Diamon
Years ago

6ers Imports

Production and performance of the 6ers imports has been highly questionable.

Will the 6ers stick with them, or will they send them packing?

Do they have the capacity to explore other options, and would they be allowed into the country? If not, are they stuck with them?

Topic #48014 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't know. Only Jeffrey knows. Talk to Jeffrey.

Reply #829289 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Sloan was on song last game.

Give them a chance

Reply #829304 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When they start losing games and drop a few games below .500, Crocker will be gone.

He's far more dispensable than Sloan, who'd I assume will be of value to the club whilst he has Giddey under his wing and shows him the ropes.

The only question is how cheap do the 36ers want to be with his replacement. Adelaide fans are passionate and will not accept the club not giving winning a fair shake.

Reply #829306 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers imports to stay whole season ....guaranteed...Owner

won't fire them after all he picked them ahead of Henry.

Reply #829316 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

For the love of god please stop hating on the fcking Sixers or their imports... if y'all think they gonna go bottom why the hell you care about them so much that... it’s all y’all talk about. Sloan had a hella good game after the first coaching adjustment of the season for him. Crocker has been killing it on defence but y’all only look at points. He came in and scored 7 in the first quarter and got the boys going and then play huge defence at the end of the game. I have no idea what your problems are with Adelaide but go focus on your wives or some other shit smh. At the end of the day it’s been 4 games and each game they showed improvement. Ppl talk all about Adelaide but what about Colton iverson, or Scotty hopson 4 points in first game... don’t see y’all saying they should get kicked.

Reply #829324 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I asked my wire and she said they are both rubbish

Reply #829325 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Different opinions are allowed.

Reply #829339 | Report this post

Jock  
Years ago

Definitely stuck with the imports and they will improve in time - gotta let them adjust and get used to their team-mates. My only concern is the depth of the team bench, if there's injuries during the season - they're in strife!

Reply #829341 | Report this post

Anonn  
Years ago

No idea..... they been steadily improving each week...how is that a problem... unlike comments here....
Imports will be solid and power Sixers to respectability... pushtop 4... clearly some don't see what I see.2 best playing their trade in for the long haul.. will bring all giddey ... they know how to create winning culture. Back in the club

Reply #829344 | Report this post

Truth Seeker  
Years ago

I think it's important to understand that Adelaide, as a city, is a bit of a laughing stock so as long as their imports give the impression that they're trying they'll be safe. In fact, I'll go as far as to say that they'll be given participation awards at the end of the season.

Congratulations to the 6ers amazing imports and the clear and decisive contributions they make to the city of churches and those lovely priests.

Reply #829346 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Barry Crocker. Bye.

Reply #829358 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You know what it's like buying markdowns or reduced meat at the supermarket, well that's how the Sixers roll, waiting on the bargains.

Adelaide won't make playoffs anyone who thinks that should lay off the methylamphetimine

Reply #829391 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

6'ers yet another underwhelming season ahead. Do they really think that a many times failed JVG will help them? Kings fail and Tigers fail, Sixers fail. They are idiots for hiring him.

Reply #829393 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

When they start losing games and drop a few games below .500, Crocker will be gone.
If they've played enough games to be "a few games below .500", it's too late to bring in a new import.

Reply #829398 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Truth seeker what wonderful state are you from?

Reply #829408 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

"Adelaide, as a city, is a bit of a laughing stock"

Ridiculous. I'd rate it second to Melbourne imo

Melbourne
Adelaide
Brisbane
Perth
Sydney

Haven’t lived in Canberra/Hobart/Darwin so wouldn’t know.

Reply #829414 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ranking Adelaide 2nd best city to live in. Are you suffering concussion? Best not comment on this forum for the next week.

Reply #829419 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melbourne
Hobart
Adelaide
Sydney
Canberra
Brisbane
Perth.

Reply #829421 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Best to live in all cities before commenting.

Reply #829425 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

The ranking is subjective.

Adelaide may have attractive aspects of life that he weighs heavily.

It doesn't mean your City or other cities are substandard.

Reply #829430 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I live in Perth currently, probably now permanently.
Have lived in Adelaide and Auckland.
Didn't mind Adelaide to be honest.

Reply #829437 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

" Ranking Adelaide 2nd best city to live in. Are you suffering concussion? Best not comment on this forum for the next week."

Have you lived in Adelaide?

