NBL1 Central Predictions

1st - Forrestville

- too strong

2nd. North.

- with their Patrick Thomas signing I think they'll suprise many

3rd. South

Starling & John’s dynamic

4th. Norwood

Webber’s been putting in the work this offseason. Addition of ray is big and towel waver Jordy Wilson with maybe play a game has an injury pencilled in for round 2.

5th. Sturt

Solid young kids, will be competitive, will miss Tom Kubank.

6th. Woodville Warriors

7th. Mavericks

8th Southern

Coop to grab them a couple wins, all star five ???

9th Centrals

10th West

No big addictions and many a men have left.

Topic #48139 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think you have underestimated Woodville & Southern. IMO Woodville to be in top 4 this season if they have a full roster and Southern above Sturt. Sturt has a great team of outside shooters - but if they are having off nights - they have nothing to fall back on cause they aren't strong in the paint.

Reply #834493 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

North won't have Thomas. They are struggling for players as you can see on Tuesdays. There are at least 5-6 teams I would have over them.

As usual whoever gets the best imports will win. At the moments that’s Norwood and Forestville. South close though since they have two and the second one dominated in Darwin. Coach Petty knows how to pick them.

Reply #834508 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norwood having Turnage means nothing. You all saw what he/the team did last year... absolutely F all. It'll come down to best local talent again. I’m taking....

Forestville
Sturt/Southern
South
Woodville
The rest

Reply #834513 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What about the year before when he was actually in the country for finals?

Reply #834514 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

North don't appear to be struggling on Tuesday’s? They were competitive with a good Norwood team last round, appears experience got the better of them.

Reply #834517 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norwood certainly don't have the same depth to surround him as Southern did that year.

Reply #834523 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

How many of the Sixers squad will be playing in the comp?

Reply #834542 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They have more. Webber's & Lycett are champions.

Reply #834555 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#555 hahahaha

Reply #834559 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forestville's strength will be dictated by the strength of their legal team and whether Hulland bails back to Norwood for money

Reply #834560 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hulland ain't going back to Norwood because of Webber's, they were reason he left.

Reply #834561 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dollars talk with some players

Reply #834564 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Hulland the lowest performing 6ers DP ever in NBL1? What's he average, like 7 points?

If you’re a coordinated 7 footer in NBL1 central you should average 25 just like Big Bad Blake Truslove.

Reply #834590 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With no Americans coming in there will be a log jam for 36ers players , I'm sure teams will pay overs

What is the new south import like from darwin ?

Reply #834617 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Apparently lightning quick. Hasn't shown his best yet but once Petty works out he is lethal from the mid range he will be very good.

Reply #834619 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lowest performing NBL1 dp players? Tyson Hoffman just said hold my beer!

Reply #834718 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Which clubs will be significantly stronger than their current Reserves teams. I don't think you can make a call on what you are currently seeing

Reply #834727 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hasn't David Humphries rejoined Centrals, but losing Jimma was big.

Reply #834753 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

1. Forestville - big 3 of Harris Brine Mays too good and you know Andy will add.
2. Norwood - CJ is the best offensive player in the league, great coach, veterans. Will go close.
3. Sturt - guard heavy but high quality and Rigoni will be COTY again.
4. South - Starling rejoins his old Southern mates. Will fancy themselves and 2nd import could be the difference.
5. Centrals - Humphries will be all star 5 and great athletes all around.

6. Woodville - will surprise. Have size and a great coach. Import appears solid.
7. Southern - Koop too big and strong for this league. Some handy additions too. Could make finals.
8. North - judging by Tuesdays this will be Nybergs shallowest team.
9. West - will be fighting in Earnest for last position...
10. Eastern - poor Rojo.

Reply #834757 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure where the Thomas to North news has come from, he is currently quarantining at Whitmore's mansion. Rumours have it Woodville have been collecting cans and bottles for the past year to afford the contract.

