Anonymous
Years ago

Best way to watch Olympic basketball on TV

I understand there's a streaming option on 7 where you can watch whatever you want.

Anyone know if there will be an app for smart TVs or Chromecast Apple TV etc?

Or mobile devices only

Topic #48990 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks like it will be available on all devices and set top boxes:

https://7plus.com.au/about

Anyone tested the stream quality?

Reply #861993 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

7plus is on Telstra TV, Chromecast, PC, Phone etc

Basically available everywhere

Reply #861998 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

7plus is on most modern models of smart TVs already. Easy.

Reply #862000 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just downloaded 7 Plus on the LG Smart TV and it works brilliantly.

Reply #862018 | Report this post

KING  
Years ago

will be on 7plus and probably 7s main channel on free to air tv. Basketball is a popular sport for them, they don't have Gaze and Bogut for no other reason than they plan to spam some ad money when we tune into watch it.

Reply #862027 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Our first game on Sunday night is slated in for 7mate HD.

Reply #862042 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

Guys will the telecast all 4 games on Sunday on 7 plus? What an awesome Sunday we have ahead if so.

Reply #862056 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

If you have a smart TV load 7plus on the apps if not already on there and then go to live and it should have it on there hopefully.last night I watched the Matildas on there and it was very clear.

It currently has the Ollyroos playing on there live.

Reply #862058 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

Yeah so did I but just thinking like the Iran Checqk Republic game at 11am will that be telecast on 7 mate?

Reply #862063 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Probably not, but considering 7plus will have 45 Olympic channels every event should be viewable on it.

Reply #862064 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Guys will the telecast all 4 games on Sunday on 7 plus? What an awesome Sunday we have ahead if so."

Looks like every game will be on 7 plus. Feast of hoops

Reply #862067 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chanel 7 have in previous years started the basketball to then go to other sports and back in and out of the basketball, I don't trust them, hopefully it’ll be a continuous watch.

Reply #862068 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Yeah, I would wager the basketball will be the primary sport but they'll be in and out of other things from time to time.

Reply #862070 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

People are so worried as if streaming doesn't exist yet.

Reply #862072 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"People are so worried as if streaming doesn't exist yet." WTF.
No one uses STAN?. YOUTUBE, even FOXTEL is streamed. Oh NETFLIX

Reply #862076 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Re Olympics, we can watch any sport, in full, any time. Live, on demand etc.

It's free, and available in about every conceivable way.

I have a genuine question for Hoopsters out there. 1) How many watch streaming and 2) How many watch streaming beyond Netflix?

I would have thought being able to watch things around your own movements/time has changed the equation.

My consumption is almost entirely streaming, when it's not, it's mostly background noise to tune in/out.

I have about one show I watch on Ten Play (HYBPA), a few on 7Plus (Front Bar, Good Doctor), one on NineNow (New Amsterdam), one on SBSonDemand (the Good Fight).

Otherwise Netflix, Stan, Amazon.

Sportswise: AFL, Cricket, NBA via Foxtel Go; NBL via SBSonDemand.

Reply #862081 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL1. South Conference

Reply #862085 | Report this post

woody  
Years ago

I use streaming services for absolutely everything just like the DVD industry dies overnight I expect Foxtel (Pay TC) to die eventually. I have Kayo, Binge, Amazon Prime, Stan, Netflix and all the free streaming services. Gone are the days where you wait for a show to be televised live at 830 on a Thursday night or whatever on Pay Tv.

Reply #862088 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Channel 7 isn't putting every Football and Softball replay on 7 Plus, so probably a strong chance not every basketball replay will be on there. You’d have to watch every game LIVE to see every basketball tournament game played. I’d rather pay $20 and have every replay on demand like channel 7 did for Rio 2016. Hopefully every sport and their games are available for on demand replay when the Games officially begin on Saturday

Reply #862101 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

#076 wow, learn to read.

Reply #862102 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

I'm just wondering whether FIBA has rights to the footage and will post games on YouTube afterwards? I like to download and collect Boomners games after the fact so it'd suck if they disappeared afterwards.

