Tornado
Years ago

Adelaide 36ers sign former Pacers guard Donald Sloan

Former NBA guard Donald Sloan has agreed to a deal with the Adelaide 36ers to complete their roster for the 2020-21 NBL season, sources have told ESPN.

Sloan spent five seasons in the NBA, highlighted by a two-year stretch with the Indiana Pacers; the 6'3 guard averaging 7.4 points 2.7 rebounds, and 3.4 assists per game over the 2014-15 NBA season.

Topic #47511 | Report this topic

Years ago

Phowww big get

Reply #814904 | Report this post

Cornholio  
Years ago

32yo journeyman who can play both guard spots.

Reply #814905 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Coach Connor like 5 days ago was like "we dont really have anyone yet" for the import spot. They work fast!

So that completes the roster.

Reply #814906 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Love the additions. Massive improvement defensively.

I'd like to see a starting 5 for the Sixers look like this:

Giddey
Sloan
Dech
DJ
Humphries

Reply #814908 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like that lineup too.

Giddey/Dillon/Mudronja
Sloan/Teys
Dech/McVeigh
DJ/Kyei
Humphries/Pinder

Reply #814909 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Does that lineup compete with NZ/Melbourne/Sydney/Perth?

I'd say "at best" it's middle of the pack with the rest.

Reply #814910 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

"Coach Connor like 5 days ago was like "we dont really have anyone yet" for the import spot. They work fast!"

Suspect he may have been telling a porky there.

Reply #814911 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Haha indeed!

Reply #814912 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And we see why once again it is best too ignore KET's input on posts! Anti-Adelaide.

KET as the other guy that had a go at you (juvenille exchange.) We know you don't like the Sixers but like it or not this is one of the strongest rosters on paper in the NBL at the moment. You sound ridiculous constantly trying to nullify it to "middle of the pack" ... Sydney's roster looks terrible as does Perths currently. Clear as day that you don't like the Sixers.

Excellent roster by the Sixers, could make a deep run.

Reply #814913 | Report this post

Cornholio  
Years ago

Unless Perth sign a superstar power forward I wouldn't be rating them too highly.

Reply #814914 | Report this post

LO  
Years ago

have to agree with Anon 913.

On most Sixers' signings he has been the same. Can't have a very high basketball IQ if he thinks a team with Humphries, Sloan, DJ and Giddey (who has NBA level passing and athleticism already) Is "middle of the pack".

Sixers looking good. On paper ofcourse.

Reply #814915 | Report this post

Cornholio  
Years ago

I don't know which team KET supports but it's ok not to like Adelaide.
Same as many don't like Perth.

Reply #814916 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Roster rankings at present:

1. NZ
2. Hawks
3. Adelaide
4. SEM
5. Melbourne
6. Cairns
7. Sydney
8. Perth
9. Brisbane

Reply #814917 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Too many "likes" in one sentence. We like really like don't need to like write like Sepo's.

Reply #814918 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide 36ers-Henry

6'3 D.Sloan(I)/6’4 D.Dillon/6'5 A.Mudronja
6’7 J.Giddey(NS)/6’3 B.Teys
6’5 S.Dech/6’8 J.Mcveigh
6’11 D.Johnson/6’9 O.Kyei
7’0 I.Humphries/6’9 K.Pinder

DP
Unlikely to see Johnson imo
6’5 M.Harris SG?
Maybe a dp pf...

Reply #814919 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

olgun uluc on twitter wrote they maybe still after a second import

Reply #814920 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

1 of teys, Dillon or Mudronja will get chopped for 2nd import.

Dillon being 34 won't help.

Reply #814921 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The import will surely be sf moving Dech to sg backup or starter.

Reply #814923 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Very physical team defensively. Will be able to lock up teams.

Additions - Humphries, Giddey(NS), Sloan(I), Pinder, Dech

Departing - Randle, Griffin, Drmic, Froling, White

They've upgraded significantly and gotten rid of defensive liabilities in Froling and Drmic.

