had his minutes cut.

Reply #795759 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I've heard people say worse things in reference to colleagues. crude language + factional behaviour, it happens
So we can't criticise him until he kills seven million Jews?

"Worse things have happened" is never an excuse for terrible behaviour, and it's pretty damn clear at this point that the text was far from an isolated incident.

Reply #795761 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

pippen is a goose. it is hilarious when people start referring to sporting teams as a work place. omg imagine if I did that in my workplace etc etc.

coaches are going to say stuff from time to time to try and fire up players, to try and make them work together even if it means playing harder by hating the coach. there are professional basketball players, clearly some of them were a little less professional than others.

Reply #795764 | Report this post

Pippen  
Years ago

So at the most elite level of Basketball in Australia where players are employed under a legal agreement isn't work you utter imbecile. How base are you?

Reply #795765 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Godwin's law achieved

Reply #795769 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Afl coaches have and done a lot worse, some of the stories from a former saints coach that were going around a few years back make this look like child's play. There are others, it’s a ruthless business sport and you get paid on results. Get out to some 1/4 and 3/4 time huddles in the vfl , wafl at times and listen to the coach of the losing side, certainly if there getting pumped.

Reply #795770 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

I'm not going to comment on what either Wright or White has said. But I'll say this much.....

Give what is now coming out into the public realm, it suddenly becomes more clear about why the team played like shit in the last few weeks of the season even when there was still a chance of making the playoffs.

For better or worse, it seems they wanted the season over and done with sooner rather than later.

Reply #795773 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So we can't criticise him until he kills seven million Jews?" WTF is that!!! Mods please ban this guy!!

Reply #795779 | Report this post

shayno  
Years ago

Ahhhhh Radelaide......these things didnt happen in Marty Clarkes time.

Just saying.....

Reply #795782 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Griffin now dropping his mic on Twitter. This just gets better and better.

Reply #795783 | Report this post

Pete  
Years ago

Rome's post is damning as all hell.

Reply #795786 | Report this post

Pete  
Years ago

Griffin going off. Jebus.

Reply #795788 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At first this was exciting, now it's like kindy kids fighting. Wake me when it's over.

Reply #795789 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joey unemployable world wide. The victim card finally bit him on the ass

Reply #795791 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So, just burn the team down and start again at this point?

Reply #795794 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

Crap individual coaching a crap team in a crap city.Enough said!

Reply #795795 | Report this post

Pete  
Years ago

Found the east coast guy with the chip on his shoulder.

Reply #795796 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kobeisdead said "So we can't criticise him until he kills seven million Jews?

Seriously you are a fracktard.

Reply #795797 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Famine Moore has bravely stated he was struggling, asked for help didn't get it, then Joey jokes about people hanging themselves

All class

Reply #795800 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joey said he wanted a new challenge, getting a job in any capacity is now a big challenge.

Reply #795802 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just read what griffin had to say. Articulate, direct and maturely wrote. Joey has pissed off the wrong group of players. And Jerome Randle hasn't even said a thing yet. Joey has sold the world on family first values, but ADELAIDE is a small place and the truth usually comes out when you least expect it.

Reply #795808 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

I kind of think it sounded like the club tried to assist but as a result of that Joey cut his minutes and he struggled and eventually was sat.

Reply #795812 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't wait for Randle’s mrs to let her feelings be known

Reply #795821 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Apart from the obvious fallout, it shows the mismanagement of the club. Joey clearly didn't want some of these players for various reasons, not condoning the hanging comment for a second. But imagine having your hands tied by being told here are your imports, Griffin is an unnone but the other 2 you have history with. Froling has had obvious problems stemming back to 2 colleges in 2 years, his year at Marquette was basically him being benched, not for playing reasons it looks like. So apart from DJ who is hardly the poster boy for consistency or toughness, 4 of your main rotations are problem children picked by management. Wouldn't be the 1st time a coach has expressed frustration on the door out, Joey not being a shrinking violet either. So what genius decided to put gunpowder and a box of matches together. What is the role of a high performance manager, just another made up title that means nothing and based on response of reply in message, pretty piss weak. Whole situation could have been averted by communicating with coach what players he wanted. Happens in juniors where kids are dropped because of attitudes, this a much more magnified situation. Why were players kept on, looks like club were on the cheap and didn't want to payout those not fitting the system.
So let's turn away from this Twitter shit storm and focus on the powers that be. Time for a total shakeup from these idiots in charge, just paper pushers that have failed in the past yet think bringing in a obvious toxic anti Joey player like Randle to sell seats was a good idea. Don't know Moore's personal problems, hopefully they've sorted, but why not just release him, pay him his money instead of letting him sit around without better things to do than reflect on a bad situation. No, instead let things fester. But as with the crows a bunch of people from all around the shop will be brought in to do a review. Tipping Riccuito, Gaze, Smythe and Jan Sterling, finding, fish rots from the head down. Why do theses administrators keep finding jobs in various sports, stuff them up then move to next one. Heads need to roll big time on this.

