NBLcentralWOJ
Years ago

NBL1 Central Round 6 Preview

Forestville Vs Sturt
Looked like Forestville had Woodville under control until a 31-14 last quarter got the Warriors a 4 point win. Not a very deep team with 4 players accounting for 77 out of the 82 points. Could have been simply the depth of Woodville that got them the win, but Forestville will have to get some other contributors if someone has an off game.
Sturt accounted for North easily, just cruising along at the moment and top with no losses.
However, will go with Forestville, Mays and Brine to have big games.

Southern Vs Norwood
Southern had an early scare against Centrals before pulling away for a win. Machar Machar (Pronounced the way it looks for the commentators benefits, not Masher Masher as has been used in past) had a big game against his former club.
Norwood had an easy win against Eastern, although took a big last quarter to push it out to final margin with a 30-16 margin.
Expect Turnage to continue his rampage with probably another 30 point effort and giving his former tiger fans nightmares. Norwood for me.

West Vs Eastern
Could be very well Eastern's best chance to get a win if Bearcats come out disinterested as usual. Not sure if Wise will suit, but could prove a difference (not sure if that's ever been said in the same sentence) with his size, just a matter if he uses it and doesn't just shoot jump shots. Plus he cant guard a tree.
West, on paper, should take this one easily. But they play with no sense of urgency 90% of the time, not sure if they have tuned out coaching staff or just hoping Ross will lead them to victory by himself. Either way, its not working.
Grudgingly going for West, but don't be surprised if Eastern pull off the upset.

Woodville Vs South
Probably pre season choice for grand final teams. Woodville taking care of business but had to work hard to knock over Forestville last week and crashed against Sturt previously. South got a much needed win against West last week, but were hardly impressive. Woodville have a lot of big bodies to go up against Starling who's been carrying South this season. Think Woodville will have more talent this time around.

North Vs Central
North has just been terrible so far this season, just a notch above Eastern. Centrals have had some good stretches, just haven't been able to put a full game together apart from opener against West. Not sure if North are waiving the white flag until Jack and Sunday arrive, but they really need to knock the Lions off if they want to keep in daylight of the top 5.
But picking Lions to take this one out.

Topic #48452 | Report this topic

Johnno  
Years ago

doot doot

Reply #846938 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

IMO

Forestville will get into foul trouble against Sturt - and Sturt will shoot the lights out from the perimeter. Sturt to win by 9

Southern are acting way too cocky and will get put back in their place by Norwood. Norwood by 9

West and Eastern - Wise is a lost cause and a waste of court space and no depth. West to win in a nail biter by 2.

Woodville and South. Woodville bigs to contain Starling and Jacobs will put a stop to Johns. Hoppo is hit and miss from the field and Ciabattoni is just a heavy hitter trying to get a rise in players. Woodville by 11

North and Centrals - North is all talk and no action. Centrals are fired up and will win by 15

Should be a cracking weekend of basketball though.

Reply #847070 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Might be a great round but not much interest in it

From a layman's perspective

Sturt over Forestville. Sturt too deep and too well drilled. Forestville have no bench especially when you consider they are starting and playing one person for 30+ minutes when President publicly said was7/8 player good for maybe 10 minutes

Norwood over Southern. I’m surprised Southern going so well and While Norwood lack depth Turnage covers lots of issues there

West over Eastern. West are performing poorly but Eastern are worse. West have talent if can perform

Woodville over South. Would you ever say Woodville is better coached but I feel that is the case. Starling needs people around him to consistently step up to win this

North over Central. North has more individual talent but too many of them need the ball in their hands to contribute. Dean needs to get the balance right between finishers and facilitators. I feel Centrals is a poor mans North at the moment.

Reply #847317 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any way to watch the streams without the commentary?

Reply #847342 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes. Turn volume down!

Reply #847344 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Still want to hear the game. Commentary is cringeworthy

Reply #847346 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All seem to be wanting to be the next Billy Brownless, just absolute drivel most of the time. Surely there are kids studying journalism/reporting etc that can be brought in for serious commentary and have one of these knuckleheads to talk a bit of the game. Seriously pray that theres never a 3 made at port Adelaide again as well as the shout outs. And how hard is it to get players names correct, Masher Masher ffs!

Reply #847348 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Not all, listening to Allan Browne at Woodville. Warriors did not provide a guest so he is flying solo. Keeping it all the pocket doing well as expected.

Have a listen, tell me I am wrong.

I think step 1 is to work out if these broadcasts are supposed to be
a) a home team biased broadcast like the Bearcasts
b) a neutral broadcast being equal to both sides, all be it with a home expert.

I think its should be b as there should be more neutral and visiting fans watching than home fans, most of whom should be at the game.

Reply #847349 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's fair. I’m only watching the Eagles sturt game. Bloke hasn’t pronounced a surname right yet

Reply #847351 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #847426 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:36 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754