Reply #814924 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

I'm a 36ers fan and I see us in that 3-6 range so far.

I think we are a good SF short of being considered a contender & there are too many unknowns at this point. Brand new coach, brand new team, how good will Giddey be, will McVeigh take the next step, etc.

Our success will be largely dependent on how well and how consistent Giddey and McVeigh perform imo as either one of those will be starting.

Having said that, Sloan and everyone else the 36ers have brought in has been impressive. A good clean out and mini rebuild imo...gotta give credit where it is due to JVG and GK - definitely gives the fans something to be excited about.

Reply #814925 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide looking the buck the 3-point shooting movement that has captivated the basketball world by rolling out five non-shooters at once. Sloan made 31% of his 3s in the NBA. Him, plus Dech and Giddey might be the worst shooting backcourt in NBL history, or at least since the Cedric Jackson/Jordair Jett/Kevin White brickfest.

Yuck

Reply #814926 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Departing - Randle, Griffin, Drmic, Froling, White

Don't forget Ramone Moore and also Obi Kyei possibly still to go.

Reply #814927 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Go back to your mums basement anonymous #926

Reply #814928 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

CJ Turnage for import 3/4 to round out the lineup.

Reply #814929 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Starting two centers alongside three non shooters. What could possibly go wrong there? I can't imagine what the opponents game plan will be when they run 100 post ups with zero spacing

Reply #814930 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

'A NBA or Europe experienced guard signing soon and another Import at the start of the season 03Dec.' Henry said on TVnews, last nite.

Reply #814931 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Like many such teams prior to the season, there's a lot of unknowns. These are "good signings" but need to see how they play in the NBL, come together as a team, and how good Henry is as a coach.

If I were a 6's fan, I would be cautiously optimistic. They've done everything they can to bring in new talent and a new coach.

Reply #814932 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who's getting cut

Reply #814933 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why does KET have to post pro-Adelaide stuff? If he doesnt think they have a good team then he can say so

Reply #814935 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The NBL doesn't work like the NBA little kiddies.

How dumb are you?! 3pt shooting hasn't been the difference between and championship contender and a cellar-dweller in the NBL EVER. Perth haven't won championships on the back of 3pt shooting and have always lacked a consistent 3pt shooter so what makes you think it is a massive need in this league to jack up ill-advised 3's?

Absolute nuffie comments from special NBA viewers. This lineup will cause havoc defensively.

Btw Dech can shoot the 3 ball decent enough for this leaghe, Sloans' 3 has improved significantly since his time with the Pacers, DJ is a good knockdown 3pt shooter and Humphries can hit the 3 aswell. If you know anything about this league it is that defense is the most important aspect of a team.

Reply #814936 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sloan is a brilliant playmaker. In Brooklyn his assist to turnover ratio was top 5 in the league, above players like John Wall. I like this signing but the bench is a concern.

Reply #814938 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

6'3 D.Sloan(I)/6'5 A.Mudronja
6'7 J.Giddey(NS)/6’5 S.Dech/6’3 B.Teys
6’5 C.Turnage(I)/6’8 J.Mcveigh
6’11 D.Johnson/6’9 O.Kyei
7’0 I.Humphries/6’9 K.Pinder

Reply #814939 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth won last year with multiple perimeter threats, bryce, steindl, Kay, wagstaff, terrico, it was paramount.

Reply #814940 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hawks - most can shoot the 3 at high %

Naar
Harvey
White
Newbill?
Grida
Jessup
Adel

Reply #814941 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth were 5th last year in total 3 point field goal percentage as a team.

You certainly don't need to shoot 3's to win in this league. Sydney made the finals and they ranked 8th in 3 point field percentage as a team.

Perth was also 7th in points per game. Not a high octane scoring team by any means.

Defensively Perth ranked 1st in opponents field goal percentage and the runners up Sydney being 3rd.