Reply #795840 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wonder if the 36ers will now try and get their settlement money back based on conduct detrimental to the team?

Reply #795849 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"4 of your main rotations are problem children picked by management"

Moore (who wasn't a problem) and Froling were picked by Wright...

Reply #795855 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Randle and Griffin interview with Olgun Uluc to clear their names:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/basketball/nbl/a-conversation-with-jerome-randle-and-eric-griffin-on-joey-wrights-comments-kevin-whites-tweets-and-standing-up-for-yourself/news-story/6c20d28f08f3a70b2d1287ada7ac1037?fbclid=IwAR0HyasMMPFFWx7TSorVnBQ0_d2_VOBrAyo35c5dinq_OcxusCLgv_aKYHc

Reply #795857 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

What a bunch of teenage girls.

Reply #795858 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Moore became a problem even according him himself, just an unhappy player sitting there is not good, and yes, Froling had a Joey hand in it but nearly all the Froling clan are quitters when things get rough. But a disgruntled 2nd year player showing up woefully out of shape definitely unprofessional. Will be lucky to find a backup job in Nbl let alone an nba gig.
Sadly coaches are last to have input and backup, instead just the paper pushers and these experts brought in for reviews. Why are guys like Riccuito even mentioned in shit like this, stuffed up the whole crows coach debacle last year, runs a few pubs and have a radio show. Why not bring in Mick Molloy and Fitzy.

Reply #795866 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Moore became a problem even according him himself"

AFTER Joey behaved like an ass by lying about Moore's injury and cut his role/minutes without taking the time to explain it - at least according to Ramone.

He could have behaved more professionally (or played better this season), but then again so could Joey. Before today, I don't recall Moore ever going on a verbal tirade or committing assault at the expense of his teammates/coaches.

Reply #795876 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its disgusting to me how many people are attempting to defend Joey Wright. What he said IS a disgrace and he should be so incredibly ashamed.

Reply #795877 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some idiots like Zodiac for example love their precious Joey.

Reply #795884 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The NBL need to step in here looks like a few players will need some professional help and the coach not a good look.

Reply #795887 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jacob Wiley
@Jwiley_24
·
6h
Absolutely
Quote Tweet

Stanton Kidd
@StantonKidd11
· 6h
Man I uderstand some people didnt agree with how coach larry coached at @CSUMBasketball @ColoradoStateU but stop speaking and talking down on that man name!!! #Jesus

Reply #795888 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Everyone's throwing the baby out with the bath water.

36ers ownership need to be driven but learn some separation from micromanagement.
We know Wright is gone, Randle Griff Moore Froling White Dillon need to be cleaned out.

Hire a coach with respect - Bevo?

Reach out to past players management have pissed off by acting like herpderps and show a competent side - Ingles, Creek etc Even if it’s coffee or whatever. Just get dialogue and open that door a little to a potential Adelaide singlet down the track.

Adelaide management have been some of the most incompetent pisSAnts over the last two decades

Reply #795891 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Randle Griff Moore Froling White Dillon need to be cleaned out."

What has Dillon done apart from being on Joey's list?

Reply #795893 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Too average of a player. Can't have so many and Teys is the best average player on the list

Reply #795894 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Yeah Joe wants no part of Adelaide, that is clear.

Reply #795895 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Shit fight. Only way to describe... not the Sixers we want. Problems all around top to bottom... need leadership.. strong.. restore sixer pride. Crows debacle sixers pissant town. Deadbats... holden fucked... Thank god for the fringe and villis...

Reply #795897 | Report this post

Pallas  
Years ago

Well done Kevin White on calling out a bully, and a pig of a man

Reply #795899 | Report this post

Captain Jack  
Years ago

In the end both sides are wrong.

Joey should not have said what he said, particularly in the messages, if the sobey rumours are true he should have been sacked a year ago, and even still it was time to let him go and move forward.

The players are not completely innocent, they are a large part of the reason the 36ers didnt perform this season and the guys named were the main culprits imo, i was very frustrated watching those players regularly throughout the season, so they need to cop that.

In the end this is all rather pointless and isnt going to achieve anything

Joey is gone, he is no longer going to coach the 36ers, even if the players are 100% correct and its all on Joey, there is nothing more to be done, he is gone,

Even before today i wouldnt be bringing back White, Froling or the imports, their play doesnt deserve a spot on next years team, you could possibly make a case for Randle who had a decent season, but not great either, but the others are definitely should not be given another season, so even if they are right about all of this, and we take their side, that doesnt change the fact that none of them should be on next years team, due to their performance in games.

So in the end its all rather pointless, as none of these people involved in this should be with the club next season, and todays events have nothing to do with that decision for me.

So its time for JVG to bring in a new coach, a fresh roster the only players from this years team id bring back are Johnson, Drmic, McVeigh maybe Kyei and Teys if he is under contract. So this shouldnt have much to do with the club going forward, so its time we all let this go.

