Anonymous
Years ago

Are there any current players with MJ/Kobe competitiveness?

Do these basketball players still exist? The type that train so much they get kicked out of the gym or will win at all costs. I'm interested to know

Topic #47206 | Report this topic

maxymoo  
Years ago

Certainly is.

Are there current players with Kobe/MJ's competitiveness, skill set and their athleticism ....probably not.

Reply #804992 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes there is plenty of players like this. I have been lucky to coach players with absolute insane work ethics.

But as per the above poster they did not have their skill set and athleticism.

At the end of the day what you are discussing is a extreme elite mindset. Many players will themselves with limited physical tools to elite levels with a elite mindset and not much else going for them. But their physical limitations catch up with them at some point.

Reply #804993 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mitch Creek

Reply #804999 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jason Cadee

Reply #805002 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hahahahahahaha Creek hahahahahaah

Reply #805003 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brendon motherfucking Teys y'all

Reply #805004 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kevin White has that snake mentality?

Reply #805012 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Westbrook maybe the closest which is probably why Jordan is such a big fan of him.

Westbrook told a funny story the other day as a kid attending a Jordan basketball camp he was such a baller that when it came time for his group to line up and meet MJ and get stuff signed he kept putting up shots on the basket instead because he didn't want to be in line and away from a hoop for too long.

Reply #805021 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To get the whole package is 1 in a few hundred million so yes guys are competitive like that but don't have the natural gifts or smarts for the game like the aforementioned two players.

Reply #805025 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm competitive I fucking hate losing my local domestic games.

Reply #805026 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Westbrook was my thought too, but in the past lacked some awareness of what held him back (shot selection, etc). Late in his career, Kobe was a bit like that too.

Jimmy Butler?

Reply #805044 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

GIANNIS will be next. Dude doesn't know when to stop and hates working out with other superstars

Reply #805066 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Giannis really needs that jump shot, at the end of close games he can go missing, luckily for Bucks they don't have a lot of lose games. If he can get a consistent jump shot, a solid 3pt shot where defenders have to man up, and if he can start hitting his free throws especially in crunch time he could be unstoppable.

Reply #805095 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:04 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754