Jack Toft
Years ago

MEL v SYD Feb 27

Melbourne are still top of the table and will be looking to give Sydney the finger. Sydney are not playing a bad brand of basketball, but Melbourne went off like a zit on a teenager's back against the Sixers and will be harder to contain than a Trump supporter at a gun show sale.

Topic #48143 | Report this topic

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Given White, Goulding and Ili? are out even with Sydney's injuries I think Sydney can win this.

Reply #834579 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shea Ili back I believe.

Reply #834582 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melbourne will be be to good Ili will tournament the Sydney guards as will baba. Hunter on Landale is certainly going to be a lot tougher for Hunter, if Sydney play Kickett on either United five men it'll be curtains real fast.
United could make this Sydney’s first two figure loss, Forde still struggling with his subs and team balance. United by 19.

Reply #834594 | Report this post

Kb_24  
Years ago

Melbourne will win despite of injury their facing..With the good defense of Baba..Melbourne by 5

Reply #834598 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Looking forward to seeing more of the JLA-Landale combo. Either of them will torch Kickert.

Both teams impacted by injuries.

Interestingly Sydney has won 4 of their last 6 games, all by double digits

United despite being 8-1 has only 2 double digit wins. The last one back in 5th Feb in Brisbane where the final 13 point margin flattered them.

Should be close like most of United's games this year. Both quality outfits that I expect to see in playoffs.

Reply #834601 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Obvious but much depends on Casper

Kings relying on him more than usual atm.

If United gets hot and successfully makes Casper life hard, this could be a blow out. But if Casper keeps up his good form it'll be another close one. Could go either way.

Reply #834602 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Obvious but much depends on Casper

Kings relying on him more than usual atm."

They've actually taken the ball out of his hands more and giving other players more opportunities to create, and Ware is being a lot more effective because of it.

Reply #834610 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melbourne outs - Goulding and White
Sydney outs - Martin, Cooks and Glover.

both teams playing their 4th game in a week.
Basically a fair contest

Reply #834612 | Report this post

Dreamweaver  
Years ago

Sydney has this.

Reply #834673 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does Barlow own the most retarded looking jump shot in the history of the NBL

It really makes me angry how ugly it is

Reply #834737 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Copeland seems pretty salty

Reply #834741 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Copeland sounds cooked.

Reply #834742 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

He has a big night at da club last night.

Reply #834744 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

had*

Reply #834745 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow dat Drewy poster

Reply #834749 | Report this post

Midrange  
Years ago

Dj is perfect in the back courtyard with Ware.

United look cooked relying on a lot of iso.

Reply #834750 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Going by that suit you'd think Forde was a 'made guy'.

Reply #834751 | Report this post

Midrange  
Years ago

Backcourt*

Reply #834752 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

One time ago Refs would call a jump ball if unsure about who touched it last outta court. Although they are getting a little better/quicker doing all the reviews, now. Would rather a jump ball than looong review.
Good to hear a little bitta noise from a crowd, an audience.

Reply #834755 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

I wish someone would teach JLA some footwork. Otherwise, Sydney might as well just give him the ball and let him fall over by himself.

Reply #834756 | Report this post

Lanard  
Years ago

Just a few Jacks & Coke between games fellas. Doubt my commentary? Check my numbers. Where have the Websters been in this game?

Reply #834760 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Home cooking

Reply #834761 | Report this post

Glen  
Years ago

No call on the by Londale or the hook on McCarron. Fait accompli?

Reply #834763 | Report this post

Yinka Dare  
Years ago

Didi ain't making the nba anytime soon....or ever

Reply #834765 | Report this post

Glen  
Years ago

"Clearout by Landale"

Reply #834766 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Poor by Ware -shoots a three with time on his side but only down by one.

Reply #834768 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #834769 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surely you'd go to the hoop, at least try and draw contact? Was working well for Ware for a few possessions before.

Reply #834771 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Score three times in a row in the paint, then decide to shoot a 3 when you're only down 1.

Just NBL things.

Reply #834772 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sydney ain't clutch for shit...another close loss and a bad last possession.

Reply #834773 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Ware's last shot was an awful choice, he could have taken that further to the rim.

Reply #834778 | Report this post

JMS  
Years ago

Really impressive performance from United. Landale is such a great addition to this team in terms of culture and competitiveness. Can't wait to see how things translates for the Boomers. McCarron clutch again and showing he can certainly run the point. Nice return for Lli who has really found his niche.

I was critical of Vickeman’s overly generous rotation policy however it comes to the fore with injuries and he can take the credit for the depth on display.

For the Kings surprised to see Vasiljevic be benched at times, he’s a genuine gun (name a better rookie). Ware quality but some strange decisions down the stretch.

Reply #834781 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Ware blew it.
Credit to Melb, Ili looked good out there.

Reply #834783 | Report this post

Brisbane35ers  
Years ago

The refs were terrible, reckon they were under pressure from vickerman

Reply #834784 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

LV is quiet must only appear when Melbourne lose.

Reply #834811 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Ware blew it"

Feels like deja vu every few weeks...

Reply #834821 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ware has blown 3 games this season, the subbing of Forde has rhyme or reason, Dejan gets subbed out when points are required, played to death when others are scoring. Sydney shot the lights out in first quarter, Melbourne could not buy a basket, after quarter time Melbourne just kept pegging it back. McCarron was excellent, Landale was good, not as big as I thought, considering Goulding and White were out, they will take some beating. Hopson really had a dig and looking more like nz Hopson. Once there offence settles down they will take some beating. Sydney are playing hard for new coach, there offence though relies on chuck it to Casper or Dejan, Didi then wants to start chucking it up as well. Kickett I'm not certain he has played a season to long, looking slow and didn’t look like scoring.

A great nights entertainment, I enjoyed it after not being for a while, and at ten bucks. Well done nbl.

Reply #834822 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Casper trying to be a hero?

Reply #834826 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

[LV is quiet must only appear when Melbourne lose.]

Didn't watch, first game this season I've missed

Sounds just like all the others- United does enough to keep winning

Reply #834827 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For what it is worth I think the Kings are doing fine considering the amount of injuries they have.
Once Martin,Cooks & Glover ( if he hasn't done his ACL again) will be better for more targets to score & to play defence
You would think with the rotation of players that Forde is playing with at the moment that fatigue is a factor , but hey every team is in the same situation at the moment with playing so many games in a short amount of time in Melbourne

Reply #834835 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Martin, yes will help, Glover probably not this season and Cooks was average last season.

Reply #834836 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Coach blaming himself in press conference, Dejan saying he got selfish in last and didn't take a rebound, guards take rebounds when bigs box out, Kickett,Bodanavic don’t box out, the simple things win games, it was obvious kings could not keep shooting that percentage of the first quarter, coach is learning on run but he has a lot better squad than there current position. Two player offence isn’t going to do it. Didi, struggle streat, Moller not getting much of a run, Bruce playing well, Casper in spurts but not consistent.

Don’t think kings will play finals, it should be Melbourne then daylight but Perth can get them, certainly if they get another import. Mooney can stop Landale or at least go even and that hurts United.

Reply #834858 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"coach is learning on run but he has a lot better squad than there current position."

If they were all actually healthy and playing, yes. Given the run they've had, they're in a good spot to challenge for top two later in the season.

Reply #834904 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^^ I don't see it, there offence is dribble hand off, oh and dribble hand off. Martin will add strength and he’s offensively great, no Tate though.

Reply #834908 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:04 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754