Joey and the players involved, its time to move on, none of this is going to help you or justify that you all had poor seasons and the combination of that caused the results we saw, no matter who we want to blame more.

Reply #795900 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#891. Oh my

Reply #795907 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

That is not the first time Joey has hit a player.

Ask Sam MacKinnon what happened when Joey coached him in Brisbane.

All kept very quiet.

Reply #795910 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Captain Jack

Spot on

Reply #795912 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think it's fair to say now, Joey Wright, you have NOT left this club in a better place than when you arrived.
Your arrogance has been your downfall and your legacy is you were responsible for the worst incident the club has ever seen. Shut up and just go away before you do more damage.

Reply #795913 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"In the end this is all rather pointless and isnt going to achieve anything

Joey is gone, he is no longer going to coach the 36ers, even if the players are 100% correct and its all on Joey, there is nothing more to be done, he is gone,"

Tell that to Joey, who couldn't (and still can't) keep his mouth shut.

If he doesn't give his interviews throwing players under the bus and specifically naming them, none of this shit goes down.

Reply #795914 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

EXACTLY! He couldn't just his mouth with his passive aggressive smug chuckling interviews, and guess what!? The players weren’t happu being disrespected and retaliated. Wright supporters can deflect to the 'leak’ all they want, it’s WHAT was leaked that upset the playing group! you really think this was just a one off comment? You really think the players didn’t feel his anger towards them his dislike all throughout the season. Ever worked for a boss that doesn’t like you? You become very disheartened very quickly. I’m glad they exposed juts a tidbit of what has gone on with the egoistical individual, pity it didn’t happen years ago.

Reply #795916 | Report this post

X  
Years ago

Well done Kevin White. This guy's godawful behaviour needs to be exposed for what it is.

Reply #795919 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why? He came to his teammmates defence when they couldn't. He’s a true definition of leader in my books. That wouldn’t have been all that was said/players knew about, but they were willing to stay quiet so as to not rattle the cage. Joey is what he is, and the players needed to retaliate. Good for white and good for them. Randle interview with olgun is pretty solid read. You don’t mess with suicide as a topic.

Reply #795920 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Should have stood up at the time it was going down, had player meetings and gone to management, waiting for it all now is to late, the horse has bolted.

Reply #795923 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He did go to management and has been told it would be dealt with.

But has been told to sit back and say nothing, which again he did.

Only to see Joey continue to throw everyone under a bus.

Reply #795926 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

How much shit can stick to the walls. Christ airing dirty underwear. Shitfest. Endless crapolla.

Reply #795928 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ramone was literally refusing to play and now he blames Joey. He didn't have these issues the last 2 seasons until he fell in with the wrong crowd it seems.

Reply #795931 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joey Wright loves the all too often rhetoric that he's a players coach and players love playing for him. What a load of bullshit. It's clear plenty DON'T like playing for him. He's not this God that certain media types like to pump him up to be. Media types I may add who have gone very quiet currently. Happy to blow smoke up his arse when he's coaching but when exposed as an egotistical bully, say nothing. They are pathetic journalists/commentators for that. But like being a Catholic and when Cardinal Pell gets fingered, say nothing and pretend it didn't happen.
And whoever keeps posting tweets from Jacob Wiley, you may as well post tweets from Joey's mum. It's IRRELEVANT, Wiley was not playing for the Sixers this year. He wasn't in the locker room, and he hasn't been singled out by a coach for being the reason the 36ers failed. Good coaches don't do that. Joey Wright is not a good coach and clearly has anger management issues.

Reply #795933 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wrong crowd? Sounds like some Joey spin.

Reply #795935 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Ramone was literally refusing to play and now he blames Joey.

He quit on the team as soon as we got past the 7 games left mark so he couldn't be effectively replaced by another import for the playoffs.

Reply #795937 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I want to know what assistant Kevin Brooks and high performance guy Adam Murphy did about this? The last msg on the screen shot of the convo is from Murphy with a smiling emoji. Bloody disgusting from a guy who's sole job is to help players get the best out of themselves and apparently in charge of they’re wellness scores!! Joey is a pig and getting his right whack, but others are involved and need to be held accountable. All piss taking aside if this were our own children involved we’d all turn from Keyboard warriors into ninjas.

Reply #795939 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In the professional environment have you every privately made or heard a tongue in cheek comments like:

"He/she can go jump in the lake"
"He/she is nothing but an oxygen thief"
etc etc etc etc

In my professional workplaces in some of the most power organisations in the state I've heard everyone from the cleaner to the CEO make them.

Let's keep some perspective.

If they are kept within the private context, where there is an expectation that the conversations are private, they are a figure of speech, often expressed in a moment of extreme frustration, definately not to be taken literally. Of course, when people report these private conversations they can take on another meaning and out of context. Whoever actually did share these with the player needs to have a serious look at themselves. That is precisely what caused the damage here not the actual figurative, non-literal, intended to be tongue in cheek, statement.

