Spinner
Years ago

Why can’t Sixers win game 2 against same team??

Won against SEM game 1 and then lost game 2
Won against Sydney game 1 and the lost game 2
Won against Brisbane game 1 and the lost game 2

Is this just coincidence? Is coach not changing up for game 2? Are the players not focusing on the game plan?

Topic #48104 | Report this topic

Perthworld  
Years ago

Ditto for Wildcats.

Reply #832896 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Poor New Zealand getting forgotten.

Reply #832900 | Report this post

Shano76  
Years ago

I reckon it's the other team makes the adjustments and we don’t have a plan b. We only really win when DJ and Isaac fire. Don’t have much depth and very average contributions from imports.
Hopefully Brandon Paul can help.
No team with Teys, Dillon, Pinder and Mudronja(excised as young) really has a legitimate claim on top 4. Especially when you add Crocker and Sloan as the imports. Too much on Isaac, DJ and an 18 year old.

Reply #832901 | Report this post

mimi57  
Years ago

Well they are in top 4.. so not sure your theory stacks up..
Reality check 3rd... with import to add...suggest travelling ok.. wins on the board. Points in the bank .. as Mcvay would say yay boys on the way with mcvay...

Reply #832904 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Perhaps the Sixers need to embark on a program with Collective Minds to "unlock the next frontier of high performance" 

But on a serious note, the Sixers have been outscored by their opponents in the second half of all but 2 games they have played this season (& excluding points scored in overtime).

Reply #832906 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I'ts been very disheartening how average our record is despite playing 8 of our 9 games at home. We've only got a 5-4 record and 13 of our last 19 games will be on the road. We persisted with Sloan/Kendle for too long.

Reply #832910 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide have impressed me Zodiac.
Originally had them finishing 9th but they look good.
Now I think 7th.

Reply #832912 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They are 1-3 in second games against the same oppo, so hardly catastrophic. That said, in the three losses the oppo has adjusted to take away their inside game and the 36ers haven't found a solution, something I'm sure they're working on, and not helped by Sloan's lack of performance and departure.

Reply #832913 | Report this post

mimi57  
Years ago

Doubters doubters doubters ....

Reply #832914 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You have played the bottom half of the league and an injury depleted Sydney. Fools gold in Adelaide as always

Reply #832919 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As above I agree its been fools gold. Spanked my MU and Sydney missing 4 pieces. SEM missed 14 Free Throws in a 2xOT game and Breakers got hosed twice in late game calls that would have won them that game.

Connor has one plan, opposition coaches adjust and improve he doesnt.

Reply #832922 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If I remember correctly, on NBL Overtime yesterday they mentioned that 12 out of 15 times this season in back to backs the team that lost in the first game bounced back and won the second. Looks likes all teams are struggling to put multiple win together (besides Melbourne).

Reply #832924 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And gifted a win by the refs against NZ.

Reply #832928 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

United haven't played more than one game in a week so far have they? Schedule fairies have been very kind to them

Reply #832929 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings outs were 37 year old Kickett, Glover big loss, Didi highly overrated, Cooks on what we see last season is slightly overrated. I'm not certain the injuries should keep being brought up.
The Sixers are well placed, are they going to play finals, perhaps it’ll be that close but they are team that at least looks like playing both ends of the floor. Now there is a starting point. I’m JVG knocker but I think they are heading in the right direction.

Reply #832938 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings missing 2 starters is a big deal

Reply #832942 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"United haven't played more than one game in a week so far have they? Schedule fairies have been very kind to them"

Round 4 v Brisbane and Perth. They then played Illawarra three days later, making if three games in five days. Despite the nasty scheduling fairies, they won them all ;-)

Reply #832944 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#938 Adelaide aren't playing finals unless Paul is LBJ.

Reply #832947 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth play with 4 starters every week.

Reply #832948 | Report this post

36ers Definitely made adjustments for the second game against Brisbane. They decided to stop guarding Law. It wasn't a great plan.

Reply #833046 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ basketball for this please

Reply #833048 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What do you mean Chairman, they held him to 27pts.

Reply #833050 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:24 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754