Your argument on the 3 being crucial in this league has been foiled. Defensive wins championships. Not being stacked with 3pt shooters.

Reply #814943 | Report this post

King  
Years ago

Adelaide looking beastly defensively!

Reply #814944 | Report this post

King  
Years ago

"It was paramount" - well it clearly wasn't but do go on with that rabble.

I often come here to learn from you NBA highlight connoisseurs as you struggle to understand the countless differences between NBL and NBA.

The three point shot is a hit and miss in the NBL. If you have a talented and well structured team on the defensive end, you'll go along way to nullifying shooters and let's face it, the "shooters" we do have in this NBL would barely cut it in the NBA. It isn't hard to shake up shooters or take them out of rhythm because they're simply not that brilliant anyway.

In the NBA the three is a necessity and often makes or breaks if a player survives in the league. Here in the NBL, if you can atleast take advantage of wide open or corner threes every now and then you're fine.

Reply #814946 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I've obviously offended the sensibilities of some with a view pretty much reflective of Liam Santamaria's.

"That guy will need to be a combo guard and, let's be real, if this team’s going to be in the mix for postseason action, he’ll need to be a stud."

- Let's hope the import is a stud!

Although, I think we (and I say that as a 36ers fan), do need to move on Dillon and get that second import. One too many average players on the bench, and I'm not sure McVeigh cuts it as a starting 5 player yet. Especially don't think it's ideal having McVeigh and Dech, would rather just one of those in the starting 5 amongst DJ/IH/DS and an import.

Reply #814947 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Giddey ain't ready to start yet.

Sloan is a massive get and should be really good in the NBL

Reply #814949 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

@LO, Giddey having NBA athleticism is a bit much.

Kid has some promise and potential but comparing his athletic ability is not his strength

Reply #814959 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

KET - It is Liam

Reply #814962 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Appears to be a huge signing

But, Just one question- will likely be 33y/o by time season starts. What was he doing in 2019-20? Only played 2 games? Did he suffer a big injury?

Reply #814965 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

This answers my question- from ESPN

"Sloan only played three games in Germany, due to the season being posted because of COVID-19, averaging 11.7 points a contest."

Reply #814966 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

How good is Giddey?

Cos Sloan/Dech/DJ/Humphries is an impressive 4/5ths of your starting lineup

Depth not excellent though.

Reply #814968 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Years ago

Adelaide will definitely sign another import. They're being coy about it but it makes complete sense.

Reply #814969 | Report this post

Sourbroker  
Years ago

Dech isn't bigger than 6’3 and he’s only hitting that in shoes. This 6’5 small forward narrative needs a plug.

Reply #814972 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Henry straight up said on the news last night that we're going with 2 imports this year. Not sure how that works, roster wise, but it's happening.

Pacers fan here, so I've seen Sloan play a fair bit. He was like your typical plodder. Didn't get much burn the first year when we were good (1st in the East). Role increased the second year when PG broke his leg and the team kind of fell apart. Never really struck me as overly good at anything tbh. He's like a slimmer Raymond Felton, but not as good. Been out of the NBA for like 5 years. I'd say it's a wait and see on this one, but I'm not expecting him to be an All-Star level player for us.

Reply #814973 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Anyone who puts up those numbers in G League and China should be very dangerous on the offensive end.

Can he defend?

Main query would be age- he's 33 in January and by then, will have barely played any games in 18 mths or more

Reply #814977 | Report this post

King  
Years ago

Hendo8888 You do realise he had a career after playing for the Pacers and improved. At one point in Brooklyn he was 5th in the league in assist to turnover ratio. Very good passer, high IQ, overall a solid offensive player and decent defender. In this league I reckon you'll see him post 15ppg - 18ppg, 4 dimes and probably 3 rebounds.

Combo guard that will see minutes at the 2.