Reply #795943 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

If they are kept within the private context, where there is an expectation that the conversations are private, they are a figure of speech, often expressed in a moment of extreme frustration, definately not to be taken literally. Of course, when people report these private conversations they can take on another meaning and out of context. Whoever actually did share these with the player needs to have a serious look at themselves. That is precisely what caused the damage here not the actual figurative, non-literal, intended to be tongue in cheek, statement.

Spot on well said. People are acting like these comments were something more than someone blowing off steam in a private conversation.

The worst part is these selfish imports who quit on their coach, teammates and fans are now out there trying to justify their unprofessional behaviour.

Reply #795947 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Or you can look at it from the point of view that Coach Golley was the only person that stood up and said this is wrong. A good assistant coach is not a yes man. Joey likes yes men. Maybe Golley is the only person in this with integrity, cos it's clear the other assistants/managers thought it was funny. If they didn't why wouldn't they tell Wright he over stepped the mark? Wright has not apologised for his comments at all. Yes, maybe it shouldn't have got out, but it did, and Wright is doing a shitty job of damage control.

Reply #795949 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Unsurprisingly people here are taking a tempered reaction as defending Joey.

In the age where more communication is electronic, it's subject to leak particularly partial leaks to hide context and people get lots of time to criticise and read what are clearly non literal things literally.

If this was applied to everyone here, everyone would be well and truly f*ckded and crucified.

That doesn’t mean it’s a great thing to say or a smart thing to say by Joey - but the bloodlust reaction by people here is by far more disturbing than the leaked texts that prove what everyone knew - the 36ers are fractured.

Interesting response by Randle and Griffin - I wonder if in all this they’re stubborn that Joey wronged them or do they accept that they absolutely sucked this year? Griffin was unplayable his defence was so bad, he straight up cannot play NBL level until he improves it. It doesn’t seem to click for him that his defence is trash as he was touting his block stats. I would hope for his sake - someone with so much potential- that he would acknowledge he needs to work on it so that if he does work on it he could become a legitimate force.

For Randle, I would imagine NBL clubs look at his playing style where he stifled the ball and didn’t hold up wel defensively, that’s what clubs are looking at not Joeys comments.

Everyone is in denial - it’s a shocker. Clean em all out be done with them move on in a positive way I say.

Reply #795956 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Zodiac

You clearly have never suffered mental health issue, but then again you need to have a brain to suffer from them

Reply #795979 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry to offend you Zodiac but "Joey" is a turd.

Reply #795996 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Zodiac, I would have thought the worst part of this is the coach punching a player and/or hoping several 'problem' players commit suicide.

I mean you're entitled to your opinion, but it's wrong.

Reply #796011 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The real turd is griffin, trying to save face for his atrocious season. Lol at Ramone if he wasn't happy could if walked but still collected that pay check.? Froling is a fat turd with zero work ethic, be lucky to get another gig lazy and bad attitude, Randle just padding his stats, Kevin white is shit gutless prick they all could of spoke up sooner but chose not to. But hey who cares the 36ers are shit anyway!

Reply #796015 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bit rich griffin calling Joey a disgrace to the club. Mate your defence was a disgrace to the entire league, you are softer than butter bruh!

Reply #796016 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spot on #015 Sixers are shite.

Reply #796020 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

"would have thought the worst part of this is the coach punching a player"

I know it has been rumoured, fwiw the club has stated it's investigated and cleared it back when the rumour came up. Either what occurred didn’t amount to that or the club is covering it up in which case the club would become subject to a huge amount of criticism. Have to take the claim with a grain of salt.

“and/or hoping several 'problem' players commit suicide”

Nonsense. There are concepts in English called hyperbole and exaggeration, commonly used by _everyone_to_ever_use_the_English_language. If you struggle to read in the context of how people communicate in English that means you struggle to make a point in English.

How dumb do you have to be to read that literally!

Reply #796021 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

KET

You do realise that the club was covering all of this up. Kevin White clearly indicated that it had been taken to the club and he had been told to keep quiet and that they would deal with it. They didnt!

Rather than actually do anything about it to protect the players, they effectively sacked Joey and then allowed the players to take the brunt of his attacks rather than explain the why he was released.

Doesn't mean that he was always in the wrong. Doesn't mean the players was always in the right.

All we are seeing is the tip of an iceberg

Reply #796022 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

36ers should hand back there licence to the nbl! One bad thing after another.. nobody would want to play/ coach there especially not now... bunch of mediocre teenage girls with shit attitudes can't handle the truth, and they have the balls to call themselves professional athletes! Haaaa. Professional turds more like it!

Reply #796023 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Nobody is doing themselves any favours with this.

The problem for those players "sticking up for themselves" is that the criticism by Wright is mostly true.