Reply #834807 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

McLean and Nyberg to both miss finals. 2021 is a strange time.

Reply #834847 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

South import from darwin still here ??

Heard he may have gone already

Reply #834854 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doubt that. Petty has been telling anyone who will listen that he is one of the best guards in the league.

Reply #834861 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Darwin league?

I'm sure Corey and Dean may have a few aces up their sleeves

Reply #834864 | Report this post

Jock  
Years ago

Big loss to West losing DeSantis.
Big loss to Sturt losing Kubank. Is Joel Spear staying with Sturt as he's still mentioned on Diamond Valley Eagles roster?
Big loss to North losing Marshall.

** Forestville, how strong will they be without their NBL stars as the two leagues clash (NBL & NBL1)?

** I think the surprise will be North / Norwood and possibly South.

Reply #834927 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm hearing North are trying to sign Mudronja so he can play with McVeigh, of course when they’re released from NBL duties which will be at the tail end of NBL1 season. I bet ya Hulland will join them too as they’re all n mates!

Reply #834930 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who ever said Norwood has a great coach???

Reply #834936 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ it was me - I coach U14 Div 99 at Norwood and I know a good coach when I see one

Reply #834940 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've seen Norwoods coach and he is elite particularly at this level. Who else has NBA on their resume?

Reply #834949 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Putting the words on your resume is one thing. Actually having it is a different thing. This shows how naive those that lead the club are. They exist in a false reality in my experience.

Reply #834950 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Malat would be second favourite for COTY behind Rigoni.

Reply #835022 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sloan had NBA on resume, your point. And if he's so good what's he doing in good old Adelaide.

Reply #835058 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes fellow coaches and referees will certainly vote for Malat for COTY. Sounds legit.

Reply #835059 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any other big moves in the league? Who will Mavs add to their Tuesday night team?

Reply #835070 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What you see with Mavs is what you are going to get come round 1

Reply #835076 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mavs are destroyed. BSA should look at removing them in the Men's Comp. They are weak at Committee level and worse on court.

Reply #835092 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They have Paul Aleer from Queensland. He will be fighting McCalop for All Star 5 in the C position.

Reply #835107 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No-one has any idea how teams will perform given the uncertainty over final squads. Most team have many out - Does anyone thing Forestville will finish bottom based on Reserves results? Andy QC, has many sleeves from which extract tricks to change those results.

How many players have Norwood, North and West to come into their teams or is that it?

I saw the scores from Norwood's game - CJ only scored 2 points against Mavs - has he finally been worked out, is the COTY playing him in a different role, is he injured, did he have to leave early to get to a wedding......

Reply #835260 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seeing CJ from afar for a while now I can't imagine he would care much about Tuesdays nights. He is established here.

Rumours Eastern have a couple gun imports coming and southern to bring in an import currently in Aus and an overseas import.

Reply #835344 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gotta love hearing about vague bullshit rumours. Sixers can't get a gun import but eastern can?

Reply #835355 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That would mean southern get rid of Cooper or they are allowed 3 imports , maths not right

Reply #835356 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gun is relative. A gun in NBL1 is easier to find.

Koop is Australian now as he has his citizenship.

Reply #835391 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seb Vozzo back for Mavs and tearing it up, dark horse for title.

Reply #835405 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vozzo is an underrated pick up. West will be spewing to lose him after they thought they had him stitched up.

Reply #835423 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vozzo scores big cause he doesn't know what "pass the ball" means. If they let internationals in by the time the season starts with quarantine time then we'll see additional import players but my guess is the only place to get additional players are the ones that are already on terra firma.

Reply #835430 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Coop #'s are terrible...I'm surprised Southern will keep him on.

Reply #835431 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Majier Garang to the Flames. 6-10" big guy who led the WA SBL in rebounds in 2020 while also scoring around 14ppg.

Reply #835439 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hear he has already been given his marching orders.

Reply #835478 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:24 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754