Reply #814978 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A few of the lineups listed towards the top of the thread had Giddey starting at PG.
Are you guys serious?
If you are, you've clearly got no idea how basketball works at the professional level.
Starting an inexperienced 18 year old rookie (granted a very talented one but still a rookie) in a position normally stacked with experienced imports would be suicide. He might start (still unlikely) at SF if they don’t get a second import and play in a point forward type of role on some plays but there is zero chance he starts at the 1 unless Connor Henry is on a suicide mission.

This will more than likely be the opening night roster...
PG D Sloan, D Dillon
SG S Dech, B.Teys
SF Import, J Giddey, J Mcveigh
PF D Johnson, O Kyei
C I Humphries, K Pinder

Reply #814990 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I know it's risky..... but what about Prather? Just putting it out there.

Reply #814992 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think people doubt Giddeys ability a bit too much.

Reply #814993 | Report this post

Please no Moore  
Years ago

Came to say "bust" first...

Reply #814994 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I know it's risky..... but what about Prather? Just putting it out there.

Way too risky, he's only played 6 games over the past 2 seasons and only averaged 9.3 ppg plus he's under contract with United anyway.

Reply #814996 | Report this post

Cornholio  
Years ago

Thankful Perth got a good Prather.

Reply #814998 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Got to love it when a Melbourne United import snatching goes wrong.

Reply #814999 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I don't think we will see Prather at United. I wonder what he’d be like after injury. Certainly can’t handle another Moore type import

Reply #815010 | Report this post

Giacontigers  
Years ago

Great signing by the Sixers. If Adelaide are allowed to play at home I can see them as a big threat to many NBL teams.

Be interesting if NBL decide to play in a bubble like the TBT/NBA. Melbourne is not getting better anytime soon, glad I don't have to worry about tickets this season lol.

Reply #815012 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The three ball was paramount to Perths last title. 943 and king only looking at 3pt% to determine if the shot is valuable is borderline idiotic. Did you consider total 3P attempted and made? Even if you didn't having the threat and reputation of multiple players been able to hit the shot is almost as good as players actually hitting the shot at a high % (Terrico last year was a great example)it stretches a defence which allows your offence to rumble along, allows more offensive rebounding opportunities etc. Whether the team hit the threes at a high percentage or not is merely a piece to the puzzle. You just need to compare perth the year we had tokoto, our offence grinded to an absolute halt because him , martin, knight and brandt could all be left half a court and they still couldn't consistently make a three.

Reply #815013 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

" Perth haven't won championships on the back of 3pt shooting and have always lacked a consistent 3pt shooter so what makes you think it is a massive need in this league to jack up ill-advised 3's?"

Lol, Lisch and Cotton are such terrible shooters.

Reply #815035 | Report this post

King  
Years ago

Basketball IQ here is pretty low as is standard for "hoops.com.au" too bad you can't prove the three point shot is crucial in this league, stats will point to defense and rebounding equalling wins. Adelaide had the best offense for years with Joey and they were almost dead last in 3 points attempted, they didn't have a single consistent 3pt threat. Not one. How did they make it to the finals?

Cotton is an NBA caliber player ofcourse he can shoot the ball. Perth didn't have a team stacked with 3 point shooters nor did they rely on the 3 point shot to win, if you think they did, well look at the stats and from where they made most of their buckets, stats actually DO tell the story most of the time.

Stop using the word "paramount" just because it's a big word to you, doesn't make you look intelligent.

Nothing points to the 3 point shot being "paramount" in the league - all you need is players that can take advantage of open threes when the opportunity presents itself. This isn't the NBA and teams don't need a court full of snipers to win games or a Stephen Curry.

Reply #815087 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

King, nobody said 3pt shooting was more important than defence. But it is significant or say extremely important to having an offence worthy of contending. It creates spacing, opportunities for offensive rebounding etc. You also failed to respond to why the Perth team with Tokoto couldn't contend?