Wright accused them of being lazy & selfish (to put it very simply). So coming out publicly and saying "yes I was lazy and selfish, but it was because the coach was a dick" doesn't really excuse them.
There's obviously a bit of chicken & egg going on, with the deteriorating relationship between coach and players. Whilst Wright has to take the blame for it, the players in question did themselves no favours by the way they played.

As for White, he was brought in for one reason only, to provide leadership, and he failed.
Complaining about it on twitter only makes him look like more of a tosser. Like somebody who knows their career is over and is taking potshots.

All thse guys just need to shut up and move.

Reply #796024 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

haha to realise something it has to be substantiated. People like claiming a rumour to be fact when they want the rumour to be fact.

People like Isaac etc saying "I heard" “it's rumoured” is more believable because they aren’t silly enough to talk out of their arse and claim something as a fact before it’s ever substantiated publicly.

I’m not saying it’s not true, but you damn well don’t know if it is and you damn well haven’t proved it.

Therefore grain of salt. Everybody has known the rumour for ages, this isn’t new news.

Reply #796025 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

100% agree D2.0, it's a lot of people running on emotions at the moment and they’re proving that Adelaide needs a major clean out. You’re never going to eliminate little chemistry issues or conflicts but a lot of people have just become cancer to Adelaide and they have to move on and Adelaide has to move swiftly to say they will they in a different direction to all this crap

Reply #796026 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

And I also have a completely different take on the issue of Wright's chat-group comments.

Murphy made it very clear that he thought the players were taking the piss, so Wright was not responding to any genuine concern over their well-being.
He made a stupid, oafish, and unprofessional comment. But nobody could seriously suggest that anything in that chat was meant to be taken seriously.

So, what sort of Dickhead makes it public? What do you achieve?
Make yourself feel better at the expense of others?

Regardless of how non-serious they might be, players' families don't want to see those comments plastered allover the internet. So you've hurt a lot of people, just to try and embarrass Wright?

I'm not defending Wright. I think those comments are the tip of an iceberg of unprofessional, unacceptable, and abusive conduct by a head coach.
I just think nothing is gained by posting them on the internet.

Reply #796027 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

*Shudder "Now to introduce the new coach of the Adelaide 36ers who will clean up the current mess and culture, Andrew Gaze"

If Randle stays even I reckon he'll ring Joey and ask him to come back.

Reply #796034 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Plz no we have suffered enough

Reply #796037 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting to see Mudronja's take on it. Maybe Kev isn't practicing what he preaches.

Saddened that these comments were made on behalf of the playing group and that they were brought to the public by our captain. For a person that acted like he was on Joey's side all season, this is particularly disturbing.
We don’t all feel like that about Joey. He’s done a lot of good for a lot of us and he did everything he could to help our team last season. It was made impossible by people who did not buy-in to his philosophies... if I was to screenshot some of [Kevin]’s comments in our group chat a lot of people would be disgusted too," Mudronja said.

Reply #796039 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Even if there was an element of jest in that comment by Wright, after what Ramone Moore has posted, it just highlights what a total lack of empathy Wright had. A player comes to you for help and you ridicule him in front of the other coaches, behind his back. It shouldn't have got out but it did, and is a damning indictment on how you feel and treat players. What has transpired highlights how you coach, and it's a miserable fail. No integrity and a back stabber who uses players. Good luck getting another gig because it certainly won't be here in Australia unless your 'boys club' gets in to enough positions to bail you out. Right now, they are all f'd as well.

Reply #796041 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Zodiac is spot on. 4 players from the get go would not conform to what the Coach wanted from them. You try and run a successful team/business when 40% don't play by the team rules.
How frustrating it would be to coach muppets like this, I recall Joey calling them out during the year.
I'm glad he called them out again as he was leaving, they were selfish, concerned only about themselves. The integrity came from Joey as he was leaving he said the teams performance was 'on him', he owned it. He recruited the wrong players, those 4 weren't team players.

White you're no leader.
The stories of players not wanting to room with others falls on you too, you supposed to bring the players together. What did you do to get these 4 players together?

Once player leaders like Creek and Shorter etc left there was no locker room leaders to call d[ckhead, selfish behaviour out.

Reply #796047 | Report this post

Captain Jack  
Years ago

Did Joey deserve to be sacked, yes

Did those players play poorly and deserved criticism, also yes

If this stuff didnt come out through media or twitter, etc

Would anyone be keeping Joey, no and he was sacked prior to this storm

Did the imports, Froling, White play well enough to be part of next years team, also no, id have let all of these guys go before any of this garbage.

Seems to me its a bunch of under performing people, not taking responsibility for their own poor performance, which is just lame and useless, and just these guys feeding their own egos on there way out, and unfortunately dragging the 36ers through the mud in the process, which is also in excusable and sums it up really, as these people were more interested in the name on the back of the jersey than the playing for the name on the front of the jersey. Shows they are selfish and none of the players or coaches should return.

For some broader perspective

I say in this instance they are ALL in the wrong, Joey should have not said some of what he said. The players should have performed better and played harder if they dont want to be called out. I think most fans were disapointed in the form of most of those players and could see Joey wasnt as good the last 2 years either.