Reply #862121 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

They won't. Olympic footage never surfaces, pretty much, IOC locks it all up.

Someone figured out how to download the streams for Rio, but otherwise we're stuck with whatever channel 7 airs that can be recorded.

Reply #862127 | Report this post

Royba  
Years ago

Football replays available now

Reply #862135 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

There is a scene group who are releasing Olympic football matches so I assume they will continue over the next two weeks with other events. Long live warez!

Reply #862143 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Which group Pw

Reply #862146 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hi Royba, still only select Full Replays for Football and Softball, still heaps of games missing...not looking good for Basketball

Reply #862154 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

I think we will get full Boomers replays as theyre probably the most high profile Australian team at the Olympics at this point. All Olympic talk I've heard from papers, news, etc has either been our swimmers, Ash Barty or the Boomers.

Reply #862155 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah I'd say every single event involved with an Australian team or athlete will have Full Replays. Too bad if you like a particular sport and want to see 2 neutral countries verse each other...you’ll be stuck with Mini’s at best probably

Reply #862156 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Which group Pw

https://predb.me/?title=tokyo-olympics-2020

Reply #862157 | Report this post

loungefly  
Years ago

thoughts on the Boomers uniforms??,

i mean the Track n field singlets with numbers stuck on them

Reply #862159 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rio uniforms were probably their best ever

Reply #862161 | Report this post

loungefly  
Years ago

the NIKE unis they had in Vegas were nice, obviously have to wear the kit from the Olympic sponsors ASICS but it would of been nice if they were actual basketball uniforms.

Maybe the Nike ones can pop up at WC and other Internationals

Reply #862165 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

I don't mind the green Boomers' uniform, the yellow one is just like a runner's shirt. I bought a "replica" from basketball australia but the diagrams they show for that dont look anything like the authentic asics version.

Reply #862168 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

FIBA don't have the rights to any Olympic Games stuff solely the TV netowrk's that bought the rights in that specific region which for us is the Seven Network.

Usually with basketball games at the Olympics channel 7 will often show the majority of Boomers games live as mentioned going in and out early in games, timeouts and quarter time breaks and USA games they will show about half the game in total.

Reply #862174 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jerseys on Basketball Australia shop are made by iAthetlic, looks like they have the contract for all events besides Olympic Games going forward. Maybe Nike had a short term deal in Las Vegas but decided not to have the full time contract

Reply #862183 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Games on Kayo?

Reply #862205 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

No.

Olympics isn't on Foxtel or Kayo

Reply #862206 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hockey seems to have a separate 7+ feed which doesn't swap away. Probably will be the same for basketball.

Reply #862227 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

^ Yeah I'd suggest watching the separate feeds for basketball. Both Hockey and the men's sculls on 7 mate have separate feeds. I'm glad for that because it seems like they will be showing a lot of Boomers on FTA but with that comes the risk of splicing, strangely timed add breaks, and the like.

Reply #862228 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

FYI selecting the sport option goes to the Olympic Broadcast commentary team option.

Ie Matildas on 7mate is Aussie commentary; selecting it under soccer option on 7plus is OB commentary

Reply #862254 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where do you find the sports-specific feeds?

I just get a listing of live events

Reply #862259 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Under olympics > scroll across on Live or On Now

Reply #862262 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think I-Athletic have a deal where they can make supporters wear rather than replicas. I say that as even their 2019 WC merchandise was different but similar to the actual uniform. I'm guessing Nike had the rights to sell replicas, but BA didn't allow them to, or Nike had no interest. I'm guessing the former as Peak would have had the rights to sell the 2019 WC uniform but didn't either.

Once again seems like Basketball Australia can't get their shit together. Commercialize the actual playing uniform, not some DH gate looking knock-off.

Reply #862292 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Not finding anywhere where you can download the Basketball. Wondering if anyone knows an easy way to screen capture it for the next game? I dont mind not reliving this game against Nigeria but I think others will be worth having.

Reply #862570 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:23 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754