But what are the pro teams in the nbl doing:
Kings: ware, tate, lisch, newley 4/5 3pt shooters
Taipans, Machado, Newbill, Oliver, Djeric 4/5
Bullets: Sobey, patterson, braun, 3/5
Wildcats, Terrico, cotton, kay 3/5 plus steindl, wagstaff of the bench

Why do you think Kay was so open to drop was it 7 threes on the Kings in game 3? Aside from that stupid drop coverage, it was because they were not willing to leave an ice cold terrico open, or cotton, or clint, or wagstaff.

Also I said the threat of a 3 point shooter, means defences can't sag which equals more offensive rebounds. So while you are suggesting others have a low basketball IQ maybe you need to look a little deeper at how those rebounding opportunities are created...

Reply #815094 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

The 3 pointer was a critical element to the Wildcats grand final series win especially because the Kings went with the Triangle and 2 defence. Moreover, the Cats continued to knock them down when the Kings doubled down on the same junk D throughout Game 3.

At one point Bruce was close to Kay and decided to run away from Kay and towards Cotton despite Kay being 4-6 (or something similar) from deep and ready to jack up another.

On the flip side, Casper Ware was trash and his inefficiency cost the Kings Game 1, if they had won that they would have won the series.

Defence as always is critical to a victory, the Wildcats were able to make stops when it mattered. The Kings defence which focused on stopping Cotton ended up making him Finals MVP.

Reply #815104 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Every man wants a son.
Cricketers want him to be a fast bowler
Basketballers - a good three point shooter.

Reply #815105 | Report this post

King  
Years ago

What I don't get first and foremost is who said Adelaide don't have players that can hit the 3?

Sloan in his last season in the NBA for Brooklyn shot 39% from 3. Against the best defenders in the world, in the best league in the world... his 3pt shot is more than adequate for the NBL.

Dech will continue to improve, he was an OK 3pt shooter for the Hawks, who knows? Will he take the next step with Adelaide given a consistent role? Point is he already showed he could hit the three given the opportunity.

Daniel Johnson will be stepping beyond the arc alot more this season obviously. DJ shot 43% from beyond the arc last season.

Teys is a lockdown defender and can hit 3s.

McVeigh can hit 3s.

The point being Adelaide have players that can shoot the 3. Since when has scoring been a problem for Adelaide anyway? Their defense is the glaring weakness, if they can maintain last years offense but improve significantly on defense, they will be a juggernaut. Yes, obviously alot of ifs and buts surrounding them but if this lineup does click they'll contend.

Reply #815106 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sobey a 3pt shooter? 31% from deep at Brisbane! Ware? Ware shot 30% from deep. #094 mind me asking what league you're watching? I feel like you're watching too much NBA and proving King right.

At best each team has 2 good 3pt shooters in the NBL.

Reply #815117 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think anyone is leaving ware or sobey wide open from 3. Ware had a crazy slump, still drew a defender.

Reply #815124 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty sure Teys isn't a lockdown defender.

Reply #815129 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty sure Teys isn't a lockdown defender.

Reply #815130 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Faceplant*

You wouldn't leave anyone wide open in basketball you moron, especially in a professional league. Most players can hit wide open shots.

Reply #815137 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide will be just fine. They needed to get a good Import Point Guard and they did. Now hopefully the team comes together well.

Reply #815138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Donald Sloan is EASILY without question a better 3 shooter than Ware, Sobey and MOST guards in this league barring Cotton. This guy played plenty of games in the NBA and won't find this league hard to score in. Hell he played against John Wall and Westbrook etc. He can handle having Bryce Cotton on him.

Reply #815139 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Donald Sloan in his last season in the NBA made 38 3-pointers and 251 2-pointers in 61 games, that's why it was his last season in the NBA (because he couldn't stay on the floor due to his lack of offense). As mentioned he shot 31% for 3 in his NBA career. Now he's 32 and past his peak athletically as well. It's not going to be pretty for him next year being surrounded by two slow footed centers and two non-shooters in Giddey/Dech.