Look at Joeys record without Randle, Moore, Griffin, White, Froling, even if you just take the 36ers portion of his career, its pretty strong, but not perfect, he has had run ins with others along the way, but never like this in a 15 year career where he has basicallly made playoffs or got within a game or 2 of doing so every year apart from this one.

Also look at the players record without Joey. Most of these players have had attitude problems elsewhere and bounced around various teams and leagues and never achieved that much.

I think that is somewhat telling.

In the end Joey is gone, and the club should clean out all of these players.

Fresh start and build something positive going forward.

Reply #796048 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I had to go back and see what triggered White to send confidential conversations, below are words Joey said:

Advertiser today:

Outgoing coach Joey Wright says he had to leave the Adelaide 36ers for the sake of his own mental health after realising his values were no longer aligned with the club and some of the players.

"To get away from that situation is for me, health-wise, the best thing to happen. As far as mental health, dealing with the pressures and stresses of that situation.

“I'm just concerned our values were inconsistent with one another and not that mine were right and theirs were wrong, but they were inconsistent and we just weren’t heading in the right direction.

The 36ers have missed the finals the past two seasons and towards the end, Wright’s relationship was excellent with some players and non-existent with others - namely imports Jerome Randle, Eric Griffin, Ramone Moore and Aussie big man Harry Froling.

“The ones who it wasn’t good with, it wasn’t good. I’m not a halfway person, I can’t be lukewarm, you’re either with me or against me and there were four who weren’t really committed and by then the three imports and Harry didn’t give us what we needed. That was the reality of it," Wright said.

“I would have loved for those guys to be a little bit more driven but we weren’t on the same page, and that’s not the club’s fault, that’s my fault and I tried everything I could to get them on the same page as everybody else.”

Really Captain White? These statements triggered you to release private conversations?

SO Joey wasn't sacked it was mutual parting. joey tried everything to get these 4 players working for the team but they weren't committed. No wonder Joeys mental health is mentioned as his first response.

Reply #796050 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Felix von Hofe
@FelixHofe
·
22h
Replying to
@Jwiley_24
I think it's a tough one man. I don’t agree AT ALL with posting a screenshot of a group message, but Joey started this by dragging guys names through the mud. Bad actions from both sides IMO.

Jacob Wiley
@Jwiley_24
·
22h
Felix I agree with you 100% maybe he shouldn’t have mentioned names, but we BOTH know the dynamics of a basketball team and the said response crossed the line

Felix von Hofe
@FelixHofe
·
22h
For sure, it’s genuinely snitching. As you said, he was already out the door. Best thing to do would be to send that screenshot directly to him and just say it’s here if you keep going (no idea if that was done or not)

Jacob Wiley
@Jwiley_24
·
22h
Agreed. This 'leak’ was done AFTER he left! It not like the club signed him to an extension... he’s gone, it’s over!

Reply #796056 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Way to Cherry pick statements to make a case.
Punch someone at work and see what happens to you.
And if you trot out the 'it hasn't been proven' bullshit then you are delusional and not that close to the inner workings. It did happen, 100% locked in without a doubt.
But we'll conveniently not mention that.
That alone was enough reason to sack Wright then and save the club 150k or whatever they paid him out.
Whoever in management turned a blind eye also needs to go.

Reply #796058 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There won't be a defamation case lodged by Wright as White will just drag Sobey in to tell the truth under oath. And there's a team full of other witnesses he can call on also. Not going to be a good look for Wright the other assistants or the club. And Wright's lawyers know it.
Why has no journo ever bothered to ask Wright that question directly? Why, for example John Casey, didn't you put it directly to him? After all it's a bug part of what White claims. Rather than go the pathetic soft road allowing Wright off the hook,why didn't you just ask 'Joey, did you or did you not punch/assault a player as Kevin White states?'
I'm no journo but I don't think that would be that hard, unless of course you're trying to frame the interview a certain way.
There's no defamation case coming it's all piss and wind.

Reply #796065 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What's it got to do with White. Does he need to bring up the cap fine in 1998 as well. He wasn’t part of that and wasn’t there. Perhaps he can give us his thoughts on Al Green. Wasn’t it White himself that got into a punch up at training this season.

Reply #796072 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

" It did happen, 100% locked in without a doubt“

Waste of time making statements like this when it's from anonymous.

No source = unsubstantiated
Making bold claims about zero doubt = no credibility

Unsubstantiated + no credibility = no reason to read your post as anything but some rando talking a bit of shit

Could it have happened? Sure where there’s smoke there’s fire. Do we know it happened? No, we weren’t there and nobody who was has spoken out publicly. Kevin White wasn’t even in the team at the time and no other player had said a thing about it publicly.

Speculation =/= not definitive proof. Without it actually being a thing, there’s no reason to tar someone with that brush.

