Zodiac
Years ago

Melbourne Unites Signs Jack White

Melbourne United signs former Duke Blue Devils captain Jack White for 3 years.

https://nbl.com.au/news/duke-standout-jack-white-signs-with-melbourne

Topic #47399 | Report this topic

D2.0  
Years ago

Good to see another young Aussie joining the NBL

Reply #811519 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hopefully he's good mates with Zion and will convince him to come and play for United if there’s a NBA lock-out next year!

Reply #811521 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow fantastic hopefully also becomes an nbl1 Supercat, Justin.

Reply #811523 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone care to explain his game? Just looking at his college stats seems to be a role player more than anything. Also interesting to see he was captain for Duke in his senior year.

Reply #811527 | Report this post

Dave Q  
Years ago

Great defender, good rebounder. Can play above the rim. Potetionally good from the 3pt line, but some way from being consistent.

He has been training with MU for the last couple of years when he has been home, so not a surprise.

Good pickup, although I am a little surprised they gave him a 3 year contract.

Reply #811529 | Report this post

Alpha  
Years ago

With all those NBA prospects, it was always a hard task to get minutes on that roster. He is a decent small forward, very streaky although can shoot the ball (not as CG), but definitely an NBL level player. Duke needed a leader and it is usually someone who is dedicated in the classroom and on court, thus Jack, a nice guy and a good pick up for Melbourne. Welcome home Jack!

Reply #811530 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's a 4-3 in nbl.

Reply #811534 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Excellent pickup for MU

Reply #811536 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice role player pick up for MU

Reply #811538 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Similar style and attributes to David Barlow it's probably fair to say. (May not have the 3% body fat though)

Reply #811576 | Report this post

Perth14  
Years ago

This kid is good. Played a role at Duke but lead for 2 years keeping a lot of stars on the game plan. If you see some of the things he did in the free for all games where the reigns were off it's a different view. I am sure that’s what Melbourne were able to see. Tough in defence, great reader of the game, can shoot from the 3 too. If he decides to take over the game he can. If Melbourne let him loose as an offensive weapon and have him attack the hoop he could put on a scoring show. Add dunking to his 3 point shooting and he could destroy an opposition. Very disappointed we didn’t get him in Perth.

Reply #811612 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Over/under 10ppg? Definitely saying under.

Reply #811650 | Report this post

robt  
Years ago

I knew nothing of Jack White 'til I watched some Duke games during the hype over Zion Williamson. Heard his name and that he is Oz, so naturally took more notice. Yes, he seemed to be a bit of a role player, but a very effective one (as the commentators acknowledged, too), he just seemed so involved in lots of on-court stuff. Was impressed with what he did. Not as a superstar of the team but the glue that allowed the studs to go to work. Hope he brings it here.

And DP for year 1 and contract for next 2 sounds reasonable too.

Reply #811672 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

The Dave Barlow comp is actually a pretty good one IMO. I think that's probably the best version of Jack White we could see.

Reply #811674 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has he got a vitamin D deficiency too?

Reply #811678 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hard to tell if he'll play 3 or 4

Maybe...
Melbourne United-Vickerman

6’3 M.Mccarron/6’0 S.Ili
6’4 C.Goulding?/6’6 K.Kuany
(I)/6’7 J.White
(I)/6’9 D.Barlow
6’10 A.Brandt?/7’0 J.Acuil

DP
6’5 S.Short PG
6’8 M.Peatling PF
6’9 J.Purchase PF

Reply #811679 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Hahahahaha.

Reply #811719 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I see him as very similar to an early Mitch Creek. Great energy guy doing all the little things who will develop into a star.

Reply #811833 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Similar style and attributes to David Barlow it's probably fair to say. (May not have the 3% body fat though)

Underrated post.

Reply #812806 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:57 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754