Jack Toft
Years ago

Cairns v Melbourne Apr 4

Cairns won their last home game, but on Friday in Melbourne they went to Australia's "most liveable city"only to find pain.

Tonight they get to try to claw one back. They're not full strength but sometimes, you just gotta lift to create history. It's a hard task to turn around 10 points in two days, but stranger things have happened and let's face it, it might be top v bottom, but as we know the NBL say to expect the unexpected.

Could this be the game United spill their decaf?

Topic #48316 | Report this topic

It's all up to oliver domination landale and the glass and slowing down thee tempo. cairns putting enough pressure of the ball to force those turnovers which we know can happen with United. Which sends them stagnant with no movement. I think melbourne will get this, they want every win possible just incase perth slip and that finals home court is in play.

Reply #840755 | Report this post

Being a split game you would think caines make the adjustments and make oh so close if not sweetie past

Reply #840756 | Report this post

Squeak'’’’
Unlikely but verry possible

Reply #840757 | Report this post

Squeak'’’’
Unlikely but verry possible

Reply #840758 | Report this post

Apologies for the double posts..... how do you delete it?

Reply #840759 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

White big loss, Melbourne got to many guns though and should win comfortably. Cairns roster is not very good except for a few. United by 18.

Reply #840773 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Come on Cairns! We need United and SEM to drop a few games, which will make the race for the remaining 3 playoff spots super interesting. Because once the playoffs start, it's all Perth.

Reply #840775 | Report this post

Don't get me wrong, love watching Melbourne play great fast paced athletic high energy fun ball.
At times though, there is no real leader to step up and absolutely dominate for stretches when it’s do or die time. I know they can with the very talented roster (of coarse injuries are a huge factor) but with a consistently over the season that’s more like Swiss cheese. In contrast to say a consistent mvp player each year whos shot release, assists and speed is getting better each year. Plus lives for the clutch moments almost every game to put the cats over the line to win. With Melbourne when it starts to crack, it’s like no one knows how to move the ball with confidence and run the risk of getting picked apart. Then turnovers and communication seem to disappear. (I’ve watched a lot of games from the courtside and the last finials with melb and perth. Hopefully that’s something they have sorted out, but going against a team that has a weapon who says, "it’s winning time now in crunch situations" and thrives! If it’s tied up with 2mins to go, sorry I’ll be all in on cotton sealing the deal. To have the explosive first step that late in the game that creates himself just enough room too take the shot that mostly drops..... I just can’t see Melbourne running away (out of reach of coarse) where the cats take the game into the mud and keep it close enough and close it out.

Reply #840781 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

No doubt White is a big loss but Melbourne are a class above Cairns and should win easily.

Reply #840783 | Report this post

Bolt  
Years ago

McCarron is their leader - and a bloody great one at that. Can't recall seeing Melbourne crack this season to the extent you’re implying. They’ve lost games but they’ve also suffered from injuries which will fark with any teams flow.

If they replace White with an import they’ll still be in it for mine. In saying that, Peatling has been outstanding for a rookie, and although he’s going to be a great pro, they need a little more athleticism around the rim to win it.

Reply #840784 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What's Peatling best position? Four or the five.

Reply #840788 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Hope United lose.

Go Cairns.

Reply #840797 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lovebroker hope you get hit by a car and break your leg.

Go trucks!

Reply #840809 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Cairns shot the ball well on Friday and will be feeling confident at home

But, my tip is United comfortably. Cairns 85 points on Friday was actually their best in the past 7 games. I expect United to make some adjustments, turn the screws and keep Cairns well contained.

Reply #840819 | Report this post

Hi  
Years ago

Hello does nbl teams have those revenge factor? Will carins win tonight? Pls opinions

Reply #840829 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

United too talented.

Reply #840834 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hooley seems like a top bloke but god he's cringeworthy as an announcer.

Reply #840857 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hooley is one of the best callers, not certain what grates you.

Cairns hanging tough. United are an enigma.

Reply #840859 | Report this post

Lol 13 points in the 4th.... 5 legit playing time points. Cairns looked completely ruined. Felt for everyone who went to go watch or had any faith they may hang with United.

Reply #840868 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

13 points and really the SM3 three should not have counted (5 second violation on the inbound, was given 12 seconds), Cam Oliver traveled on the dunk, then they are lucky Cam wasn't called for the goaltend on the end of game Baba three.

United were lucky. Cannot miss so many easy shots and escape too often.

Reply #840869 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Cairns desperately missing Noi and Deng

Kenny and Krslovic aren't starter level players in the NBL. Both scoreless today

Those 2 plus Blagosevic, King and Dufelmeir combined for 4 points.

Reply #840871 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Deng has been fine, Noi has been awful, you are right about Krislovic though and he's a starter. King and Duffelmeir are dp so probably should not be getting much game time, neither looks like they can shoot. Blagosevic doesn’t seem to have Kelly’s approval, he’s a late bench player at best at present but looks like he may improve. Djeric plays far to many minutes for his level of talent.

Cairns look like they need to move a few on but probably don’t have money to replace them with to improve. Kelly wants defence but brings in players that are not that defensive.

Reply #840875 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone else seen the @LKNBLb twitter
Account?
I highly recommend you do!
Pissa!

Reply #840885 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Twitter. Meh.

Reply #840887 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Twitter is still a thing? Meh.

Reply #840894 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Why wasn't that last second Baba 3 counted as a goal tend by Oliver.

The NBL has put it as a missed 3PA so obviously it was released within the clock, and its obviously goaltended.

Reply #840898 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Good question.

Reply #840899 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If it was Cotton they would have counted the 3 and given him an extra free throw

Reply #840900 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

https://twitter.com/LknblB

Reply #841036 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#036 simply the dumbest attempt at humour ever

Reply #841039 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:57 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754