Reply #796076 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Or maybe one of the four singled out by Wright was there when it happened? Hmmmm....think about that for a second.

Care to roll that dice now on the defamation??

Didn't think so.

Reply #796101 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you weren't there it’s here say. Simple.

Reply #796102 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't be stupid, never ever been a punch up at any training. Were police called, was anyone charged. Wasn't there footage of BJ punching on at training this year, no mention of that by captain.

Reply #796132 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

KET, other 36er players have confirmed it to a number of people. It's not a rumour.

"If you struggle to read in the context of how people communicate in English that means you struggle to make a point in English.

How dumb do you have to be to read that literally!"

Fair call. I don't believe Joey meant it literally - just hyperbole - but that is what he wrote. My point is that's entirely inappropriate and worse that any of the BS that Zodiac is up in arms about, whether or not he meant it.

If comments like that were directed at you by someone you worked closely with, that could possibly do some psychological harm.

Reply #796151 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

" Care to roll that dice now on the defamation?? "

What are you on about you crazy person - Who mentioned defamation?

Reply #796152 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BJ punched a wall (or something inanimate), not a teammate.

Reply #796155 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

KET, just ignore the anon trolls.

Reply #796156 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

050, you obviously haven't seen Wright's interview with Channel 7. Educate yourself.

Reply #796161 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wright called them out as 'not committed', big f'n deal. Everyone on this Board in every game thread has said the same thing about the 4 players. Seriously this is pro sports, grow a pair.
He has every right to say what he's said the whole year about these 4 players but at the end of the day Wright said the blame was on him.
For White (and the others) to fly off the handle for saying they were not committed is just crazy.
For White to comment on an incident from the previous year when he was at another Club shows what a deplorable person he is.
I'm backing MUD's response 100% and certainly not White's

Reply #796164 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LMFAO at incorrect statements by those claiming to be "in the know", cos I actually do know! The allegations that Wright punched Sobey were investigated by the club, the league, and even the Police took statements. The allegations were found to be unsubstantiated.
Sobey left because Lemanis offered him a Boomers role. That fact is well known by anyone even remotely associated with the Adelaide 36ers. I'm not one to speculate, but it makes me wonder who started the rumour and why. Smoke Screen perhaps?
Plus I can't believe that so many are taking Kevin White's side in this. He is a bitter, washed up, hack. His career, such as it was, has been dead for a while. He wangled a contract based solely on his promise to provide leadership on and off the court. So judge for yourself how well he delivered on that promise.

Reply #796166 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe the 36ers should bring back drug testing and see who passes

Reply #796175 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hi this is a 36ers player. Nathan Sobey got punched in New Zealand last year on the road as he stopped playing after he got hit in the face and Joey told him keep playing but he barked back so Joey got in his face and as sobey walked past him he punched him in the face. Sobey walked off court and said "goodluck getting anyone else to play for you" and ripped up his contract extension he signed. That's the truth. You will never know what 36ers player I am. You’re welcome. Bye.

Reply #796197 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Maybe the 36ers should bring back drug testing and see who passes)

Do you think their all on meth?

Reply #796199 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This post is a complete lie. You're welcome

Reply #796201 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol at the person claiming to be a 36ers player!!! If you really are you are just making the club look even worse you troll!!

Reply #796202 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I reckon none of this would of came out if the 36ers made playoffs and went on to win the championship.., just a bunch of sooky players. I've always thought since Mitch Creek left that you no longer have any toughness.. mentally weak basket case of an organisation. Not everyone believes in joeys methods but seriously would any club sign Kevin white ? Griffin? Fat boy frolling? Disgruntled players that can’t handle the truth. The team looked selfish long before any of this. Drmic always whinging at every single call.. McVeigh pumping himself up after every shot like he just hit a buzzer beater in overtime to win the championship.. Johnson good offence no defence.. Ramone Moore an import!? Cmon seriously... mediocre player at best never showed much fight ..,white is a grub there fact that he signed on to a team with randle shows how desperate he is for a job.. griffin can’t defend on the court and he’s selfish.. look at his twitter wearing a jazz jersey.. how many minutes did you play for them?? Such a diva typical American import who thinks his shit don’t stink. Even if your correct about Joey etc there will be an asterisk next to your name and I doubt any nbl team would sign him. To much baggage and to call the coach a disgrace to the organisation when you been there 5 minutes ?? This whole situation just reinforces joeys comments that certain players are only in it for themselves not for the team. Seriously I doubt any nbl team would sign those 4 now. And it’s not like there world beaters with top level euro team for nba teams scrambling to sign them. No class at all. 36ers are a disgrace to themselves and the nbl in general. Good riddance I say

Reply #796207 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Funny that Joey has his army of friends and family on this thread speaking anonomously

Reply #796208 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't know Joey never met him in my life.. your also anonymous.. so... just stating my view From afar as a casual fan

Reply #796210 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't live in Adelaide never been there wouldn’t want to seems like a backward bat shit place.. answer this honestly taipans version of sobey who would of thought he would be the player he is today?? Still an up himself hot head with no media personality but he’s a lot better of a player after playing in Adelaide.. Honest question who would of signed froling? He’s got potential but hadn’t improved much if at all. It’s not all on the coaches etc. the dudes a professional athlete jeez even I look after my body better than he does.

