Zodiac
Years ago

Casper Ware leaves NBL for Russia

After five years in the NBL Casper Ware is leaving the NBL to sign with a Russian based team in the VTB United League.

https://twitter.com/NBL/status/1422017775489282049

Won a championship with Melbourne in 2018 unlucky to miss out on the MVP award in 2019 but fell away when he signed with Sydney.

It's been a pleasure to watch a superstar import play both sides of the ball and I've enjoyed watching him over the years even if that title was against my team.

Good luck to Casper for the rest of his career maybe one day he will return to the NBL.

Topic #49045 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Big money, good luck to him.

Reply #864587 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

It's always been about the money, which might be frustrating from a fan perspective, but you can't blame a professional athlete for making hay.

Reply #864607 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Really went down hill past couple of year's, had more bricks than points

Reply #864614 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Going to miss the bricklayer as he was the MVP for us in two GF series vs. Melbourne and Sydney.

Reply #864618 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To many haters who have achieved nothing.

Reply #864623 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Absolute jet at his peak... Casper everywhere love ya

Reply #864630 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

" To many haters who have achieved nothing"

Too many lovers whom have achieved nothing

Reply #864633 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's easy to put rubbish out there and bag anyone as a no body. I know I’ve fallen into the trap myself occasionally. Casper has been very good over the distance.

Reply #864635 | Report this post

MD  
Years ago

One of the best point guards we have had in the new NBL era. Wonder how he'll go in a new league

Reply #864640 | Report this post

Love this game  
Years ago

Casper was definitely one of the best Pg's of this era sometimes I questioned the comments on this forum in regards to the put downs. If we could see the people posting real life that would be very interesting then we would have a better understanding of the haters or lovers. All in all salute to a true professional and legit NBL player something a lot of people posting could only dream of. Great career All NBL 1st teams and a championship now please each person post they work accomplishments if you even have a job employee of the month coach of the year hahaha nope they surely haven’t accomplished much.

Reply #864641 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Suck more piss

Reply #864643 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I always found it interesting that having played 5 seasons, there was never any talk of him naturalising and becoming an even more valuable member of his team.

Reply #864653 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Going to miss the bricklayer as he was the MVP for us in two GF series vs. Melbourne and Sydney."

This is typical of the Perth fans. No wonder they are hated and despised.

Reply #864655 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is rj hunter him replacement all r there still looking for a point guard

Reply #864656 | Report this post

Silesti  
Years ago

that is really unexpected.

Reply #869031 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:42 pm, Wed 8 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754