Reply #815163 | Report this post

Brunson  
Years ago

" surrounded by two slow footed centers"

You think DJ is a slow centre??!!

Reply #815165 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Actually we have all seen people leave Damian Martin, Jp Tokoto, bout, plumlee, any player that shoots under 30% will be ignored and sagged way off. Liam Santa just noted that if the hawks new import doesn't improve his 3pt% it will clog the lanes for his team, how do you think that happens? Because they aren’t leaving him open for three.

Sydney ran a bloody drop coverage all year, yet you’re telling me no player would be left open from range...

Reply #815167 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Love this comment from earlier in this thread:

"Departing - Randle, Griffin, Drmic, Froling, White

They've upgraded significantly and gotten rid of defensive liabilities in Froling and Drmic."

The biggest defensive liability was Griffin. Worst defensive big I've ever seen for us.

Reply #815306 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

The biggest defensive liability was Griffin. Worst defensive big I've ever seen for us.

He wasn't even the worst defensive big on the team last season.

Reply #815312 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

DJ is a shocker defensively.

We need IH, Pinder, Kyei to get the job done.

Reply #815329 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Years ago

Joey never seemed to understand the importance of balancing out the front court with a more defensive minded player. Griffin was talented but not what they needed.

Reply #815330 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Joey understood it all too well hence why he brought Griffin off the bench and started Kyei. Something went seriously wrong there with the signing of Griffin almost like he was foisted upon Joey. He was supposedly on big money despite being cut three times the previous season and clearly a mediocre player.

Reply #815333 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Could have been an offensive force if his basketball IQ was there, unfortunately it wasn't he made bad decisions.

He seemed too lazy to become a disruptor type defender as well

Reply #815338 | Report this post

King  
Years ago

two slow footed centres???!!
Humphries has NBA level athelticism for a big. DJ is quick on his feet. What a very dumb comment by someone who doesn't watch Adelaide or know anything about Humphries.

Reply #815340 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

The difference in 5 percent in your guards compared to an opponent is not that much to give up. Our bigs have 20% in their favour against majority of other bigs. We should be ok from the 3

Reply #815343 | Report this post

Phil  
Years ago

I'm intrigued by what this team could do but a lack of reliable shooters means teams could pack the key.

We either need more shooters or to be awesome at forcing turnovers and running and gunning.

If we’re going after another import I hope it’s a shooter but I’m unsure if there’s a lot of good 3pt shooting small forwards available. They’re too valuable around the world with the game played as it is.

Reply #815346 | Report this post

King  
Years ago

Oh God. Phils not getting it either. This is what watching the NBA does to you. Automatically think teams need "more shooters" when they already have enough and the NBL DOESN'T WORK LIKE THE NBA.

Reply #815356 | Report this post

Phil  
Years ago

The last time I checked nbl plays basketball.

If you don't have a lot of shooters, teams can pack the key. This is common fucking sense unless you’re brain dead.

There are ways around that, like I mentioned forcing turnovers and running can get you shots where the oppo doesn’t set up, or just have players capable or creating shots inside a packed key. The triangle offense was created for such a thing.

Reply #815396 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Zodiac

I think you will find the data shows Griffin to be a terrible pick and roll defender, as in one of the worst of all time.

DJ, Froling etc also not great but Griffin was on another planet.

Reply #815418 | Report this post

Mathew  
Years ago

This is a slight improvement from last years squad but I'm judging that on the end product of last year when it all went down. The start of last year I thought Adelaide had a team to take 4th spot.
I’m a member and this team doesn’t make playoffs, they’re not better than NZ, they’re not better than Brisbane, Perth still have cotton so you know they’re playing in the playoffs and Melbourne will do Melbourne things and pull something. I have Adelaide 5-7 position and until I see the schedule I’m gonna put them at 11-13 wins maybe 14 if they get another import which I believe they will.

Reply #815606 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Plus everyone seems to forget that Henry was not convincing as a head coach during his time in Perth.

Reply #815610 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:47 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754