Reply #796214 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

JOey. Bye.

Reply #796215 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lol your anonymous as well you degenerate, I wish the 36ers all the best I couldn't really give a shit if Joey is gone I just find it amusing all these players airing there dirty laundry. Popcorn in hand

Reply #796216 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Froling is 21 years old and in his second year as a pro. The fact you all think and Joey say he didn't perform to standard show what he can be. 21 years old u fuckwits haha. Look at all the other second year guys??? Vague? Grida? All had worse years than Froling ? Maybe expectations of him are to high. Needs to get in better shape and work on his mental/attitude side of things but put him in the right situation and I’m sure he will be more than ok. And those that think sobey didn’t get punched are also delusional. This whole thing is a shit throwing contest and should be behind closed doors but at least it will result in a clean of house with the 6ers. Stop knocking people down for once or if you’re going to at least put your names to it.

Reply #796229 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joey Stans, Kev White Stand. Who gives a fuck. It's all in the wrong and fuck it all

Reply #796230 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree with 229 RE Froling. Didn't know he was only 21. I can only think back to what I was doing at that age haha. I hope the biggest takeaway from this whole thing is mental health and taking it seriously. Privately or not behind closed doors or not you can’t joke about that stuff especially as a coach. In saying that going public with it isn’t right but who knows the truth behind heather the club did or didn’t do anything. Much like the sobey incident was it all covered up? And the sobey incident wasn’t covered by the club. Was done by Sobey as he didn’t want a circus happening end of season leading to finals.

Reply #796232 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fat froling has always been fat and lady and always had a shit attitude. Mark my words He will be the same player at 25. Can't coach attitude.

Reply #796258 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

why would Joey care about anything the players did away from the court?
He already stated he has internal conversations from the playing group which shows their poor attitude but would never share as that's not what is done. He doesn’t need any dirt.
Sounds like these dysfunctional players are imploding and whatever did happen off court is all on them.

Reply #796260 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This thread is both hilarious and insipid.

Reply #796270 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was reported on the abc news today now it's public knowledge.

Reply #796278 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What was reported on abc news?

Reply #796280 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have more respect for Zodiac guys.

Reply #796284 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^The text that Joey sent about the players killing them self

Reply #796294 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

There was a rumour that Sobey would leave and go to Brisbane
The other rumour was that there would be a Tasmanian team in the NBL 21-22
and that Joey punched Sobey.

Reply #796359 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I want to know what assistant Kevin Brooks and high performance guy Adam Murphy did about this? The last msg on the screen shot of the convo is from Murphy with a smiling emoji. Bloody disgusting from a guy who's sole job is to help players get the best out of themselves and apparently in charge of they're wellness scores!!
Don't know Adam Murphy and can't speak for him, but that emoji looked to be 'grimacing face', smile without the eyes kinda thing. The sort of thing you do when someone is expecting your support awkwardly, so you give a token look.

It's all a bit pointless now because ties have been cut, but this failed rapport stretched across all sorts of players. Veterans, near-rookies, starters, benchies, past players, newcomers, American, Australian, white, black, etc. Ramone Moore has always seemed to be a solid character (was hired for it, and Boti's always spoken of it) and if he's felt it strongly enough to write that FB post, that's probably saying something.

Reply #796546 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Not sure I can say thi. But appears it all blew up. Clarify not physically blew up but came to a head. Imploded maybe. Good people had enough of whole season. I ask people to consider this. The negativity that supporters and member openly displayed towards performances during the season. Slagging players slagging coaches. All builds up so those of you claiming joey a bully or white is a dog look at yourself and your piss poor cheap key boarding bullying or gutless sniping... now got dickheads saying karma got randle. You pricks are SICK.
Far worst than Joey or white because your feeding it/ delighting in it and baying for me.
Too many wankers.

Reply #796557 | Report this post

slick  
Years ago

anon above, the exact reason after 35 years involved in the sport i have no more love for it anymore

Reply #796598 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I wouldn't normally consider myself a glass half full kind of guy, but I like to think/hope that at least a solid % of the more wankerish anon posts are consistently from the same small pool of wanker anons.

Reply #796606 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Brooks has been there a longtime but surely he'd have said something to Joey about the behavior not being appropriate?

If Brooks didn't its an indictment on him for not standing up to Joey

Reply #796613 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

AngusH, I haven't checked in detail, but going by Twitter, there are a fairly broad set of people who feel strongly one way or another. Some repeat IPs but nothing that you wouldn't expect when people are returning to argue.

Reply #796619 | Report this post

Thread locked

This thread has been locked and replies are not permitted.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:06 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754