+
Years ago

is Bearcats tournament on in 2020 ?

can't find anything on line

Topic #47277 | Report this topic

Triton 26  
Years ago

I might suggest you try watching the news. There has been this virus issue...

Reply #807479 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who won 18 boys at Easter tournament? I went to Hillcrest last Friday to ask around but the lights were off for some reason.

Reply #807481 | Report this post

+  
Years ago

competition should be restored by the usual dates the tournament is on

Reply #807504 | Report this post

+  
Years ago

just a yes or no please

Reply #807505 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

FFS, because nothing is on line and even games aren't being played at moment does that give a clue. Tournaments are a whole different kettle of fish, teams going to different venues, will their need to be complete cleaning in December. No one knows what shape the game will be like when it comes back in weeks, how will they know in December.

Reply #807534 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No.

Not that I actually know but tournaments open a bucket of worms when it comes to covid. And I know that its 6 months away but I can see that the Eltham/Dandenong may be the first tournament we see. Tournaments have more people around than your standard weekend competition. There is no way a tournament can be run without the 1.5m social distancing being relaxed.

Reply #807539 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"just a yes or no please"

It's not as simple as that - West themselves won't know if restrictions will make it feasible, or even permitted by SA Health.

Perhaps call their office and ask if they intend to host the event if circumstances allow.

Reply #807567 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

Take over or combine with the Xmas Carnival- make it massive.

Not much time to organise for July with nominations usually closing off around now.

Reply #807571 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Apart from major tournaments like state champs, nationals etc, main reason for smaller tournaments IMO is team building and letting the kids have some fun and time together. That'll be thrown out the door if they can only enter stadiums 10 minutes before game then leave straight away. And getting together for a team BBQ or something similar would be restricted as well. So they're really a waste of time and money in current climate.

Reply #807581 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Need to be playing games first...heard bearcats and Norwood looking create mega carnival 2021 if 2020 is total write off. Be attempt to double dip. Hearing it first..
Crazy times needs crazy solutions.. bring it on. Need hooping back...

Reply #807586 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mega carnival??? And just how would that work? All West could provide is div3 and below boys teams.

Reply #807609 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe other clubs might want to work with West to grow the tournament

Reply #807655 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe pigs will fly, why haven't they done it in the past, West too greedy, that's why.

Reply #807675 | Report this post

cat  
Years ago

I must have missed the piles of gold bars in the halls of Port Rec Centre..

West have a niche tournament that has grown in numbers and revenue every year.

I don't think their plan is to involve other Clubs and make even more money..

that would be greedy wouldn't it Anon 675..can't feed the trolls more ammo

Reply #807735 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

West have confirmed its canceled on their FB page. Always one of the better tournaments to be involved in.

Reply #807760 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:22 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754