Mediterranean climate - constant sun and dry heat that's not consistently oppressive, easily accessible beaches - ones that are nice (unlike Melbourne), easy to navigate, the CBD is not too busy (Sydney), not too empty (Perth), the best city for food/produce, the small bar scene is fantastic (peel st, Leigh st, Rundle st), the coffee spots rival Melbourne’s (Tell Henry a personal fav). Adelaide Hills towns close to the city (Stirling, Hahndorf), and top shelf wineries between Barossa and Mclarenvale.

Madmarch festivals, tour down under, Adelaide Oval...

It’s knocks are: not enough private sector (brain drain), lack of built up inner suburbs (South Yarra, Toorak etc), Public transport (most people drive to get places)

Reply #829443 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gee, turned into an episode of Getaway!!!

Reply #829447 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They are both bums

Reply #829448 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

This will most likely be the first season where imports will be kept for the full season

Reply #829451 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Happens every single year.

New imports are judged on a handful of games and armchair coaches want to send them home.

I clearly remember Wildcat fans having return plane tickets booked for Beal and Lisch after first few games and they turned out to be ok.

Both Sloan and Crocker have shown glimpses. When they adjust to all the variables (refs, game style, coaching, team mates, long layoff, scout of opposition etc) then they will be fine.

There were a lot of negatives about Humphries early on and look at what he has done.

My main concern with Adelaide is with Giddey. Can we please leave the kid alone and let him develop. He is a long way off where a lot of people think/wish he is and needs time.

At the moment he really struggles to stay in front of anyone on D (which may be his biggest obstacle to NBA) and isn't explosive enough to create space. He is great when he gets a step and is in lane, and passing is good.

The NBL, commentators, and other fanboys are really hurting him with all this over promotion (his name is mentioned about 100 times by commentators) and it is actually hurting him.

I can see him getting down on the coaching etc with court time and shot opportunities as he is getting so pumped up and will likely believe that he should play in front of Sloan/Crocker.

And for NBA scouts, I doubt they are seeing what all the hype is about...

Reply #829457 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lisch was 100% going home , then he hit the game winner in Townsville and bought himself some more games. Rest is history.

Reply #829461 | Report this post

Shano76  
Years ago

Crocker killing it on defence? Must be watching different games to me. Tries hard but has costly lapses.
Not like 6ers are gonna make playoffs or anything, so if they stay they stay. Pretty pi55 weak though, 19 year title drought and counting. Makes me long for the days we were actually good.

Reply #829478 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

19 years shit that's rough.

People crap on about Perths streak possibly ending but we don't wait 19 or more years for a title.

Adelaide aren't good but if I was a Sixers fan I would enjoy the Giddey show.

Reply #829483 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

If Humphries and DJ continue to cause headaches together I think we will see a big improvement in Sloan and Crocker as they adjust to the team and league. Gotta remember for a lot of the imports they just got here and then had to quarantine. Sloan looks dso much better against the Breakers, you could see the belief and confidence starting to grow.
Their last couple games are 100% better than what they showed in first game against Melb. Crocker knocking down 7 pts in first couple of mins in last game was interesting to see. If he can get hot like the for periods of time he could knock down 15pts before you know it.
Some big 3pt shots from Sloan and ice cold freethrows were crucial for Sixers win.
I was writing them off after the first 2 games but I'm am willing to give them some time based on recent games and with the quarantine rules clubs need to be careful about just replacing players. My main concern with Sloan is he hasn't beaten his defender enough and got to the rim for layups.

Reply #829486 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Ok Sloan was much better last game and probably do enough to not be sacked , but really not the answer as has totally no defence and in fact coach hides him on D .
Just doesn't have the offence as to slow with ball and lacking in penetration and his 3 s looked ok in last game is wait and see.
Crocker again has no D although can steal a ball now and again and simply doesn't worry the scorers to any degree or create openings .
But if wait too long season will be lost and are desperate for a 3 shooter of some standard.

Reply #829521 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Ok Sloan was much better last game and probably do enough to not be sacked , but really not the answer as has totally no defence and in fact coach hides him on D .
Just doesn't have the offence as to slow with ball and lacking in penetration and his 3 s looked ok in last game is wait and see.
Crocker again has no D although can steal a ball now and again and simply doesn't worry the scorers to any degree or create openings .
But if wait too long season will be lost and are desperate for a 3 shooter of some standard.

Reply #829522 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

If you think Tony has no D you mate know nothing about basketball....

Reply #829523 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:02 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754