Anonymous
Years ago

Where does Nick Kay rank all time at PF?

I feel like the man has been an absolute gun the minute he joined the league.

Top 5 Aussie power forward all time?

Topic #47255 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

he sucks

Reply #806595 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

He was OK at Townsville.
He was above average at the Hawks.
He became top 5 player of the league at Perth.

Too early to say where he rates against the likes of Mark Davis, Scott Fisher, Andrew Vlahov, Mark Worthington, Martin Cattalini.

Reply #806596 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I'd still have Tony Ronaldson, Matt Nielsen and Melvin Thomas ahead of him, maybe even Bruce Bolden and Simon Dwight too. I'd put him ahead of Pat Reidy and Paul Maley though. Longevity and consistency are worth so much in these all time questions but what makes the difference is how the fans individually believe in how a player will perform in the big moments and he's building a great NBL career.

Kay seems like a very motivated young man so if we name all the players ahead of him then he does have the time (providing he stays here) ability, work ethic, opportunities and hopefully the health to pick off the all time greats and perhaps end up with a Hall of fame career.

Reply #806598 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Calm down. Wait til he has built a career before considering him in all time conversations.

Reply #806612 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As with many modern era comparisons longevity is going to play it's part.

Europe or for the select few the NBA come calling.

It's only his last two seasons that have been standout.

Reply #806616 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dude still mid career bit early for ALL TIME talk!

Reply #806618 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If he plays like he has the past three seasons for most of the rest of his career he'll certainly be up there with the best.

Reply #806628 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

Yes too early to say just yet. He's only just coming into his prime now so will be interesting to see what level he can get to

Reply #806658 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is at a very good level now, his GF series was remarkable, still not top five of all time yet but on the way.

Reply #806686 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Top 5 All Time? What?

Reply #806702 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wouldn't even think of his name even in last 15 years of PF let alone all time

Reply #806705 | Report this post

Cats4eva  
Years ago

Up there but he is amongst some pretty decent talent over the journey.

Reply #806706 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

There's no question he's been one of the best (probably THE best) over the past few seasons. I just hope we get to see what he can do over a longer period in the NBL.
Also keep in mind that once you start comparing to imports, we've had some very impressive PF's over the years.

Reply #806711 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The opp said top 5 Aussie PF, not imports.

Reply #806721 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Let's ask a better question, amongst current players has his career been better than Mika Vukona, Daniel Kickert, Daniel Johnson, Tai Wesley?

If the answer is that he isn't the best if his current generation then would he be top 5?

I feel that DJ has been more accomplished but chasing him down fast.

He's exceeded the career of Kickert already.

Had a better career than Mika? I don't think so, then again how could you judge the impact that Mika has had on his teams as he has basically had the game of Dennis Rodman in the NBL (defence, rebounding, IQ) and never been the go to guy yet as important as anyone on the team.

I hope he stays in the NBL as we can see him grow his personal legacy.

Reply #806794 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would say his recent form is better than the best of all those players, but Johnson and Vukona have done it for much longer so he still has some catching up to do.

Reply #806822 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

"he sucks".

Only an idiot can believe that.

--

But no, he's not in all time conversations. Not all time Aussie or All Time NBL either. If he did what he's doing now for another 5-6 years and cops a few more rings, we can talk about it.

Reply #806907 | Report this post

K-man  
Years ago

Kickert had a very successful career in Europe before he came back to the NBL. He played his prime years there not here.

Reply #808475 | Report this post

K-man  
Years ago

Kickert had a very successful career in Europe before he came back to the NBL. He played his prime years there not here.

Reply #808476 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kickett was very good last season, been a very good player for a long time.

Reply #808500 | Report this post

Cornholio  
Years ago

Kickert is similar to Andersen in that they both came to nbl in their 30s and both after their career prime in Europe.

Reply #808525 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:23 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754